IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ did not die for our sins.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ChristianLady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 5:41am

Angela is christian, she mormon SORRY I do not consider MORMONS OR JEHOVAH WITNESSES CHRISTIAN. And neither do thousands of Evangelical christian churches. Mormons believe Jesus is the brother of SATAN. Sorry that is not my kind of church.

Now I am really out of here lol

Christian Lady
ChristianLady View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 5:37am

I am going to place ONE more comment

Angel unless you are BORN AGAIN you will never see heaven according to JESUS own words. READ JOHN 3 and if you are NOT born again you are NOT a christian. I do not care how many times you claim to be a christian. Jesus said you must be born again. Just because you claim to be one does not make you one. That is why Jesus said what he said FOR MANY will come in MY name casting out demons and healing the sick and I will (meanin Jesus) will say DEPART FROM ME you workers of inquity for i NEVER new you. MANY people in todays world are claiming to be christians and they are NOT. They have no clue to what a true born again christian is. They use the label christian and go out and sleep with others, lie, cheat, all the same things they did before they claimed christianity. A christian cannot do those things and still claim to be CHRISTIAN. A christian is one CHANGED from the inside out and they do not do what they use to do.

Now as far as I NEVER said anything about anyone on here becoming a christian as far as I am concerned you can do what you want. It is you're soul NOT mine that will find out in the end. I know I am on the right path and I know christianity is the truth and if that sounds proud then so be it because to me it sounds proud what you muslims do also claiming islam is the only way. That if I do not become muslim then I will go to hell fire. Well the same way you feel about you're religion is how I feel about mine.

NOW BMZSP

This is why I said cross reference must happen in order to understand the Bible. IF you went back to ISAIAH 9:6 this verse posted below is about JESUS. IF you notice he is called WONDERFUL, COUNSELOR, all mighty GOD, everylasting FATHER the prince of PEACE. NOW counselor was one of the GREEK WORDS FOR THE COMFORTER if you go back and look up the word comforter in the GREEK. Jesus was also considered a COUNSELOR and a COMFORTER to people while he was here on earth. HE was sending ANOTHER COUNSELOR like HIMSELF in SPIRIT form. He said he must leave earth so the COUNSELOR can come, so how can the COUNSELOR be mohammed when the Bible says that it came immediately after Jesus left earth and mohammed came almost 500 yrs later? See right there again it proves THE COMFORTER is not mohammed. He was 500 yrs to late. Now here is the verse

Isaiah 9     Read This Chapter
9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I am now done with this debate with you. I have answered and reanswered. I will not debate this again. IF YOU cannot accept that the Holy Spirit is the comforter then you have a problem with Jesus because even Jesus said it was.

I thank you all for allowing me to come and share on here. I pray that each of you find the truth. I am not looking for truth. For truth is in christianity. See I can be PROUD to like muslims. I to will die a christian and never accept islam. But I can say one thing I do love you people. And I pray you can love me because as you I am a human being.

Take care

bye

Christian Lady
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 1:55am

"I'm off for a break. "

I just came back home.  Will write more when I regain my senses.

Cheers, Angel.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 12:26am
I'm off for a break.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

I am not sure you can dismiss people with valid points due to immaturity or lack of education. I myself have graduate work in physics, with a four year background in physics and mathematics along with critical thinking and some philosophy, and a two year degree in biology, and I am currently working on upper level work in the medical field along with courses in Islam. I am in my early 30s, and I have also studied your "OT" to a great extent and even studied it at a synagogue in my teens during my exploration of my Jewish roots. I assure you that the Jews have a theology nearly the same as that of Islam, and they have derived it from the "OT".

I had thought about the priesthood years ago, explored the Catholic church, studying with a priest for over a year, attended evangelical churches, Methodist churches, Baptist, etc.

wow!

Edited by Angel
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by ChristianLady ChristianLady wrote:

Good morning Everyone,

As far as Ishmael and Isaac they are half brothers and I am not going to get into any more about them. They will never be full brothers whether they have the same father or not for the very fact they have different moms. I am tired of going in circles about this. Ishmael was not an Israelite and never will be due to his mother.

getting dizzy are ya?

man!  I don't think you still get it.

fine ismael was not an israelite due to his mother, but ismael is still part of Abraham and whatever Abrahman was, so are his sons, DON'T you forget that!!

We have ismaelites and israelites, as you have said, which correspond to ismael and isaac, and yes Muhammed is from ismael, but ismael is from Abraham which makes Muhammed from the Abrahamic line. And no one here, i think, has denied really (from the bible) what God set out, no one has disputed that, what is being disputed is the "brethern" bit.   

Quote Angel you asked about the (world) in that verse and why that verse excludes the christians it does not include christians because it was directed to the christians.That verse was saying only the christians can understand the Holy Spirit because the christians ACCEPT the Holy Spirit where all other religions do NOT.

I accept the Holy Spirit but i'm not christian.

so now what?? 

Quote The word christian means CHRIST like.

MANY non christians act Christ like!  

Jesus Christ came for ALL people.

If christ means messiah, the word christian cannot mean christ like.

Jesus never brought or claim christianity as a religion, as far as i know, what Jesus taught, he didn't prescribe any name to. Jesus was given the name Christ, it means messiah that is why we have Jesus Christ as his name.

I understand why the term "christ-like" is refered to acting like Jesus, BUT it DOESN'T make the word/name Christian meaning Christ-like. 

Quote And you do need the Holy Spirit to read the Bible and understand it.

YOU are the only person that says that!!

Edited by Angel
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 11:10pm

I think my time on here is coming to an end for now. I may come back some time in the future. I can see that you people are young and do not know the Bible very well. So I will move on to people who know how to debate. Seems i have proven alot and not one thing has been proven about mohammed. By the way, I am 47 and I have been to Bible College and I have a Masters In Bible. I think it is you people that need to learn the Bible and not by your imam but by ones who know the Bible. The Bible is truth and one day I pray you have eyes to see truth and not have the blinders on.

I will be praying for each one of you.

Dear Christian Lady, for a woman who is 47, don't you find your display slightly juvenile? Just a tad bit perhaps? Could you not learn to agree to disagree? Instead of taking the high handed approach that is very stereotypical of evangelical Christians, such that if there is a disagreement, then it is simply because the other party is not mature enough, not learned enough, untrained, or without the holy spirit for "true guidance", how about just leaving things be? I started at the beginnign of the thread with a sincere dialogue, not to change your faith, or talk you out of your faith, but to simply lay down my reasons for not accepting your faith. Unfortunately, it turned in to something else. As a Muslim, it is not upon me to talk someone out of their faith, or to use tricks or deceit to change someone's mind. I can only relay the message, and it is then between you and God.

As far as your complaint that you need to find people who knows how to debate. Well, you do know that a debate consists of the usual rules of logic founded in critical thinking? This means that you cannot "assert" as proof, such as, "but the book of John says this and that, therefore my belief is true", or "but the bible says such and such". As far as I am concerned, I have abided by those rules (rhetoric/logic) in this informal setting to the best of my ability, so if you feel I have wronged you in terms of a debate, I ask you to point out my errors.

I am not sure you can dismiss people with valid points due to immaturity or lack of education. I myself have graduate work in physics, with a four year background in physics and mathematics along with critical thinking and some philosophy, and a two year degree in biology, and I am currently working on upper level work in the medical field along with courses in Islam. I am in my early 30s, and I have also studied your "OT" to a great extent and even studied it at a synagogue in my teens during my exploration of my Jewish roots. I assure you that the Jews have a theology nearly the same as that of Islam, and they have derived it from the "OT".

I had thought about the priesthood years ago, explored the Catholic church, studying with a priest for over a year, attended evangelical churches, Methodist churches, Baptist, etc.  

Finally, I find it a bit insulting, and disappointing, that you resort to a petty insult by accusing us who disagree with you as having learned our knowledge from Imams. Christian Lady, I have learned your faith from your own sources, and many of the Muslims here were Christians earlier in their lives. I challenge anyone to point out a single proposition I have made that is not based upon your own sources. It is troubling that you accuse us of learning your faith from Imams, when you have obvisouly never studied my faith, and in fact, you have used work that was origninally written by Silas (a Christian missionary/apologist/polemicist). I did not bring it up orignially out of courtesy to you and knowing you were not familiar with these kinds of discussions, I wanted to give you all courtesies and freedoms to explore the thread. I have read the piece you pasted here (on Deut 18) before, and it was the same verbatim. Unless you are Silas, or unless Silas took the work from you, I would say that so far you seem to be the one who is learning a faith from those who believe in it's anti-thesis.

You are always welcome here and I wish you and your family a safe and fulfilling religous holiday. Forgive me if I have offended you in any way.

Kindest Regards   

Edited by Andalus
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 10:52pm

I think my time on here is coming to an end for now. I may come back some time in the future. I can see that you people are young and do not know the Bible very well. So I will move on to people who know how to debate. Seems i have proven alot and not one thing has been proven about mohammed. By the way, I am 47 and I have been to Bible College and I have a Masters In Bible. I think it is you people that need to learn the Bible and not by your imam but by ones who know the Bible. The Bible is truth and one day I pray you have eyes to see truth and not have the blinders on.

I will be praying for each one of you.

young, cannot debate, lol!  

What's your problem now?? You come to have a discussion, we are discussing and pointing out stuff while we discuss, that is what you want isn't it???, but you seem to push for your knowledge and that is all that matters, you think because you are christain, born again at that and you have the holy spirit YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?? excuse me but that is just plain agorance.  

You say that christians are christains because they act Christ-like many people act christ like and are not christians. Also i think it is wrong to imply that Jesus was for christians, when he only came to ALL people to teach the way, the truth and salvation to God.

You say you hold a masters degree in bible well I pointed out that some scholars DON'T EVEN use the KJ bible for the excelsis degrees.

Not once have you commented on what i brought about the KJ bible.

And if you missed I am not muslim.

And DavidC is christian

And Angela is christian, she mormon

And you are also speaking to people who have been christians for sometime before leaving christianity.

And about Muhammed, I believe Israfil brought something, something with Amed which you never commented on.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
  Share Topic