IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - face covers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

face covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: face covers
    Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:10am

Salam Sisters,

It's been a long time ( almost a year) since I posted. Someone donated face covers to me to send to the States for muslim sisters. I would like to send them to a muslim center. Can anyone help?

Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:14am
Originally posted by ummsaleh ummsaleh wrote:

Salam Sisters,

It's been a long time ( almost a year) since I posted. Someone donated face covers to me to send to the States for muslim sisters. I would like to send them to a muslim center. Can anyone help?

Bismillah,

As I mentioned to you earlier in a pm, I decided not to do this because basically I don't want to promote the wearing of face covers.  Why don't you get someone to dontate Holy Qurans and regular scarves and dresses that many of the new sisters here cannot afford or even just obtain them?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:29am
 agree with Herjihad, why promote covering the face. I think it is extreme and isolates women and in the west makes them the subject of intense ridicule. I say sisters just say NO to covering your face!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:34am
Sorry you sisters feel that way'. I'm addressing sisters who cover their faces.
Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:13am
Originally posted by ummsaleh ummsaleh wrote:

Sorry you sisters feel that way'.

I really feel sorry for sisters who are forced to live behind the face covers.
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:30am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

just a little story from the life of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw).

Once Ali (ra) was with some other companions (ra) and they were discussing qualities of women, after a long discussion they still could not come up with what they thought was best quality and they all departed, when ali (ra) got home, he asked of fatima (ra) what she thought was best quality in a woman and she said that she does not see a na-mehram and is not seen by one. The next day ali went to Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) and told him the whole story and he (saw) said 'and fatima is of me'

sisters if you don't agree with something thats fine but it don't mean that its extreme or belittles some1, this was the sunnah of best of best, no one is saying its a must do, people only say it like you say Allah swt really loves those who wake up in the last third part of night and pray tahajjud, i have seen sisters wearing niqaab and working in really high positions at uni and hospitals, its fear within ourselves which makes us think people are laughing at us, iv seen people giving those sister respect for their professional qualities and thinking really high of them to have deen and dunya at the same time,  it is most beautifull feeling that even in this day n age people find courage to practise the sunnah, I want to leave you with a beautifull hadith in which Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said that this religion started with strangers and at the end of times it will be again for strangers.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:38am
If you cannot be seen by anyone then why go out of the house in first place?
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 10:43am

its not 'cannot' its dont want to be, and like every thing else its personal choice and if you don't want strangers to see your face then its your choice

now why would you go out, well bcos some times you have to, you go to educational institutes, some people work, not because they have to but they want to, and some time to shop around, some times just go out, face cover don't stop u from any of this,

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic