IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I HAD A DREAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I HAD A DREAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:36am

Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

In summary, it sounds to me like it was a dream of good vs. evil...and good won!  Congratulations.

I agree.  It sounds like a basic dream we all have.  I would say you made the right choice.  Perhaps the Horse is your faith, or perhaps it symbolizes a change you are making for the positive.  Are you moving soon?  Or changing the people you associate with?  Do you have some change in your life that you are struggling with? 

abdelhamidem View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdelhamidem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

What is really strange is that you remember so many details.� Our dreams are stored in "short term memory" in the brain, and that is the part of our memory which we forget the quickest.� (Long term memory stays with us for much longer....years and years.)� That's also why we seldom remember what we dreamed....we KNOW we did dream, but we can't remember much about it, or sometimes we don't remember it at all.

In summary, it sounds to me like it was a dream of good vs. evil...and good won!� Congratulations.

God's Peace

Well, I simply wrote down the dream as soon as i woke up, and then I kept thinking about it. That's why I managed to keep so many details in mind.
Really I don't see anything strange about that.

errr... I really shouldn't have talked about gollum.

Thank you for your help anyway.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 10:55am

"errr... I really shouldn't have talked about gollum."

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's gollum?

"Thank you for your help anyway."

My pleasure.

God's peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:01am
Gollum is a little evil guide from JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.  He was a simple kinda guy until he found the One Ring (an evil item) and it corrupted him into a horrible little creature that could only think about the ring. 
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdelhamidem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 3:13pm
hmm... nothing about my dream then ?
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 3:20pm
As I said Abdel.  It sounds like you are facing a choice or a change in your life.  The hardest part about dream interpretation is you really must know the person.
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdelhamidem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

As I said Abdel.� It sounds like you are facing a choice or a change in your life.� The hardest part about dream interpretation is you really must know the person.

I see ... I'm not facing a choice or a change right now, not yet, but I really hope a change.

I have to say, I am in a really difficult situation right now, and I don't know how I'm going to solve it. But a travel abroad would solve... The only problem is, I have no reason/possibility to travel right now.

Thank your contribution :o)
BlueSun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueSun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 7:35am

Salaam,

Just a quick note, dreams are normally the opposite of what the seam. So good is really bad, and bad is really good.

I have alot of dreams, recently I had a dream I got a job I had an interview for, I instantly knew I didn't get the job. Later in that day, I got a phone call which advised so.

So be careful, never relate a dream to people. It is written in the Hadith, the wrong interpretation of a dream can change the course of events to occur (in not these words). I heard that in a seminar I attented with Sheikh Mohammed Al-Yaqoubi.

Khalid ibn Waleed - The Sword of Allah - Greatest General of all time !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic