IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I HAD A DREAM  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I HAD A DREAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdelhamidem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I HAD A DREAM
    Posted: 06 June 2006 at 7:39am
Assalam alaykum wa rahmatoulahu wa barakatuh to everyone.

I had this very weird dream a few days ago, and I'm very curious to know the explanation, if there is any. Of course I know that this field is very complicated and that it's hard to know the real meaning of it... But I'm just curious right now.

So here it is:

I was in a house, that i had never seen before. It was full of thieves and criminals ... and I was hiding and sneaking to save my life. Then I entered a room where I met one of the bad guys who threatened me with a gun for a few seconds, and then stopped. He looked old and small and ugly. A little bit like gollum in lord of the rings, but more human and hairy :o).

Then we went out to another room where there were several weird creatures... but the only two that I remember are a white flying horse, that had no wings... and a big black insect hung at the ceiling, a bit like a black beetle.
The black beetle talked to me and tried to convince me not to ride the horse... I hesitated a while, and suddenly decided to jump on it...

Then we flew out the window, and travelled above a beautiful land that looked warm and dry, but there was several beautiful and shiny rivers...

In the end, we reached a big wall, the horse looped and safely landed in a place where there was a few people...

That's it!

I have to apologize for my mistakes, if any, as I don't speak english as a mother tongue.
And I have to say that I'm not a teenager, nor a man who watches too many movies!

Thank you for your help and your reading.

Wa salam.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 7:47am

You didn't watch any fantasy movies lately did you

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:00am
you should not share dreams like this with anybody...
abdelhamidem View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdelhamidem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:03am
Absolutely not

It has been a long time since I watched a sci fiction or fantasy movie...
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:04am

Originally posted by abdelhamidem abdelhamidem wrote:

Absolutely not

It has been a long time since I watched a sci fiction or fantasy movie...

okay, just making sure, so now we can scratch that explanation out

abdelhamidem View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdelhamidem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:04am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

you should not share dreams like this with anybody...

Really? I thought it was nightmares that people shouldn't share...

What happens if i share them ?
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:02am

What is really strange is that you remember so many details.  Our dreams are stored in "short term memory" in the brain, and that is the part of our memory which we forget the quickest.  (Long term memory stays with us for much longer....years and years.)  That's also why we seldom remember what we dreamed....we KNOW we did dream, but we can't remember much about it, or sometimes we don't remember it at all.

In summary, it sounds to me like it was a dream of good vs. evil...and good won!  Congratulations.

God's Peace

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 9:19am

Only some people cannot remember their dreams, I remember just about all my dreams and from years ago to, some dreams i just don't forget. Also, I normally know what my dreams are about, why i had them. I also dream of future events that turn out to be true.  it feels like day ja vu  Those dreams happen when i am pretty much in tune with myself and if I keep that up be intune then much more of those future event dreams happen  

It is all fasinating

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic