IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 11:46pm
That same shallow mindset presented in the article can be said of us Muslims! regardless of belief our negative actions can present the influence of the devil. This is why I made the thread "Reasons why I'm against Scholars"

Edited by Israfil
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 11:56pm

i have not made any negative action by posting this. 

i am not doing anything wrong.

i am spreading the true message

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 7:09am

Yes, salman, you are spreading the true message......as you believe it.  What we must realize in order to co-exist and find peace on earth, is that we all have the right to our beliefs.  If I were somewhat disrespectful, I could say all sorts of nonsense about why your beliefs are wrong.  But I could not do that....because you are following your mind and your heart.  Isn't that really the bottom line? 

I feel Almighty God is merciful and just.  So He knows when we are very honestly and steadfastly doing our very best as human beings to honor, worship, and adore Him.  Maybe I do it in another manner from you, but I still do it.  He is my everything.  I love our God with all my being.  Just as you do in your chosen religion. 

That is why I believe it is so important to share what we believe, and why we believe it, and not make attempts to show where "you are wrong and everything you believe is wrong, but I am right and everything I believe is right."  God created every single one of us, and He loves all of us, even with our many faults and failings....at least in my case.  I know I am not perfect, and I never will be.  Only God is perfect.  We can simply do our best to love and serve Him, and to do what we believe in our hearts is pleasing to Him.  On Judgement Day, if we have done that, I honestly believe he will be quite merciful to us.  I know you have great faith, Salman.  And so do I, but I just have a little different view from yours.  We're both trying our best, I think.  Don't you think so?

Peace Salman!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

I know you have great faith, Salman. 

masha Allah (how good Allah wishes !)

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 8:31am

Yes, salman, you are spreading the true message......as you believe it.  What we must realize in order to co-exist and find peace on earth, is that we all have the right to our beliefs.  If I were somewhat disrespectful, I could say all sorts of nonsense about why your beliefs are wrong.  But I could not do that....because you are following your mind and your heart.  Isn't that really the bottom line? 

I feel Almighty God is merciful and just.  So He knows when we are very honestly and steadfastly doing our very best as human beings to honor, worship, and adore Him.  Maybe I do it in another manner from you, but I still do it.  He is my everything.  I love our God with all my being.  Just as you do in your chosen religion. 

That is why I believe it is so important to share what we believe, and why we believe it, and not make attempts to show where "you are wrong and everything you believe is wrong, but I am right and everything I believe is right."  God created every single one of us, and He loves all of us, even with our many faults and failings....at least in my case.  I know I am not perfect, and I never will be.  Only God is perfect.  We can simply do our best to love and serve Him, and to do what we believe in our hearts is pleasing to Him.  On Judgement Day, if we have done that, I honestly believe he will be quite merciful to us.  I know you have great faith, Salman.  And so do I, but I just have a little different view from yours.  We're both trying our best, I think.  Don't you think so?

Peace Salman!

may be you are right sister Patty...

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 10:17am

Dear Salman,

Maybe we're both right!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2006 at 11:06am

Dear Salman,

Maybe we're both right!

Edited by salman_s
Aquinian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 4:39pm

As others have said, Catholics do not worship pictures, statues, or crosses.  Catholics worship the Holy Eucharist.  The Holy Eucharist is the body of Christ present in the front of the church, which is why the kneeling takes place.  As you would kneel before Allah, so do Catholics kneel before the Jesus Christ, present in the Eucharist.

As for the pictures, statues, and crosses, these are comparable to photos taken of your best friend.  When you look at photos of your best friend, you do not worship them but use them to remember the friend who is not with you.  We use pictures, statues, and crosses to remember the gifts that God has given us.

Some might refer me to the Ten Commandments when God says that man shall make no graven image.  Catholics make images of God all the time though, so how do we reconcile these beliefs?

After God gives this commandment, he then directs the Israelites to build the Ark of the Covenant.  For the Ark, he gives them very specific directions to make angels and other images on it.  I have heard that Muslims do not allow any images of the prophets or angels because they believe that Allah does not allow any of these images.  That is fine, but then that means that Allah and the Jewish God are two different entities with two different rules.  One allows the image of angels etc and the other does not.  One God allows holy images so long as they are not worshipped, and the other does not allow any images.

The God of Abraham does not allow the worship of any image.  That's okay for Catholics, because Catholics do not worship any images that they make.  They use them to remember and praise God through their talents.

It's my belief that Allah and the God of Abraham are two different entities, as defined by their respective followings.  I cast no moral judgment on either faith, as I am uninterested in interfaith 'wrangling.'  We are all sinners, after all.  Peace be with you...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic