IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Facing Challenges of New Convert  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Facing Challenges of New Convert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 2:51pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Sister Ummziba, Jazak Allah for you encouragement.  I will keep your words in mind as I go to this event.  I do plan to go, I must.  Inshallah it will be good for me.

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2006 at 4:35pm

jakazallah sisters, I ran into some other muslimahs in the walmart near where I live and even though I was in hijab and greeted them approprieately they looked at me as if I were crazy and then went on! I am of european descent and they were speaking Arabic and wearing Saudi abayas, so I am wondering if they speak English? I dislike being treated as if I were 2nd class in the muslim world, but ALLAH (pwt) knows best, and I will perservere!

maryah

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 4:10am

Assalamu alaikum,

Indeed, do perservere, Sis Maryah.  Next time you run into some sisters, follow your greeting immediately with a question, for example, "assalamu alaikum, do you sisters live in this city?"  Perhaps the question will give them pause to stop and answer and a conversation can then follow.  Surely if they are out and about on their own they must have at least a minimum grasp of english.

It has been my experience that once a stranger knows you are in need of some help because you are a "new" Muslim, they can't do enough for you.  Insha'allah, you will soon have some Muslim sisters in your life to help enrich your deen.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 10:42pm
Asalamu Alaikum

I just wanna say I LOVE ALL REVERTS!!! :)

Mashallah, all the reverts go through true jihad... with uncountable struggles from family, friends, and society!

I admire everyone who reverts back to Islam! Makes me very happy to know that we still have brothers and sisters reverting despite the challenges, and yet we see born muslims who are led astray. Subhanallah.

So more power to the reverts! Allahu Akbar!  :)

Stay strong brothers n sisters!!! Inshallah, Allah will grant you Jannah Firdaus!  AMEEN!!!!

Ma'Salama,
Hamid
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 4:21am

Bismillah,

Salaams Sisters Maryah and PeaceinIslam Khadija and Nausheen, and  In Shah Allah, you are both doing well. 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Salaams Sisters Maryah and PeaceinIslam Khadija and Nausheen, and  In Shah Allah, you are both doing well. 

Shukran jaziilan herjihad, `Wa `Alaikum us-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.'

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:45pm
Dear Sister Maryah,PeaceinIslam,Khadija&Nausheen,
Assalamulaikum.
I want to say that you are all beautiful sisters who deserve the best. You all are so lucky to start life on a white clean page. Congratulations on your conversion to Islam. Since this world is so diversified, you will find all types of people. (No matter if they are muslim or not). I pray that all of you will suceed in your new life that Allah(SWAT) has given to you. Plus, the sisters @ this forum are your sisters and friends who would most willing to help answer any question that you have to the best of our knowledge.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic