IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Deuteronomy 18:15 Jesus Prediction???  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deuteronomy 18:15 Jesus Prediction???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 12:53am

Originally posted by Deus Deus wrote:

Besides, Jesus had no father, so no genealogy.

See Matthew Ch. 1 and Luke Ch. 3.

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 1:10am
Originally posted by jalillah jalillah wrote:

The Lord They God....will raise Unto Thee a Prophet (pbuh) from the Midst of Thee, of They Brethren,like Unto me; Unto Him Ye shall Harken...deuteronomy 18:15

========
Admin:
Please read guidelines:
3. Use of upper case and bold (font) is not permissible for the whole of the message body, however it may be used to add emphasis to words or phrases contained within your message.
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=30

The above means:-

Alike Early in Their Careers

Both Moses and Jesus escaped the slaughter of very young male children. The infant Moses was concealed among the reeds on the banks of the Nile River and thus escaped the slaughter of Israelite male babies as ordered by Pharaoh of Egypt. As a young child, Jesus also escaped the slaughter of males up to two years old in Bethlehem and its districts. This massacre was ordered by King Herod the Great, who, like Pharaoh, was an enemy of God and His people.�Exodus 1:22�2:10; Matthew 2:13-18.

A mild-tempered, or meek, spirit was displayed by both Moses and Jesus. Though he was reared as a son in the household of a powerful king of Egypt, Moses came to be �by far the meekest of all the men who were upon the surface of the ground.� (Numbers 12:3) Comparably, Jesus had served as the mighty prince Michael in heaven but humbly came to the earth. (Daniel 10:13; Philippians 2:5-8) Moreover, Jesus had compassion for people and could say: �Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls.��Matthew 11:29; 14:14.

For the sake of Jehovah�s service, both Moses and Jesus left behind prominent positions and great riches. To serve Jehovah and His people, Moses gave up wealth and a prestigious place in Egypt. (Hebrews 11:24-26) Similarly, Jesus left behind a greatly favored position and riches in heaven so as to serve God and His people on the earth.�2 Corinthians 8:9.

Moses and Jesus both became God�s anointed ones. The prophet Moses served as Jehovah�s anointed one to the nation of Israel. As the apostle Paul said, Moses �esteemed the reproach of [being] the Christ [anointed one] as riches greater than the treasures of Egypt.� (Hebrews 11:26; Exodus 3:1�4:17) When did Jesus become the Christ, or anointed One? This occurred when he was anointed with God�s holy spirit, or active force, upon being baptized. To the Samaritan woman at Jacob�s fountain at Sychar and before Israel�s high priest when on trial, Jesus testified that he was the Messiah, or Christ.�Mark 14:61, 62; John 4:25, 26.

Both Moses and Jesus fasted for 40 days. Early in his career as God�s spokesman, Moses fasted for 40 days while in the mountain of Sinai. (Exodus 34:28) Jesus fasted for 40 days in the wilderness and then resisted satanic temptation early in his career as the promised Messiah.�Matthew 4:1-11.

Both Men Glorified Jehovah

Jehovah used both Moses and Jesus to magnify His holy name. God told Moses to go to the Israelites in the name of �Jehovah the God of their forefathers.� (Exodus 3:13-16) Moses represented God before Pharaoh, who was kept in existence so that Jehovah�s power could be shown and His name declared in all the earth. (Exodus 9:16) Jesus likewise came in Jehovah�s name. For instance, Christ said: �I have come in the name of my Father, but you do not receive me.� (John 5:43) Jesus glorified his Father, made Jehovah�s name manifest to the men God gave him, and made it well-known on the earth.�John 17:4, 6, 26.

By divine power, Moses and Jesus both performed miracles that glorified God. Moses performed miracles to prove that he was commissioned by Jehovah God. (Exodus 4:1-31) Throughout his career, Moses, who was used by God to part the Red Sea, continued to perform miracles that glorified Jehovah. (Exodus 5:1�12:36; 14:21-31; 16:11-18; 17:5-7; Psalm 78:12-54) Similarly, Jesus brought glory to God by performing many miracles. So much was that the case that Jesus could say: �Believe me that I am in union with the Father and the Father is in union with me; otherwise, believe on account of the works themselves.� (John 14:11) Among his miracles was that of causing a violent windstorm to abate, so that the Sea of Galilee became calm.�Mark 4:35-41; Luke 7:18-23.

Other Important Similarities

Moses and Jesus were both associated with a miraculous provision of food. Moses was Jehovah�s prophet when food was miraculously provided for the Israelites. (Exodus 16:11-36) Similarly, on two occasions of Bible record, Jesus miraculously fed multitudes with material food.�Matthew 14:14-21; 15:32-38.

Manna from heaven was linked with the service of both Moses and Jesus. Moses was leading the Israelites when they were provided with manna from heaven, as it were. (Exodus 16:11-27; Numbers 11:4-9; Psalm 78:25) In a comparable but highly important way, Jesus provided his own flesh as manna from heaven for the life of obedient mankind.�John 6:48-51.

Both Moses and Jesus led people out of bondage into freedom. Moses was used by God to lead the Israelites out of bondage to the Egyptians and into freedom as His people. (Exodus 12:37-42) Similarly, Jesus Christ has been leading his followers into freedom. Christ will yet lead obedient mankind into freedom from bondage to the organization of Satan the Devil, as well as from sin and death.�1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Colossians 1:13; 1 John 5:19.

Moses and Jesus both mediated covenants. Moses was the mediator of the Law covenant, between Jehovah God and the Israelites. (Exodus 19:3-9) Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant, between God and spiritual Israel.�Jeremiah 31:31-34; Luke 22:20; Hebrews 8:6-13.

Judging was committed to both Moses and Jesus Christ. Moses served as judge and lawgiver to fleshly Israel. (Exodus 18:13; Malachi 4:4) Jesus serves as Judge and has given the spiritual �Israel of God� its laws and commandments. (Galatians 6:16; John 15:10) Christ himself said: �The Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son, in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.��John 5:22, 23.

Both Moses and Jesus were entrusted with headship over God�s house. Moses was faithful as the head over the house of God in ancient Israel. (Numbers 12:7) Comparably, Jesus was made the Head of Jehovah�s spiritual house of sons and has proved faithful over it. Indeed, Jesus �was faithful to the One that made him such, as Moses was also in all the house of that One. For the latter is counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who constructs it has more honor than the house. . . . Moses as an attendant was faithful in all the house of that One as a testimony of the things that were to be spoken afterwards, but Christ was faithful as a Son over the house of that One. We are the house of that One, if we make fast our hold on our freeness of speech and our boasting over the hope firm to the end.��Hebrews 3:2-6.

Even as to death, Moses and Jesus were alike. How so? Well, Jehovah removed Moses� body, thus preventing men from either profaning it or idolizing it. (Deuteronomy 34:5, 6; Jude 9) Similarly, God disposed of Jesus� body, not allowing it to see corruption and thus preventing its becoming a stumbling block to faith.�Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:29-31; 1 Corinthians 15:50.

Jesus�A Prophet Like Moses

Here are some of the ways in which Jesus proved to be like Moses:

▲ Moses and Jesus both escaped the wholesale slaughter of male infants as ordered by the ruler of their time.�Exodus 1:22; 2:1-10; Matthew 2:13-18.

▲ Moses was called out of Egypt with Jehovah�s �firstborn,� the nation of Israel. Jesus was called out of Egypt as God�s firstborn Son.�Exodus 4:22, 23; Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:15, 19-21.

▲ Moses and Jesus both fasted for 40 days in wilderness locations.�Exodus 34:28; Matthew 4:1, 2.

▲ Moses and Jesus were exceptionally meek and humble.�Numbers 12:3; Matthew 11:28-30.

▲ Moses and Jesus both performed miracles.�Exodus 14:21-31; Psalm 78:12-54; Matthew 11:5; Mark 5:38-43; Luke 7:11-15, 18-23.

▲ Moses and Jesus both served as mediators of covenants between God and His people.�Exodus 24:3-8; 1 Timothy 2:5, 6; Hebrews 8:10-13; 12:24.

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 2:19am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 5:29am | IP Logged Report%20Post Quote minuteman

minuteman- Jesus rules over the kingdom of GOD.

Jesus fulfilled the law, He did not abolish it.

How do you know the enemies of Jesus are not rotting in hell?

yes the Jews did believe that Jesus was blaspheming against GOD.  That is why the Jews crucified Him.

Believer, our posts have completed about one year on the net. So celebrate. Can you please tell me what is the punishment for Blasphemy in the Jewish religion. Please be strict and give a correct plain answer again. Thanks.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 2:29am
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by Deus Deus wrote:

Besides, Jesus had no father, so no genealogy.

See Matthew Ch. 1 and Luke Ch. 3.

Good point robin. You have reminded that geneology of Jesus is there in the bible NT. Very good. What is the use of that geneology please? Who we would say was the father of Jesus? He called himself son of man, son of man every time. So he was the son of a man. But I want to know who was that man? Please tell.

Edited by minuteman - 06 July 2008 at 2:30am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 7:07am
Really- ONE YEAR Thumbs%20Up

Thank you for the catch -it should read wanted Jesus crucified and Barabbas freed.

Romans punishment for a sedition/crime-curcifixion
Jews punishment for blasphemy -stoning
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Really- ONE YEAR Thumbs%20Up

Thank you for the catch -it should read wanted Jesus crucified and Barabbas freed.

Romans punishment for a sedition/crime-curcifixion
Jews punishment for blasphemy -stoning

Thanks for the reply. The charge against Jesus was sedition or blasphemy? I hope it was blasphemy. That is clear because Jews had charged him. They could have nothing to do with any sedition. What do you say please?
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 9:22pm

robin has not replied about the son of man. Jesus was son of man. I wanted to know who  was that man please?

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:39pm

Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

robin has not replied about the son of man. Jesus was son of man. I wanted to know who  was that man please?

I used to find that confusing too.  "Son of man" means "son of mankind", i.e. a man.  It's just a way of emphasizing that He was human like us.

I think it was also a kind of code phrase.  The Zealots would recognize the phrase "son of man" as referring to the prophecy of the Messiah, while the Romans would not.  To openly declare Jesus as the Messiah, i.e. the rightful King of the Jews, would have been seditious.  And yes, I think He was ultimately crucified for sedition.

Edited by Ron Webb - 08 July 2008 at 4:45pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic