IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Deuteronomy 18:15 Jesus Prediction???  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deuteronomy 18:15 Jesus Prediction???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 12:21am
No this is about prohet Mohammed. Arabs are the brethren of Jews. Also the verse later on says "and I shall put my words in his mouth" this is the Quran which was a verbal revelation.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 5:29am

Katherine has tried to prove thatThe brethren are the Jews. But if we read the complete verse 18:18, we see that Jesus does not match Moses at all. Moses was a commander of his followers. Jesus never commanded any one. Moses had brought a law for the people. Jesus never brought any new law. But his followers rather got rid of the law of Moses, calling it a curse.

This last point is very serious against Jesus, i.e. doing away with the law of Moses. Then how could Jesus be the like of Moses a.s.??? Cannot be.

There are many other flaws. I would like to read (see)  any one verse from the Bible NT, from the four gospels stating that Jesus was the like of Moses. I hope none can be shown. But I can clearly show a verse of the Quran which states that "Allah has sent to you (O people) the prophet exactly as he sent a prophet to Pharoah...".

Then if you take into account the status of Moses a.s. and Jesus a.s. they do not match. Moses was a prophet only. Jesus was not a prophet only. He was a god too. Moses was sinful (as per church theory). Jesus was not sinful. Moses was successful. Jesus was not successful in his native land. Moses overcame his enemies. Jesus did not.

Please just do not go to the words brethren only. See the other things too.  Jesus never said anything in the name of the Lord. But every (except one) chapter of the Quran opens with the words " In the name of Allah, the Beneficient, the Merciful".

Also, please see verses 19 and 20. It says that if any one will not listen and obey THAT PROPHET, then I shall take account of him, meaning I shall require of him. DiD God take any account of the enemies of Jesus??? No. Jesus disappeared suddenly and so did his disciples, some of them hid themselves and suffered for 300 years.

Next is the verse 18:20. It is very clear against Jesus. God says that any prophet who will speak something that God had not commanded it to him then that propht will be killed. Now according to the christian friends Jesus died on the cross. Even though he may have suffered on the cross and died as a result of that only for one day, it means that he was killed on the cross. That is the genearl belief of the christians (Not the Muslims). Therefore he was killed on the cross. So Jesus cannot be that prophet of God as per Deut 18:20. Means that he will be a false prophet.

Edited by minuteman
buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 3:31pm
[QUOTE=jalillah]

The Lord They God....will raise Unto Thee a Prophet (pbuh) from the Midst of Thee, of They Brethren,like Unto me; Unto Him Ye shall Harken...deuteronomy 18:15

========
Admin:
Please read guidelines:
3. Use of upper case and bold (font) is not permissible for the whole of the message body, however it may be used to add emphasis to words or phrases contained within your message.
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=30

Deutoronomy 18:15 actually read:

15"(A)The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him.

Now lets see this in context: adding verse 16

15"(B)The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him.

16"This is (C)according to all that you asked of the LORD your God in Horeb on the day of the assembly, saying, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, let me not see this great fire anymore, or I will die.'

This is what I was discussing with Andalus- When Moses gave them the commandments (or as Jews call them statutes) they couldn't bare to hear the voice of God so they asked God to send them a prophet to speak to them instead... 
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 7:37pm

The commandments can be considered law.  Jesus brought this one:

John 13

34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 7:42pm

What Jesus said of the law.

Matthew 5

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
B.H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2008 at 9:50pm

I would not use this verse from Deuteronomy to prove anything---for Muhammed, or Jesus, or any one person.  there are some manuscripts where instead of using the term raise up a prophet" it has raise up prophets" in the plural.

Even if the original was "a prophet"  it does not say just which one.

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 3:51pm
Posted: 04 July 2007 at 5:29am | IP Logged Report Post Quote minuteman

minuteman- Jesus rules over the kingdom of GOD.

Jesus fulfilled the law, He did not abolish it.

How do you know the enemies of Jesus are not rotting in hell?

yes the Jews did believe that Jesus was blaspheming against GOD.  That is why the Jews crucified Him.

John 3
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 3:05pm

Hi,

I would like to push this topic further as I see I have a few things to mention here.

Katherine writes:
"Yes, Deut 18 is referring to the Messiah, eventually.  A Jew would tell you that Deut. 18 speaks of all prophets who came after Moses, and that these prophets were Jewish and they would tell you that it couldn't possibly be Muhammad who was not a Jew."
Among those who claim to Worship One God, have these three names:
1- Jew is a term we now use for those who:
a)- rejected Jesus (pbuh), but accept previous prophets.
b) rejected Mohammed (pbuh)

2- Christian is term we use now for those who
a)- accepted Jesus
b)- rejected Mohammed (pbuh) 

3- Muslim is a term we use for those who
a)- accept Jesus (pbuh), and all the previous prophets sent by God.
b)- accepted Mohammed (pbuh)

In essence all three profess believe in the same God, same belief. And thus claim to be 'true believers'. Jew, Christian, and Mulsim are just terms used along above mentioned lines.

Thus all the "Jewish" prophets including Jesus, submitted to the will of God and thus are "Muslims" technically speaking.

The Quran attests to that:
42:13 The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than God, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them.

Another verse:
3:67 Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to God (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with God.
As far as the matter who is meant in Deut 18, " like onto Moses".

Let me ask my Christian friends here this, was Moses God in human flesh as you claim Jesus was? If your asnwer is no, then it cannot be Jesus (they were not alike, one God in flesh, according to your belief, the other just a human) who you say was God in human flesh, while prophet Mohammed was a 100% human like Moses.
In 1 John 4 Jesus is quoted to have said, that if a prophet acknowledges that he (Jesus) is the Christ, is from God.
1 John 4 "....Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God."

And we know that the Quran confirms that Jesus Christ(pbuh) was sent by God and Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) taught that acknowledgement to his followers.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 14 May 2008 at 3:30pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic