IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Music a gift from God?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Music a gift from God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smanzoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Music a gift from God?
    Posted: 30 May 2006 at 1:49am
Please read this article and any comments?
Best Regards
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_
To prosper, promote your Muslim community
Clear Vision Pakistan
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_
BlueSun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueSun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 2:36am
No !
Khalid ibn Waleed - The Sword of Allah - Greatest General of all time !!!
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 4:45am

Sign of the Hour: Excessive Use of Musical Instruments

Siddheeque M. A. Veliankode

Adapted from Doomsday: Portents and Prophecies

� 1998 Dar al Khuzaimah

One of the common signs of approach of the Hour, which has spread all over the world, is the excessive use of musical instruments. Unfortunately, most of the Muslims consider the musical entertainment to be a legal practice. The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, had forewarned against such use of musical instruments and warned such entertainers from being transformed into monkeys and pigs. Extensive false accusations of unchastity, slander, and earth's settling and sinking down, as well as transformation of people into monkeys and pigs) would appear.

In an authentic hadith narrated by Ibn Majah, the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said:

Sahl ibn Sa`d reported that Allah's Messenger, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said, what means: "At the end of the world, the earth will settle, there will be false accusations of unchastity, slander and transformation of people into monkey and pigs." It was asked, "When, O Messenger of Allah?" He said: "When the musical entertainment and signers appear."

In another report related by Al-Bukhari, the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said:

Narrated Abu `Amir or Abu Malik al-Ash`ari that he heard the Prophet saying: "From among my Ummah, there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, wearing of the silk, drinking of alcoholic drinks and use of musical instruments as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening the (poor) shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something (to fulfill his needs), but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs, and they will remain so until the day of Resurrection."

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:52am

yes, except heavy metal

I love my music and it is my therapy.

Music is a universal language.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:12am

My own opinion is that we are to "make a joyful noise unto the Lord".  What constitutes a joyful noise to the Lord?  Certainly not, in my humble opinion, songs which contain obscene, vulgar, and profane language, or which are intended to be sexually exciting.  I am probably just an old "stick in the mud", but I love beautiful music.  I very much enjoy songs of praise to our God, and I also love classical music, such as Mozart, Schubert, Pachebel, Beethoven, etc.  This music is very peaceful and relaxing.  It is calming. 

I believe as we mature, our tastes change and mature as well.  Common sense tells us that God would not be pleased with much of the current musical trends today, but he may be greatly pleased to hear Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.  (Just my opinion, as I've said, I'm much older than most of you.)

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:32am
Common Sense tells us, if music is a truly a sin why does God make us so talented at creating it?
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:36am

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Common Sense tells us, if music is a truly a sin why does God make us so talented at creating it?

who said that Allah gave us talent for creating music?

Allah gave us talent to use it in the right place, to use it in understanding the Creator (Allah), His power and might and worshipping Him(alone).

but unfortunately, mankind is using his talent in the wrong places, for example, creating music, which is one of the signs of the hour which i have posted above.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:39am

Who says God God gave us talent for music?

By the fact that God is the artisan of the human body....By the fact that he created eveything, every element, every mineral on earth every class of metal. With that said our brains function in accordance to the environement so I think this allows us to develope talents. such as Jazz artist who can make music out of tin or other musicians who make music out of wood sticks etc.. How do we know those Hadiths are accurate? Funny, nahseeds are a form of music (when one listens to it closely) as well as one commencing in the Athan.

Edited by Israfil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic