IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Attacked in my sleep- Terrified.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAttacked in my sleep- Terrified.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:52am

Wow the discussion of the Qur'an and Science defies what is being talked here....Oh well I might as well commence in this! I disagree with the following statement:

>>>Science is used today to disprove the Qur'an, yet all it manages to acheive is to approve it. Take the example of Iron, if I were you I would read on this matter, and read what it says in the Qur'an.<<<<

A common error that my brethren make here is saying "Science tries to disprove Qur'an" first off science itself is abstract, inanimate and a non-living thing but a word. Now if you were to say "scientist" then that is another story. First off scientist don't try to disporve anything. They are the first ones to say that God cannot be proved or disproved. However there are some scientist both believers and non-believers that have their own personal beliefs about science itself. Scientist live by a universal rule: Empiricism. But that doesn't mean that empiricism is used to prove or disprove God its a way of finding truth. 

Edited by Israfil
3_sets_of_twins View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:58pm

Wow.

I never expected this to turn into such a debate. But Mashallah hamdulillah I am very happy with the responses. Iv'e never really known anyone I could talk about this to.

I'm not the smartest person out there, trust me, so I'll just stick with facts:

*When dear sister angel acknowledged the problem, it went away for her hamdillilah. It did not go away for me though.

*It however DID go away when I started reciting the Quran. But again this is ME PERSONALLY.

*I do feel this unexplainable feeling of 'evil' (as cheesy as it sounds) or 'something/one there' while this happens.

*The quran does say (forgive me for not knowing the Aya) that from everything in the universe there is for us to discover, we will only ever discover a "little" of it. I heard that scholars estimated "a little" to be around 10%-forgive me if I am wrong.

I'm not rejecting the sleep pyralisis idea. I think even if I had to choose one over the other to have I'd definately choose the pyralisis over the idea of a jinn being near me!! Whatever this is, It is an awful feeling and I wouldnt wish it on anyone.

Jinni or pyralis, whatever it is it's terrifying. If I go to a shaikh he'll say jinn. If I go to a doctor he'll say pyralisis. Allahu aalam. For now however, with my constant recital of quran before falling asleep, and the aya kursi that was so graciously given to me by sun, I have not experienced this thing for some time now Alhamdulillah.

Thank you to all the people who replied to my post. It made me very happy and grateful. It's enough to just know there are other people this happens to.

To the poster who posted about the back scratching--OH GOD I would be utterly terrified. But I feel whatever that was that happened to you is very similar to my experieces.

Innah lillah, salam alaikom, and allah bless.

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

so we as muslims have been ordered by Allah to believe in what Allah has revealed in the Qur'an. if we don't believe then we are not muslims.

Yes Salman, But did Allah reveal everything ? Is there something saying that computers will be invented? or the internet?

Allah has revealed what is good for mankind, and to bring mankind out of depth of darkness into light and for that he sent many prophets (peace be on all of them) and then finally Allah sent the last prophet, that is, Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and revealed to him the Qur'an.

Allah is the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen. Allah is the All-Knower of all the things. Allah knows best what to reveal and what not to reveal.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 11:57pm

so we as muslims have been ordered by Allah to believe in what Allah has revealed in the Qur'an. if we don't believe then we are not muslims.

Yes Salman, But�did Allah�reveal everything ? Is there something saying that computers will be invented? or the internet?

Allah has revealed what is good for mankind, and to bring mankind out of depth of darkness into light and for that he sent many prophets (peace be on all of them) and then finally Allah sent the last prophet, that is, Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and revealed to him the Qur'an.

Allah is the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen. Allah is the All-Knower of all the things. Allah knows best what to reveal and what not to reveal.

So Computer is bad for mankind?
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 12:05am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Yes Salman, But did Allah reveal everything ? Is there something saying that computers will be invented? or the internet?

So Computer is bad for mankind?

i don't know. Allah knows best

Allah has revealed what is good for mankind

i should say Allah has revealed what is best for mankind.

hope this solves the issue

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 3:24am

Israfil and 3, I like your posts.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
BlueSun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 3:51am

Salaam everyone,

Looks like this discussion has drawn to a close, the questioner seems content with the answers she got, all bet somewhat vague in nature, and open to discussion.

I only have one thing to add

Angel wrote

�Little is known about the physiology of sleep paralysis. However, some have suggested that it may be linked to post-synaptic inhibition of motor neurons in the pons region of the brain. In particular, low levels of melatonin may stop the depolarization current in the nerves, which prevents the stimulation of the muscles.�

There is no definitive answer provided, only theories, and the quote above is only a possible chain of events not the cause, the cause lays somewhat deeper in mystery hence very difficult to explain, similar to schizophrenia.

Jazak-Allah Khare

Next topic - Quran, Science and Modern beliefs ?? how about it Angel ?

Khalid ibn Waleed - The Sword of Allah - Greatest General of all time !!!
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by BlueSun BlueSun wrote:

Next topic - Quran, Science and Modern beliefs ?? how about it Angel ?

Sorry at the moment I can't, got to slow down and concentrate on other things

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic