IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question for all  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A question for all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question for all
    Posted: 29 May 2006 at 12:46am

Why was our Holy Book given the name Qur'aan or was called Qur'aan?

There is a very nice reason for doing so. Please come up with as many good reasons as you can think of , in your own words.

Please do not provide any links, just own thoughts or observations.

BR & Salaams

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 2:23am

The meaning of word "Qur'an" means a book reading by,please take care that reading by repeatly,not being read...the essential name of Qur'an also includes great advice,it says read do not save or forget???...

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 2:45am

doesn't the qur'an the mean recite ?

I forgotten

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 3:45am

Assalamu Alaikum:

Quran means Recitation.

The Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) was ordered by Allah(SWT) to be patient when receiving the Quran. To be patient and Allah(SWT) would send the Message to him when He was ready, and make the meaning clear, to the Prophet Mohammed, and us.

So, I would say that we are to recite until the message is clear in our hearts and our heads.

I'm really tired so I hope this makes sense....

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum:

Quran means Recitation.

was on the right track  

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum:

Quran means Recitation.

was on the right track  

I think, let's wait and see what the teacher thinks....

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:22pm

"I think, let's wait and see what the teacher thinks...."

I need more thoughts please before I present my answer, which all of you will find very interesting and totally unheard of, before.  I found that answer after my 120th detailed reading/study of the Glorious Qur'aan-ul-Hakeem, the Qur'aan full of wisdom and I would love to share with all of you.

All of you should then spread my word, to your beloved neighbours, kin, clansmen/clanswomen and town and village folks.

Salaam Aalikum

BMZ

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

totally unheard of, before.  

unheard of, mmm...I guess that takes away the recite/recitation away then

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic