IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Christians are  degrading Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christians are degrading Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:01am

I still find this highly amusing.  If one of us uses Answering Islam, our post is deleted for its biased nature, yet Answering Christianity is allowed?????  If one is banned, both should be. 

Also AbRah, you cannot refute and arguement simply by saying a sight is anti islamic.  Of course if a source is refuting a claim made in Islam, then its not going to be a "Pro Islamic" site.  Simply stating its anti doesn't make it wrong or right.....instead please provide a proper counter arguement.....but do it in your own words.  All I see you do is cutting and pasting other peoples arguements, meanwhile, Mishmish, Fredi, George, BMZ and the other formulate their posts personally and with their sources clearly researched.  You ignore any arguement that proves you wrong and continue to degrade Christian beliefs, using words like Silly, stupid, lie.....

If the Christians here did that to you they would be banned. 

Mishmish,

I know you are watching these posts.  I am formally complaining about the language and tone used by AbRah2006 in his arguements against Christianity.  BMZ and yourself are excellent examples of how to have a respectful interfaith debate, but I cannot continue to sit here and have the Apostles and Disciples called liars even if that is what Islam believes.  I try to be very respectful of those things I don't believe about Islam, please remind AbRah of Islamic Adab and the proper respect of all faiths here.

AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

I still find this highly amusing.  If one of us uses Answering Islam, our post is deleted for its biased nature, yet Answering Christianity is allowed?????  If one is banned, both should be. 

Also AbRah, you cannot refute and arguement simply by saying a sight is anti islamic.  Of course if a source is refuting a claim made in Islam, then its not going to be a "Pro Islamic" site.  Simply stating its anti doesn't make it wrong or right.....instead please provide a proper counter arguement.....but do it in your own words.  All I see you do is cutting and pasting other peoples arguements, meanwhile, Mishmish, Fredi, George, BMZ and the other formulate their posts personally and with their sources clearly researched.  You ignore any arguement that proves you wrong and continue to degrade Christian beliefs, using words like Silly, stupid, lie.....

If the Christians here did that to you they would be banned. 

Mishmish,

I know you are watching these posts.  I am formally complaining about the language and tone used by AbRah2006 in his arguements against Christianity.  BMZ and yourself are excellent examples of how to have a respectful interfaith debate, but I cannot continue to sit here and have the Apostles and Disciples called liars even if that is what Islam believes.  I try to be very respectful of those things I don't believe about Islam, please remind AbRah of Islamic Adab and the proper respect of all faiths here.

Hey Angela you are very biased! You never question Fredi, AnnieTwo etc whenever they say something that may harm the reputation of Islam. Where are you when they do that? Can't you read what they have been saying? Where are your objectivity? WHERE? NOWHERE!

It is just like the cartoons that are published by the Christians to slander and insult the prophet Muhammad. It is an irony the same Christians will not publish the cartoons of Jesus to slander jesus nor touch the sensitive HOLOCAUST! 

All researches are based on previous researches unless you do a new one! Quoting statements of other sources is not wrong for we are doing it in the universities!

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:18am

Why don't I refute them?????  I have on several occasions, when they go out of line.  I have pointed out to them on several occasions.  But only if they say something I disagree with or have proof of a different source.  I'm Christian, I'm not going to take your use of the Quran as the end all, be all in any arguement.

Also, I'm not a Mainstream Christian, so I'm not always able to really enter some of the contentions since my Church teaches different doctrines unrelated to the arguement. 

And, as for quoting statements from other sources, there is a fine line between thought and plagarism......you don't add any of your own ideas, you just use everyone elses.  This is what we called a drone in my school.  Or regurgitation......one swallows the work of others without exploring it and then throws it up whenever they need it.  A true scholar learns the previous work and then researches it for himself.  Otherwise we'd still think the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth.

fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:26am
angela - answering-christianity has been banned, yet abrah has now posted it twice without rebuke!!
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:28am

I know Fredi...I know.....but what can we do?  Just complain.  They banned the Anti Mormon sites that were being used against me.  Frankly, no site should be used if its sole purpose is to spread misinformation about any religion.  Islam, Christianity or otherwise. 

I've been trying to find reliable dialogue sites, its very hard on any front.

AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Why don't I refute them?????  I have on several occasions, when they go out of line.  I have pointed out to them on several occasions.  But only if they say something I disagree with or have proof of a different source.  I'm Christian, I'm not going to take your use of the Quran as the end all, be all in any arguement.

Also, I'm not a Mainstream Christian, so I'm not always able to really enter some of the contentions since my Church teaches different doctrines unrelated to the arguement. 

And, as for quoting statements from other sources, there is a fine line between thought and plagarism......you don't add any of your own ideas, you just use everyone elses.  This is what we called a drone in my school.  Or regurgitation......one swallows the work of others without exploring it and then throws it up whenever they need it.  A true scholar learns the previous work and then researches it for himself.  Otherwise we'd still think the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth.

Then why the so-called professors of the universities quote so many sources in their books? Are they the drones too?  Is that what you call plagarism? We have to quote other resources to support our researches unless we do a new research! I think you also quote so many sources to support your points! I am not a drone and you are pre-judging me by accusing me of plagarism....Have you done a complete research to prove that you are right? What are your sources?

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:36am
Originally posted by AbRah2006 AbRah2006 wrote:

Originally posted by fredifreeloader fredifreeloader wrote:

I have been following you AnnieTwo  since you first came here and I find that it is you who like to slander  Islam by making false allegations against Islam...You and Fred behave the same way. Can you please name your sources that you quote to degrade Islam? I want to know the anti-Islam websites that you quote to degrade Quran.
abrah - i named sources and gave quotations  on the other thread - they were from the books of shariah law - for which of course you have no answer, as they were written by muslim scholars, not like you.  i also posted the pact of the "righteous caliph" umar, to which you have also no answer

Are you out of your mind? no you are the one who has lost the script completely - the quotations i gave on the other thread (no compulsion) were from shariah law -(prove otherwise if you can)  that is what i have based my questions on  - The books of Shariah Law will not slander Quran, Allah ans His messnger! I dare you to name your the rabid anti-Islam Christian websites that you had quoted to slander Islam! Why do you condone them? look abrah, when i read you, i see a rabid anti-christianity muslim, who frequents anti-christian websites (unless of course youve produced all that stuff yourself) - answer my questions on the other thread or stay out of it

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:40am

Moderators:

Abrah said:

In Islam Jesus is a great prophet of Allah and he is neither God nor the son of God but your Bible slanders him by making contradictory statements against Jesus so Jesus is a hypocrite according to your Bible. Since you Christians claim that Jesus is the Word of God , contradictory statements of the Bible reflect Jesus as the Word of God.

Abrah is slandering the Christian religion.  How can you let him call Jesus a hypocrite and let him say that the Holy Bible slanders him?

Peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic