IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Christians are  degrading Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christians are degrading Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:26am
Originally posted by George George wrote:

And Muslims degrade Christianity and misrepresent it.

how?

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:30am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

how?

This is a very good question.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 2:12am

Assalaamu Alaikum wa ramatullah wa barakatuh:

One of my favorite replies to post subjects like these is to invite people to read or re-read the last sermon of the Prophet(pbuh) at: http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/lastserm.HTM

Excerpt below:

"People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn 'Abd'al Muttalib (Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived..."

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

"Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone."

And favorite suras:

3:64 Say: "O followers of earlier revelation! Come unto that tenet which we and you hold in common: <>Asad(3,49) truetruetrue[49] that we shall worship none but God, and that we shall not ascribe divinity to aught beside Him, and that we shall not take human beings for our lords beside God." <>Asad(3,50) truetruetrue[50] And if they turn away, then say: "Bear witness that it is we who have surrendered ourselves unto Him."

3:78 And, behold, there are indeed some among them who distort the Bible with their tongues, so as to make you think that [what they say] is from the Bible, the while it is not from the Bible; and who say, "This is from God," the while it is not from God: and thus do they tell a lie about God, being well aware [that it is a lie]. <>Asad(3,60) truetruetrue[60]

3:118 O YOU who have attained to faith! Do not take for your bosom-friends people who are not of your kind. <>Asad(3,87) true[87] They spare no effort to corrupt you; they would love to see you in distress. <>Asad(3,88) true[88] Vehement hatred has already come into the open from out of their mouths, but what their hearts conceal is yet worse. We have indeed made the signs [thereof] clear unto you, if you would but use your reason.

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 4:03am

Maryah....

Assalamulikum to you ...May Allah rewards you and your famliy for your good deeds ....I like reading your statements for they are good.

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 4:14am

assalamualaikum sister maryah

you should not say that these are my favourite surahs ....

each surah of the Qur'an has its own importance.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:56am
Sister Maryah,

Jazakallahkhairan for reminding us about the last sermon of the Prophet(saw). I love it myself! Reminds me again how noble he was and his teachings were nothing but Divine inspiration.

Alhamdulillah.

Brother Salman,
Yes, each surah of the Quran is beautiful (and important), and we should read all of them and practice upon them as well. But its ok if there is any surah or ayah that is your favourite. Some things just touch your heart more than others.

Wassalaam!

Edited by amah
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 8:36am
Originally posted by AbRah2006 AbRah2006 wrote:

We should all respect each other's choice of religion.

Peace

My response: It is an irony for Geroge to claim wildly by saying that Muslims degrade Christianity and misrepresent it. I have been surfing the internet and reading articles about Islam and Christianity etc for years and what do I find? I find that it is the Christian media that degrade and misrepresent Islam.  Do you want to know names of the Christian websites that insult and slander Islam? Why do you condone the Christian leaders and media that insult, degrade and slander Islam in the media?

My advice for you George please be fair to yourself!

AbRah,

You are a perfect example of a Muslim who degrades Christianity and Christians.  Anyone reading your posts could see that.  Using Osama Abdullah's sites is a good example.  I just read your post where you call Jesus a hypocrite.

Peace

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

how?

This is a very good question.

You can google stuff on the Internet and you can read AbRah's posts.

Peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic