IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Christians are  degrading Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christians are degrading Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 5:32pm

George,

That is okay. I did understand you.

By the way, what do you think of my suggestion to Annie, in my post at 6:10 am of 4th June 2006, regarding some proposed new words to replace the term "Begoteen"? 

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:53am

AbRah and others,

Originally posted by AbRah AbRah wrote:

In order to restore my reputation, I offer the following explanation for my conclusion of what AbRah was implying in his statement in green above.

Please follow the dots:

1.  AbRah says that God has no sons. Jesus is not the son of God for God has no sons!

Then he followed up with:

2. Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace and bless upon them) said that God was ONE and ONLY so God has no sons and there are no other gods beside Him!

Since Christians believe that Jesus is God's son in the figurative sense and not in a biological sense, and they also believe that there is only one God, then what is AbRah trying to say?

Thanks.  Sorry if I was too flip with my comment.  I think you can see how I drew my conclusion.

George

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 7:33am

You are welcome AbRah. Wa Alaikum Assalaam and I have clarified that.

Most of our dear Christian friends sometimes want to find the word "Begotten" in Qur'aan, they look for it and ask for it. It is the translation of a Greek word and no one knows what was the exact word or it's equivalent in Hebrew or Aramaic.

God Amighty in Qur'aan denies that God has taken a son. There are no ifs and buts in Qur'aan about this. The message is that God has no son and does not need one. period.

To keep the issue and the matter clear, God Almighty calls Jesus by the name "Son of Mary" which is more factual.

It is not really necessary for Qur'aan to ask,"Has God begotten a son?" Qur'aan simply asks,"Has God got a son or Has God taken a Son?" The answer is Nay!

AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 6:38am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

AbRah,

From you: "AnnieTwo.....What do you mean by your claim above? Please show me my own comment! Please don't say anything that u have no proofs to show! I am waiting for your proofs!"

It is no accusation, AbRah. George and Annie were talking about their general observations about Muslims. I have just clarifed that to Annie how offending is that word "Begotten" used only and exclusively by the Christians, themselves.

BR & Salaam Alaikum

BMZ

Assalamulikum to you dear BMZ.....May Allah rewards you and your family for your good deeds.......Ameen..........Thank you very much for the explanation. I appreciate it very much.

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 6:22am

AbRah,

From you: "AnnieTwo.....What do you mean by your claim above? Please show me my own comment! Please don't say anything that u have no proofs to show! I am waiting for your proofs!"

It is no accusation, AbRah. George and Annie were talking about their general observations about Muslims. I have just clarifed that to Annie how offending is that word "Begotten" used only and exclusively by the Christians, themselves.

BR & Salaam Alaikum

BMZ

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 6:10am

Annie,

From you: "amah,

I have run into the same thing with Muslims that George apparently has.  I don't know where it comes from."

Annie, it comes from discussions. It comes when Muslims query on the use of the word "Begotten", which is the past participle of Beget, which in the English language means to procreate, which the Christians cannot explain well themselves. Couldn't there be any better word than that?

There is another meaning of the word Beget and that is "give rise to" or "cause". Would you consider these better than using "begotten"?

Now, I am not suggesting that God procreated Jesus himself. That is the meaning of the word chosen by Christians. Muslims resent that word "Begotten" in English and write to object.

So, if I say that God gave rise to Jesus in his virgin mother's womb or God caused Jesus to be born, would you be willing to throw away and discard the word "Begotten"?

Edited by bmzsp
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 5:59am
Originally posted by AnnieTwo AnnieTwo wrote:

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Originally posted by George George wrote:

Patty, unfortunately, there are many Muslims who believe that Jesus was the biological son of Allah and Mary and they base it on verses in the Qur'an.  I run into it all of the time.  I saw some of it on this board in some discussion previous to my participation here.

AbRah's comment that God didn't have sons--there is only one God--made me consider that he was one of them.  Otherwise, why follow with there is only one God?

George , there is no muslim who believes that Jesus is the son of God. And this is the last time you have used such derogatory remarks: "That God had sex with Mary and out popped a little god named Jesus?" Whether jokingly or in seriousness. This is a warning! You are free to believe what you want but you will NOT be allowed to make nonsense interpretations of the Quran. 
Peace.

amah,

I have run into the same thing with Muslims that George apparently has.  I don't know where it comes from.  I read AbRah's post about his comment and I thought the same thing George did.  I wonder what AbRah meant?

Annie

AnnieTwo.....What do you mean by your claim above? Please show me my own comment! Please don't say anything that u have no proofs to show! I am waiting for your proofs!

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 5:46am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Originally posted by George George wrote:

Patty, unfortunately, there are many Muslims who believe that Jesus was the biological son of Allah and Mary and they base it on verses in the Qur'an.  I run into it all of the time.  I saw some of it on this board in some discussion previous to my participation here.

AbRah's comment that God didn't have sons--there is only one God--made me consider that he was one of them.  Otherwise, why follow with there is only one God?

George , there is no muslim who believes that Jesus is the son of God. And this is the last time you have used such derogatory remarks: "That God had sex with Mary and out popped a little god named Jesus?" Whether jokingly or in seriousness. This is a warning! You are free to believe what you want but you will NOT be allowed to make nonsense interpretations of the Quran. 
Peace.

amah,

I have run into the same thing with Muslims that George apparently has.  I don't know where it comes from.  I read AbRah's post about his comment and I thought the same thing George did.  I wonder what AbRah meant?

Annie
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic