IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Trinity is a Pagan Doctrine.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Trinity is a Pagan Doctrine.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 6:29am

Annie,

"It depends on what you mean by "Trinity."" Have it your way.

OK, please define what Trinity means to you, in your own simple words, without quoting anyone. Thanks

AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 6:50am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Annie,

"It depends on what you mean by "Trinity."" Have it your way.

OK, please define what Trinity means to you, in your own simple words, without quoting anyone. Thanks

"Trinity" to me means that God interacts with us through the Father and through the incarnate Word and through his Spirit.

It really is very simple.

Annie
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:04am

AnnieTwo's statement: "Trinity" to me means that God interacts with us through the Father and through the incarnate Word and through his Spirit.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----

My response: Let us compare AnnieTwo's statement above with Paul's statement: 

In 1st Timothy, 2:5, Paul writes: �For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.�

AnnieTwo's statement: "Trinity" to me means that God interacts with us through the Father and through the incarnate Word and through his Spirit.

Clearly one of these people or both AnnieTwo and Paul are wrong , either way, it�s a contradiction.

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:17am
AnnieTwo

Not all scholars and historians of religions believe that the following elements have been borrowed by Christianism from paganism, but it is at the moment my opinion:

- the incarnation of God in a human being
- the death and resurrection of God
- the virgin birth
- the symbolic eating and drinking of God's blood and flesh
I do not list the Trinity as it is more a consequence of the first point than a complete borrowing.

Two more remarks: Jews, Christians and pagans lived side by side in Palestine at the time of the Roman occupation.
The Jews could perfectly well distinguish between what was biblical and what was from paganism. That is why most of them did not accept Christianism.

AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:22am
Originally posted by AbRah2006 AbRah2006 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------ -----

My response: Let us compare AnnieTwo's statement above with Paul's statement: 

In 1st Timothy, 2:5, Paul writes: �For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.�

Clearly one of these people or both AnnieTwo and Paul are wrong , either way, it�s a contradiction.

There is no contradiction between me and Paul.

Annie
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

AnnieTwo

Not all scholars and historians of religions believe that the following elements have been borrowed by Christianism from paganism, but it is at the moment my opinion:

- the incarnation of God in a human being
- the death and resurrection of God
- the virgin birth
- the symbolic eating and drinking of God's blood and flesh
I do not list the Trinity as it is more a consequence of the first point than a complete borrowing.

Two more remarks: Jews, Christians and pagans lived side by side in Palestine at the time of the Roman occupation.
The Jews could perfectly well distinguish between what was biblical and what was from paganism. That is why most of them did not accept Christianism.

Have you ever since a comparison such as this one?

http://www.carm.org/evidence/ot_nt_themes.htm

Annie
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:32am
Annie

I am sorry but I discuss only "man to man (or woman)" not with a link.

Edited by Cyril
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:43am

From Cyril,

"Two more remarks: Jews, Christians and pagans lived side by side in Palestine at the time of the Roman occupation.
The Jews could perfectly well distinguish between what was biblical and what was from paganism. That is why most of them did not accept Christianism."

Well said.

They also happened to know their Holy Scriptures well too.

BMZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic