IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anti-Christ (Dajjal) in Judeo-Christianit  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anti-Christ (Dajjal) in Judeo-Christianit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 7:01pm

asalamu alikum,

i am not sure whether the concept of 'dajjal' (i.e. antichrist) is meant to be taken literally.

muhammad asad for instance gave a very interesting and rather convincing interpretation of the 'dajjal' [meaning "the deceptive one, the glittering"] as 'western materialism' and modern technological civilzation...taking it to be God.

one example: muhammad (pbuh) said that the 'dajjal' would be 'one-eyed' (blind on his left eye): looks only on one side of life-material progress- and is 'blind to' the spritual side.

sorry, i gotta go now, but would be happy to discuss further if anyone is interested....

salam

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 5:19pm

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Please don't hold up Pat Robertson as a fount of Christian knowledge. It
makes the rest of us Christians a bit queasy .

DavidC

That's funny! When he attended ADL meeting after quoting his Bible - he said - I appologize to all Jews for making those stupid remarks. I should have know better - ADL hailed him as a great Christian scholar.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 10:15am
Please don't hold up Pat Robertson as a fount of Christian knowledge. It
makes the rest of us Christians a bit queasy .

DavidC
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 5:14am

Several prophecies in the Bible point to the fact that the tribe of Dan will produce the Antichrist.  In the context of these prophecies - To suggest that the Antichrist will be a Jew (as confirmed by Rev. Pat Robertson in 2002) is likely to incur accusations of "anti-Semitism" from those who would like to conceal this fact. However, the truth stands out in this study.

http://www.watch.pair.com/dan.html

Islamic view is not totally identical � but has several similarities.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic