IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is my Name a good Islamic Name?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is my Name a good Islamic Name?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is my Name a good Islamic Name?
    Posted: 25 May 2006 at 10:33am

Salaams,

Looking for everyone's opinions please.

Yes? No? Maybe? Not sure? Why do you think either way?....etc. Want to know what you all think. 

Name:Suzanne Renee

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 10:37am
You're name Suzanne means Lily....that is not a problem with Islamic names.  Renee means Reborn.....again, shouldn't be a problem.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 11:04am
Suzanne is Suzan in Turkish,islamic....
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 9:21pm

Salaams,

Thanks you two for the input.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:30pm

Bismillah,

Your name is a beautiful Islaamic name, Sister Suzanne. (Ma'shahAllah!)

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Suzanne Suzanne wrote:

Salaams,

Looking for everyone's opinions please.

Yes? No? Maybe? Not sure? Why do you think either way?....etc. Want to know what you all think. 

Name:Suzanne Renee

are you a revert to islam, i mean have you converted to islam? was your name suzanne before you were a muslim?  just want to know....

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 1:47am

Your name has a nice meaning.  It's a good name sis.  The sahabi didn't have to change their names when they converted unless the name had a bad meaning. 

By the way, my Chinese nickname means Lily.

Salaam

Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 6:47am

Salamms,

Salam, yes I did convert; and yes Suzanne was my name before. I new that it meant lily but I did not know if it was good for an Islamic name.

Abeer,

My Mom told me that out of her children my Name was the only one she had to think about. She liked Catalillys (Flower) this is why she choose Suzanne because Suzanne means Lily (Flower) Mashallah

Thanks for the feedback all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic