IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - They say that Allah hath begotten a son  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They say that Allah hath begotten a son

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They say that Allah hath begotten a son
    Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:40am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Personally I find God claiming Jesus as his son more convincing than Jesus making the same claim himself.

Mark 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in the Jordan.
Mark 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens rent asunder, and the Spirit as a dove descending upon him:
Mark 1:11 And a voice came out of the heavens, Thou art my beloved Son, in thee I am well pleased.

They are both important.  God recognized Jesus as His son and Jesus is turn acknowledged that He was God's son.

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:37am

BMZ,

Ibn means son.  Why did you use the word walad in your translation?

Also, I had one other Arabic speaking person tell me that walad means child.

I think your ship is sinking.

Edited by George
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 10:02am

Ibna means son of (s/o)

Examples: Jesus s/o Mary or Jesus Ibna Maryam. Now, HIs name in Arabic is Isa that can also be spelled as Esa or Eesa or Iesa or Essa. Iesa is close to Ieasus.

Esa Ibna Maryam and when read in Arabic, it is Esabna Maryam.

Edited by bmzsp
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 9:49am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Please ask that person to come and discuss here. Is he Dr. Mark Gabriel? If he is, then just ignore him and listen to me.

It shows that person does not know Arabic.

As far as Allah is concerned, Allah has got NO type of son at all. Allah denies having taken any son.

Thus, in Islam there is NO son of God at all. Period

What does ibna mean?

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 9:29am
Personally I find God claiming Jesus as his son more convincing than Jesus making the same claim himself.

Mark 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in the Jordan.
Mark 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens rent asunder, and the Spirit as a dove descending upon him:
Mark 1:11 And a voice came out of the heavens, Thou art my beloved Son, in thee I am well pleased.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 7:48am

Please ask that person to come and discuss here. Is he Dr. Mark Gabriel? If he is, then just ignore him and listen to me.

It shows that person does not know Arabic.

As far as Allah is concerned, Allah has got NO type of son at all. Allah denies having taken any son.

Thus, in Islam there is NO son of God at all. Period

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 6:43am

BMZ,

You said:  You will now realise that the Arabic word Takhazaa means has taken. The son is walad.

Not so, Walad means child, not son.  Allah is still talking about biological children.

I had this verified by another person who knows the Arabic language.

George

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 11:01am

George,

You have not proven anything yet.  We haven't finished discussions yet. But if that pleases you, I will leave it at that.

Best Regards & my best to you, your family and your dear brother too. Hope he is coming along fine.

BMZ 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic