IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 50,000 Errors in the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50,000 Errors in the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 50,000 Errors in the Bible
    Posted: 19 May 2006 at 4:45am
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 6:18am

I couldn't open the link, Salman.  Are you still able to open it?

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 6:35am

if you are not able to open the link, then go to the main website www.jamaat.net and the you may search the site by typing 50,000 Errors in the Bible

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 7:12am
Thanks.
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 8:50am
This is a very poor source, Salman.  AWAKE is a tract published by a sect/cult called Jehovah's Witnesses.  It is manipulative propaganda and not scholarship.

If you want to discuss discrepancies in biblical manuscripts and translations that is certainly a valid topic in most Christian semniaries around the world.  A good accessible place to start is the book, "Don't Know Much About the Bible", by Kenneth C. Davis.  More advanced scholars will prefer the works of Dr. Bart D. Ehrman, chair of Religious Studies at UNC,  who has made a life long study of this topic. 

Christian scholars have not hidden this knowledge, in fact, we are the ones who have researched and published it.  I'm sure you will agree that reading genuine scholarship on the subject is preferable to reading pulp tracts.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 9:59am

The Watchtower Society, which publishes Awake magazine, is viewed as a cultic system by Orthodox Christians.  They deny many central doctrines of the Christian faith, including the deity of Christ, the omnipresence of God, salvation by grace through faith alone, and also teach that only 144,000 "anointed" believers will ever go to heaven.  All the rest, known as Jonadabs, will have to live on a purified, regenerated earth and serve the anoninted ones.  Jesus is viewed as the Archangel Michael who took on a body, so obviously the Trinity is denied.

The Watchtower Society has its own Bible called The New World Translation, which might better be called the New World Mistranslation.  It incorporates into that book its own doctrinal views by purposely mistranslating various NT vss.

Watch your sources.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:00am
Also, the Jehovah Witness (Green Dragon) Bible has been rewritten.  I'm not sure which Bible they are using.  I had a dear friend who was JW and his bible didn't match the KJV I was given by my Methodist Church in a number of places.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:02am

Alibaba,

Have you ever heard of tact????  You really should look at David's post and your own and read into the TONE.  That's 90% of what's getting you flack here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic