IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for muslim brothers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for muslim brothers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 3:27am
You are not married to a Muslimah because you find it unfair that a man is the responsible care giver for his family, wife and children and that the wife if she makes money she is free to do with it as she wishes? Of course majority of the women are responsible intelligient human beings who think of their families as well, please don't go ahead and dish all Muslimah for that. What happened to the men who did not even think twice of objecting of this factor as they want to make sure that their wives are well economically satiated if the husbands die for whatever reason? Yes, sure in the USA it is different, but also in the USA there are a huge amount of war between the sexiests, I mean there are really no win win here..the only thing you should be thinking about is making sure that your wife and children are both economically, spiritually and emotionally complete from you and your wife.  I find your statement about not wanting to marry a muslim woman because of $$$ truelly offensive.  Just imagine the many sacrifices she will be making for you and your children, I would think this is the least thing she would deserve from this...but ones again I am sure majority of the women out there are intelligient human beings who know the value of money and family and will not think of them selfishly but there are also lots of women out there which are the reverse..it is your responsibility Israfil to seek the right woman for you and thus this whole issue you have would not even be discussed. 

Edited by foody
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 9:12am

Foody God's blessings be upon you.....

The issue here for me is not me taking care of a woman and my children, the issue here I have is economic sustainability. I choose not to struggle therefore, I seek a working woman who is also educated and understands that in America it takes two to work and work in unison with the family. I'm sorry but that is the real world. Teachers, Physicians and other friends of mine do it so I see no problem hee. Now, if I were at a financial point where I made enough to where my wife doesn't have to work fine. But I'm a cop, I make a little over $44k a year without overtime and with over time  I can make a lot more, but I wouldn't be home very much.

Even if I made $44k a year, in California that is still not enough. Some had told me to move but where? My job is here in Southern California and I need a woman to understand that. This is where the special and unique nature of a woman comes into play. Foody your comments are idealistic not realistic. I don't know if you live in California and on your own but if you did you'd understand what I'm talking about

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Let me readdress that my comment was based on economic sustainability in the United States. It's also common sense that a man cannot support his family alone by generating an income of $20,000 a year, that is what we call "the working poor." I believe that in Islam it is a man's obligation to support his family, however it is an obligation on both members to plan their expenses. Just because it doesn't say a woman isn't suppose to ue her money in the Qur'an doesn't mean she she use her money on herself. Also, sister if I may clarify that if the man doesn't have a job isn't the only reason a woman may spend her money. Again apart of marriage in my opinion is the joint effort not one-sided. Alas this reaffirms why I am not married to a Muslimah now...

Bismillah,

Brother, I respect and understand your position.  And I'm sure if you met a lovely sister who had no money that you wouldn't not marry her because of that.  It is hard to make ends meet, and you are being practical.  If you meet someone who is able to work, then you are right that you both should contribute when it is necessary.  ISA, you will find someone suitable soon.

The woman-working-only-when-it-is-necessary idea is kind of a lie.  It ends up that the woman works a lot of the time in such a scenario.  And I'm going to wow you all by actually knowing the name of a book with research to support this, "Worlds of Pain".  This book is over 25 years old, and the problem has only gotten worse because of the failing American economy.

So it is still best for us to encourage our daughters to get educated so that they can have a better job, because most likely, they will need to work, and why not have a better job with more money rather than a low paying job?

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 9:26am

Originally posted by foody foody wrote:

You are not married to a Muslimah because you find it unfair that a man is the responsible care giver for his family, wife and children and that the wife if she makes money she is free to do with it as she wishes? Of course majority of the women are responsible intelligient human beings who think of their families as well, please don't go ahead and dish all Muslimah for that. What happened to the men who did not even think twice of objecting of this factor as they want to make sure that their wives are well economically satiated if the husbands die for whatever reason? Yes, sure in the USA it is different, but also in the USA there are a huge amount of war between the sexiests, I mean there are really no win win here..the only thing you should be thinking about is making sure that your wife and children are both economically, spiritually and emotionally complete from you and your wife.  I find your statement about not wanting to marry a muslim woman because of $$$ truelly offensive.  Just imagine the many sacrifices she will be making for you and your children, I would think this is the least thing she would deserve from this...but ones again I am sure majority of the women out there are intelligient human beings who know the value of money and family and will not think of them selfishly but there are also lots of women out there which are the reverse..it is your responsibility Israfil to seek the right woman for you and thus this whole issue you have would not even be discussed. 

Bismillah,

On behalf of all of the intelligent women who know the value of money, I thank you, Brother!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 10:04am

"And I'm going to wow you all by actually knowing the name of a book with research to support this,"

HA HA HA

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 11:31am

Herjihad don't get me wrong, 'm not saying that a woman with no money is less valuable, it makes the struggle more difficult. I don't care what job a woman has, so long as she is able to contribute. I'm being realistic as if you are an American, and especially a Californian, you would understand my point in both people contributing. Unless I have a $70-80k a year job then I would consider it, but as you say being practical and realistic is my point. Women need to work and help in my philosophy becaue I want an independent woman but also an emotionally interdependent woman as well.

I think a lot of sisters get upset at me because I say a woman should work...funny 60 years ago women cried about being in the work force....hmmmm

Edited by Israfil
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 12:46pm

Israfil, I live in northern cali and my husband supports us fully. Now he is older than you and did not get married to me until he was 33. I am 9 years younger than him. We rent a nice house, our son goes to a great school, my daughter attends a challenging preschool, they are both in gymnastics., swimming and karate. Let me say to be fair, he makes alot more money than you, more than 3 times what you make. So I understand what you are saying. If he made the same as you I am sure I would work part time and kids would not be able to do all the same things. We would have to rent a 2 bedroom apartment and would not be able to travel. But , I would sacrifice so that at least when they were babies I could be at home with them. Israfil, every baby needs thier mother, 24 hours a day! They need to be breastfed, held, cuddled and loved around the clock. No babysitter or daycare will due. If you want your wife to work, then find a woman who likes working, but you OWE HER and your kids a few years,(each child needs the mom for at least 1.5 years at home) of not working. Do whatever you can, save first, put money in the bank and sacrifice so the children can have thier mother at home. Then later she can go back to work, maybe part time, maybe more and bring in more income.

Lastly, I would recomend finding a woman who wants a career for a while when you get married that would like to wait on having kids. Then you can both work for 4or5 years and save up lots of money and go on fun trips and then be ready for the expence and sacrifice of having children. All the best to you, and remember career minded women that work and make lots of money generally are very independant and do not like being told what to do...

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
foody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 1:09pm
@Jenni

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic