IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To those who follow the Sunnah Only  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To those who follow the Sunnah Only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To those who follow the Sunnah Only
    Posted: 11 May 2006 at 11:26am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu 

This post is addressed only to those of us who believe that despite the fact that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala is the Most Merciful, He is also strict in Punishment. Those members who fear Allah�s punishment and at the same time Hope for His Mercy. Those who believe that Sunnah is a very important part of Deen.

I have just read the thread �Halal Music� which is now closed.

I am not sure how many times I have walked down this road, during the short time I have been a member here. I truly believe that my not-too-active participation on the boards is a blessing in disguise for me.

I really don�t think that those of us who quote from the Glorious Qur'an and Hadith need to apologize every time we do so. The only reason why some of us back down is because we are afraid of Allah�s Wrath and Punishment. Yes Allah gets angry and He Punishes too.

None of us on the face of the earth today are following strictly the teachings of Islam based on the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah. Alhamdulillah we are all trying our best to revive the true teachings of Islam and that is why we participate in these forums and discussions to share experience, knowledge and help each other to overcome the difficulties we are facing in our daily lives.

I sincerely advise my brothers and sisters who do follow the teachings and refer to our great scholars of yesteryear to refrain from quoting from the authentic sources to spare the feelings of those members, who are 100% sure of their Iman, whom Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala has blessed with insight and understanding. By quoting from these authentic sources we are accused of putting words in their mouths, sending them to Hell and calling them Non-Muslim etc. Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim! If you feel that something needs addressing only mention that you do not agree with what has being said according to your knowledge of Shariah. However if there are any beneficial articles which you would like to share with us then post them in the Islam Basics section. In our endeavor to do good we normally end up causing more harm.

It is very heart-breaking, when we revert to Islam Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala, the Most Merciful forgives us our sins and we enter Islam as new born babies only to start sinning more gravely this time. We are not perfect only Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala is Perfect. He did not bless us with the brains and understanding of the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah, so please don�t feel ashamed to refer to the great scholars of yesteryear and some of more recent times. Alhamdulillah there is no shame in seeking the truth.

It is most unfortunate those who claim to know better than the scholars, never ever use the verses from the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah to back up their claim, so at least we can realize our errors.

Remember we took the Shahadah: �I bear witness that there is No God but Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger.�

We also know that there are weak Hadith etc. but what we have quoted on the boards are from authentic sources which have been refuted. How can someone refute something from a source and accept something else from the same source.

Our rights as Muslim upon each other is �Enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil� but according to the Shariah. Something maybe good according to the norms today but Haram according to the Shariah so do we enjoin it- A BIG NO- No Way. The Ummah as a whole is going thru terrible times, so we need to help each other to strength our Iman and close our ranks and the only way to do that is to revert back to the true teachings of the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah not only the Glorious Qur'an, because Allah tells us to �Obey Him and His Messenger!�

When we start refuting authentic sources we are casting a doubt on the very foundation of Islam and on all our acts of worship like Salah etc. How do we know for sure that there are 5 daily prayers and not three or four? How do we know for sure Salatul-Maghrib is 3 Rakat and not two or five? So where will it end??????????

Once again I appeal to my brothers and sisters who follow the teachings according to the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah and the teachings handed down to us by the Ulema, to refrain from quoting verses and Hadith. The enemies of Islam are doing a very good job mocking Islam, please we don�t want to add to that, do we. I also suggest we start looking at alternative forums where we can discuss Ayah and Hadith in a peaceful surrounding, without having to watch what we say all the time. Insha Allah, Allah knows our intentions and actions are but intentions. Our silences (refraining from quoting from the authentic sources) will be the only way to avoid further Fitnah on the boards. Remember Fitnah is worse than killing.

To Brother Peacemaker and the other moderators

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala reward you and your families with Khair in both this world and the next for your efforts to maintain Harmony. Ameen!

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala protect us from the evils surrounding us and from the evil within ourselves. Ameen!

Sori for this long post !!!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 12:22pm

Assalamu alaikum Sister Alwardah,

Sister, I sense your extreme frustration in your post, I feel that frustration as well and agree with what you have said.  It is very difficult when authentic ahadith and wisdom for our esteemed scholars is mocked at and discredited on an Islamic site!  This happens over and over here and causes much hard feelings and disagreements.

Perhaps your solution of not quoting ahadith or scholars any more might tone down the animosity that occurs, but, this is an Islamic website and we should be able to quote at will.  How terrible that it has come to this....

May Allah guide us all to His straight path and may we learn to cope with being the "strangers".

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 12:56pm

Bismillah,

Salaamu Alaykum, Flower!  The salient point to know and for us all to know is that Muslims, Believers, come in many different sizes, shapes, colors, attitudes, theological bases and stages in our lives.  If you are tired of discussion of the same thing repeatedly, we all get groggy and dizzy from such things at times.  There are many groups for literalists as you are out there.  I am searching for a group also where I could discuss things with fellow Muslims on the basis of similar beliefs.  I fear that we are too small in number to differentiate in this way.  Also, if we avoid each other, how will we come to understand and respect each other?

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 5:12am

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Ummziba

Is this an Islamic Forum? Sometimes I really wonder.

Sister it is not so much frustration but the fear of confusing those seeking knowledge. By quoting from the Authentic sources, which are refuted by some, we are confusing those who are truly seeking the truth and helping those who are making a mockery our religion. I know by keeping silent we will be committing a sin, but I am sure we can find other ways of guiding those truly looking for the truth according to the Shariah.

It is a very serious matter and very frightening too, when we start to pick and chose Ayah and Hadith. Yes there are weak Hadith, which our esteemed scholars have sorted out for us, but we don't quote  these on Boards.

But every time, we deny this Hadith or Ayah or say they do not apply to our time and circumstances we are implying:

1. That the Glorious Qur'an and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) were not a Mercy to all mankind, but only to the generation who lived during the time of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). We have now broken the very foundation on which Islam is based. Yes there are some Ayat which were revealed especially for certain incidents during that time, and some are stories of early prophets � the general application and wisdom will always apply to all generations. Anyway that�s according to my knowledge.
  2. By rejecting the works of the Companions, (remember they transmitted the Ahadith) and the renowned scholars we are claiming that we have a better understanding of the circumstances, history and the Arabic language than them.  Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim! May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala protect us from the whispers of Shaitan and our own arrogance. Ameen!

This is the main type of Fitnah I wish to avoid at all cost.

What I still cannot understand is from where do those who refute Sunnah and  Ayat get their historical and other facts � it is obvious from some scholars or other unless they lived during the time of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and are re-incarnated during our time to show us the correct part because the renowned scholars have made a mess of the Shariah. Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim! Allah knows best.

I know most people will not agree with me about being silent but Insha Allah I will from now on. I will continue posting articles in the Basic Islam and Qur'an and Sunnah sections.

Ameen! To your Duas.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala Unite our Ummah. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 5:16am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Also, if we avoid each other, how will we come to understand and respect each other?

Peace

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Herjihad

Is this possible here in this forum- understand and respect?

Sister let me emphasize a very important point. I don�t have any problems on how you or anyone chooses or desires to worship Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala Alhamdulillah that is between you and HIM.

But I definitely have a problem when you accuse those of us (me or anyone else) who quote an Ayah or Hadith containing a warning about Hell, that we are saying you are going to Hell Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim! How can we when we don�t even know our own position with Allah. All we are doing is conveying Allah�s Message from the authentic sources. I don�t understand how you can accuse us for something that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala is Saying.

Alhamdulillah! This time around the disagreement was not between You and me. Alhamdulillah!

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala always keep us on His Siratul-Mustaqeem Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

Edited by Alwardah
ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 5:34am
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

Is this an Islamic Forum? Sometimes I really wonder.

me too

"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Also, if we avoid each other, how will we come to understand and respect each other?

Peace

As Salamu Alaikum Sister Herjihad

Is this possible here in this forum- understand and respect?

Sister let me emphasize a very important point. I don�t have any problems on how you or anyone chooses or desires to worship Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala Alhamdulillah that is between you and HIM.

But I definitely have a problem when you accuse those of us (me or anyone else) who quote an Ayah or Hadith containing a warning about Hell, that we are saying you are going to Hell Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim! How can we when we don�t even know our own position with Allah. All we are doing is conveying Allah�s Message from the authentic sources. I don�t understand how you can accuse us for something that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala is Saying.

Alhamdulillah! This time around the disagreement was not between You and me. Alhamdulillah!

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala always keep us on His Siratul-Mustaqeem Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

Alaykum Assalaam Sister Flower,

Of course I read your original post and the last one directed to Sister Ummziba also.  I just don't want to take the time to refute what you say point-by-point because you probably don't want to read it, so what's the point? 

Well, you see there are many, many people who are Muslims like me who have been driven out of the Mosques or just don't attend or try to learn how to read Quran and other basic things because the atmosphere is guided by ideas in the posts you just made.  I think you are wrong about some things.  I love and respect our Loving Lord and our Blessed Prophets.  Maybe you and others like you will not see the arrogance in your post that you just made.  Maybe you will. 

The point is:  I have a community now.  Sisters whom I love and love me have met through IC and either agree with each other on this basic issue or agree not to discuss something we know we won't come to terms with.  Others out there need a community also.  They come here all the time lonely and looking for help or advice. 

Your advice, although you may feel that it's just the Quran and the prophets and the scholars advice, isn't the only valid advice.  People need to be able to choose.  And don't you see your implication in your statement that I and others like me will misguide people?  AstagfirAllah!  Islaam is so wonderful and beautiful and I don't worry that hardliners and literalists will misguide people because Allah, The Most Capable, is in charge, not me.  I'm just going to keep trying to convey the love for Allah that I have in my heart so that others may benefit from it.  (And to be honest, it makes me feel good to reach out a hand to those who need it also.)

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 9:18am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Ok, now I have a question from you all ( including myself ). Can we,  or should we, have a unified stance, regardless of our personal differences, on any topic to convey the Message of Islam to people, whether or not they post anything at the forum ( as many of them may only read what we write here ) , who come here to learn from all over the world? This may not be an easy question. Please take  your time, and then reply.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic