IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Africa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sudan - A victim of Islamophobia  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sudan - A victim of Islamophobia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sudan - A victim of Islamophobia
    Posted: 08 April 2005 at 4:23am

Since the Islamist took over power in Khartoum, the country has been target of vicious western propaganda and the US sanctions � starting with Bill Clinton in November 4, 1997. The central government has since been accused of a) supporting terrorism, 2)threat to its neighboring Christian states, 3)bad human rights record, 4)having very poor human right record under Shari�ah laws, and the recent one � slavery � All of which have been debunked by several UN reports, independent fact finding missions and the Sudanese government it self.

The real reasons behind all this anti-Sudan hype is its huge oil (12% of world�s known resources) and water resources, which are eyed at both the US and Israel � And Islam is a tool being used to destabilize that Muslim majority country. Eric Margolis, the war columnist at �The Toronto Sun�, on January 27, 1997, reported:

�South Sudan is inhibited by animist or Christian Niloric tribesmen who still live in the Iron Age. The two disparate parts of Sudan have been in conflict for decades. In the 1960s and 70s, Israel and Ethiopia armed south Sudanese rebels in an effort to destabilize the government in Khartoum. Oxfam and other Christian missionary and �humanitarian� group raised money and provided arms to the Sudanese rebels, which they do to this day in an effort to prevent the spread of ISLAM.�

As far as the �religious discrimination against non-Muslims� is concerned � from Muslims living among the Christian Dinka tribe � Zakat is collected, but is used to serve all needy people. I bet more churches are burned in the US than reported in Sudan. The Israel�s record of anti-Christianity is the worse in the world � where no new church has been built since the creation of state of Israel in 1948; it�s illegal to print Bible or read in public places, and Christians are not allowed to decorate their houses with Christian symbols and Christmas trees. Many times, the Christian priests have been insulted by Jews spitting on their faces.

The allegation of slavery is really pathetic � considering the fact that and average of 100,000 foreign women are brought into the US, annually, to work as prostitutes � And in Israel it�s legal to sell �White Gentile women� for sex-slavery. 
Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 6:15am
Are you saying that reports of hundreds of thousands killed by government supported janjaweed are wrong? That people are not being systematically driven from villages?

What does this have to do with islam? Why defend a bad government just because it's muslim? Bush claims to be christian and I know plenty of christians who are against him. Lot's of bums hide behind religion, there's nothing new about that.

What happens elsewhere does not excuse sudan government crimes against those it governs.

F
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 6:56am

Originally posted by fezziwig fezziwig wrote:

Are you saying that reports of hundreds of thousands killed by government supported janjaweed are wrong? That people are not being systematically driven from villages?

Did not that's what I said in my post?

Quote What does this have to do with islam?

Are you saying that a Jew columnist (Eric Margolis) is lying?

Quote What happens elsewhere does not excuse sudan government crimes against those it governs

Any similar thoughts on Israel?

Know your enemy!

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 1:01pm
Brother Rehmat as an African American I take heart to what is said here. Many women and men have been killed raped and systematically been annexed from their tribal lands this is utter ignorance on your part to make similarities this is beyond the Israel Arab conflict. Fezziweg if the media has any truth in a fundamentalist Muslim this individual would be it
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Brother Rehmat as an African American I take heart to what is said here. Many women and men have been killed raped and systematically been annexed from their tribal lands this is utter ignorance on your part to make similarities this is beyond the Israel Arab conflict

Who raped who? Did the same media found WMDs in Iraq? Why are you so offensive of Israeli crimes and arm sale to the Christian rebels?

http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=5446873&pageid=r &mode=ALL&query=sudan

Quote Fezziweg if the media has any truth in a fundamentalist Muslim this individual would be it

Thanks for reminding me. I am very proud to be a 'fundamentalist Muslim' - How about you?

Know your enemy!

americancrusade View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote americancrusade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 7:33pm

Rehmat,

I suppose we should all believe you just because you say it did not happen.  I can tell you this as an American, we hurt everytime someone other than an Islamo-Jihadist is killed in the war in Iraq or Afghanistan.  We have to see it on our news and know of it because our people demand it. 

In Canada, the CBC spoon feeds you all the anti-American rhetoric you can consume.  A suggestion, try watching Fox news once in a while if it is available, it is helpful.

Thank you for proudly owning up to who you are, I find that very refreshing!  I hope we can have some very spirited discussions. 

with much respect.

Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 6:30am
Quote A suggestion, try watching Fox news once in a while if it is available, it is helpful.

You have to be joking right? Faux is properbly the most slated and biased news media in the whole world

Peace
Noah.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic