IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My maleness is down the drain...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My maleness is down the drain...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:27pm
[QUOTE=Mishmish]

I would just like to add that
Muslims�everywhere try diligently to convince�non-Muslims that
women are not oppressed in Islam. That women have rights in
Islam. That Allah(SWT) gave Muslim women rights 1400 years
ago that women in the West have only achieved in the last 100
years.

I believe with all of my heart that this is true. Allah(SWT) did
give women these rights. Unfortunately for humanity, men have
chosen to ignore the Word of Allah(SWT) and believe that they
are superior. Against the Word of Allah(SWT) who created
them, they have continued on in this ignorance and actually
feel superior in stating they are superior. But how does this
really make you feel? To believe something that Allah(SWT)
has stated is not true? Do you feel superior to Allah(SWT)?

[/
QUOTE]

Obviously this is a war of WORDS.......When can we get to a
point and say that "some men" and "some women" do such and
such. I as a male shouldn't be held accountable just because
some retard locks his wife in a house......No man should fel
superior over another human we all are feeble and ragile in our
most simple state.

Mishmish a challenge for you if you so choose: when
addressing men shouldn't t be out of respect for the men in this
world who respect women that you carefully state your words
as "some men" rather "men" because the latter is a formed
generalization. I understand that the actions of men in various
cultures that are negative are prevalent but realize there are
millions of men and every mn is different and how each
individual male treats his wife is different.

I can play a similar tune and note several things you women
tend to do however when I address them I say "some women"
because i don't know every woman in the world to much such
blanket statement. Just a personal challenge but don't know if
you're up to it.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 2:06pm

I would just like to add that Muslims everywhere try diligently to convince non-Muslims that women are not oppressed in Islam. That women have rights in Islam. That Allah(SWT) gave Muslim women rights 1400 years ago that women in the West have only achieved in the last 100 years.

I believe with all of my heart that this is true. Allah(SWT) did give women these rights. Unfortunately for humanity, men have chosen to ignore the Word of Allah(SWT) and believe that they are superior. Against the Word of Allah(SWT) who created them, they have continued on in this ignorance and actually feel superior in stating they are superior. But how does this really make you feel? To believe something that Allah(SWT) has stated is not true? Do you feel superior to Allah(SWT)?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 1:55pm

Megatron wrote:

"As for men committing ills as a result of our power.  That is true we have committed wrongs.  But let it be known that women are in no way innocent beings in this world.  Go to Amsterdam's red light district and you can see how innocent they are."

So, you are comparing prostitution with creating weapons of mass destruction? I can see the comparison there.

I believe in Islam the man was given more physical strength to protect women and provide for them. Isn't this correct? Not to use this physical strength against women and keep them down.

Yes, throughout history men have been dominant because they were stronger and were not afraid to beat down those physically weaker than them. It's easy to say men have been more productive in the arts and sciences, when women were physically kept from attending schools. This practice is still going on in some countries. That men were more prolific in inventing and creating when women were not even legally allowed to claim their own ideas until recently. That men were historically in power and held more political office when women were not even allowed to vote until recently, and in many countries still do not have this right.

Do you think Allah(SWT) created men to be tyrants over women? An interesting thought since the Quran states otherwise.

Yes, there are prostitutes. Historically women have been taught that the only real power they have over men is sexual. Until Islam, that is. Allah(SWT) made it clear that women are not just sinful, sexual beings with no rights. Allah made us equal, and 1400 years ago this was made clear. Too bad you, and those like you, just haven't been paying attention.

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 9:36am

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

Foody,
Then one must consider why God gave men this superiority.  What were the reasons behind it? 

So this is from the Qur'an right? Men and women are not Islamically equal? Men are superior to women?

Lameese

Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 9:32am
Originally posted by foody foody wrote:

And by the way Lamesse if you wish to be the head of the house, be the head of the house...give me your role and I will take it with happiest of smile...there is no better role in life than motherhood, see how I no longer say fatherhood ><. The only condition I have is, if you  desire to get tired of me and wish to divorce me..that I have full custody of the children because I put my life and soul raising them while you went in the work force and provided the income.  Parenthood is the key for happier and longitivity life style if one most know this?

I never said women were oppressed. Women do EVERYTHING. We make sure the children have what they need, we make sure the house has what it needs, we make sure our husbands have what they need. Many men look for a wife like their mothers. Many men do not help in the household and this is bogus! Women have to work now days, unless her husband makes enough for the whole family. Also, if it is your child, ACT LIKE IT! Don't let the mom go for days on end without sleep, changing a multitude of diapers. Put your money where your mouth is and become an ACTIVE part of this childs life! Don't just hold this child when you "feel like it", be active with the child and help. Be a dad in the same way a mother is. The only way you are pushed aside by the female role is that you CHOOSE not to nurture your child. No one can make you not do something. It is your choice what how you are with your child. It is not just what females do and what mothers do, you have a CHOICE to do the same! TO say otherwise is an E X C U S E! A child is work, a lot of work. Mothers are usually the ones that do EVERYTHING. My husband would not know what to do if I died. Everything is done for him. All he has to do is get bottles out of the fridge and pick up the diaper bag. I am the one that makes the bottles, packs the diaper bag and has extra clothes in it. Once I asked him to get it all ready. I told him what to do and he still could not get it right. I told him, I cannot die because you do not understand what to do. This is not from God, this is the father using the excuse that it is the mother that is supposed to do all these things. You can train a monkey to do anything, but try training a man to take care of his child?????

Also, Downsizing dad???? One atricle and it is your truth and law??? YOU MAKE THE CHOICE HOW ACTIVE YOU ARE IN YOUR CHILDS LIFE! Now say that 3 times OUTLOUD!  The courts in the USA are giving all sorts of equal rights to the father concerning the children. There are a lot of wonderful men out there that want to be a part of their childs life and make the full EFFORT. But the sad reality is that once they are no longer with the child, visitations become less and less. Why? IT WAS THE FATHERS CHOICE!

Ok, Foody! Be a MAN and again, put your money where your mouth is! I am head of my house, I am the one that supports this whole household. I am the one that carries all the insurance. We live in a house that was mine before I married. My cars, everything was mine before I married. Now I am married, supporting my whole house and taking care of 2 children and doing all the dishes, housework, laundry and bill paying. So, be a man and do all of this! TAKE MY ROLE and let's see if you can handle it..........I do both roles, why? I do not have a choice and I love taking care of my family and I do not mind supporting my family! Do you realize I can never die? My family would not have and income, there would be no insurance for the Dr or medical care. Everything falls on me, so please Foody take my role!

Lameese

foody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 3:46am
No, no, Megatron...I did not mean it that..please express your thoughts freely  I am sorry for what I have said ...

Edited by foody
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 3:05am
Foody,

I'm not denying that God has had His hand in all things but I'm saying that God rose men to that distinction and not women. Of course God is responsible for all things.  Then one must consider why God gave men this superiority.  What were the reasons behind it?  That is another debate.

If you find it arrogant that I'm expressing an opinion then I guess nobody can express anything because it is considered arrogant.  That logic is very convoluted and is not conducive to debate.

In the future I'll try not to "act so big shut"(sic).

Edited by Megatron
foody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 2:35am

Megatron isn't that arrogant there? Besides it is not men that have achieved so far, it is not women that achieved this far, it is by THE WELL OF GOD (Allah, the almighty, that have created the universe, the heavens and the earth) it is THROUGH GOD alone that we have achieved nice things and provided with nice things...Allah can easily take what was given by Allah, so don't act so big shut here mister..as Allah can reverse order in a snap.  Be proud of who you are yes, be happy of what the role of a man and the role of a female is, BUT DON'T YOU put down the roles of women, they have achieved as much as men have..just because a man fails to see it..it doesn't put her role any lesser than the men's role..not in one single bit.   The winner man is the man that respect his sister and his wife, he is the true winner and succesor and even his intellect will be superior.  We are in one flesh, remember that.   One other factor when we are giving this role it to FATHER our household and FATHER society, with this role we are suppose to help women, children and brothers alike to be on the good side, what ever benefits we are suppose to give to others, the FATHERLESS society and the self center, and the I am superior than you mentality and the gender war, and all of this...is doing corruption in multiple levels it is not even funny.

Now that is said, I agree in a sense that through the well of God, men have achieved lots of things..it just tiresome to know that as much as men achieves he is always unappreciate it...he is always put down, always murdered, abused and silenced. So much battered husbands out there, husbands who's children are taken out of his well, so much male bashing, anti-testosterone and so on....and after all what he have done through the well of God we only look at him in the darkest of light....yet he is the one who NEEDS the most love and support and the gentlest of touch.

Edited by foody
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic