IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My maleness is down the drain...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My maleness is down the drain...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 12:42am
I didn't say that there were no female inventors or CEOs.  It's just that for every female inventor there are a hundred more male inventors and for every female CEO there are a hundred more male CEOs.

As for a woman inventing Penicillin. I'd have to strongly disagree with that.  I don't get my information from feminist pamphlets.  Look up Alexander Fleming if you want the real inventor.

As for me living under a rock, I actually don't.  I have a degree in Immunology and Medicine.  From what I know, most people who live under rocks can't usually achieve those things.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 4:36am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Wouldn't it be better for us if we simply recognize that Allah has blessed both men and women in specific ways. "Specific" in the sense that there are certain things that men can do, but women can't, and Women can do, but men can't. And there are also things that both men and women can do.

YUSUFALI: It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing.

PICKTHAL: It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Scripture and the prophets; and giveth wealth, for love of Him, to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and to set slaves free; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor-due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the Allah-fearing.

SHAKIR: It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards the East and the West, but righteousness is this that one should believe in Allah and the last day and the angels and the Book and the prophets, and give away wealth out of love for Him to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and the beggars and for (the emancipation of) the captives, and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate; and the performers of their promise when they make a promise, and the patient in distress and affliction and in time of conflicts-- these are they who are true (to themselves) and these are they who guard (against evil).

And ultimate success in Duniya and Aakhira ( here and hereafter ) doesn't depend on our gender.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 6:53am

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

As for a woman inventing Penicillin. I'd have to strongly disagree with that.  I don't get my information from feminist pamphlets.  Look up Alexander Fleming if you want the real inventor.

As for me living under a rock, I actually don't.  I have a degree in Immunology and Medicine.  From what I know, most people who live under rocks can't usually achieve those things.

Don't imply that I get my info from "feminist pamphlets" because you do not agree with what I have said. I know who Flemming is. Now do some homework of your own and read what actually happened. His nurse discovered it and as is the male way, he took and got credit for it.

What is your "Medicine" degree?

Lameese

Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 10:01pm
Listen...you know that search engine Google.  Type in "discoverer" and "Penicillin".  Look at the wikipedia entry, go to your local library in an encyclopedia and you won't find a mention of this magical nurse that discovered penicillin.  The vast majority of sources don't mention this nurse whatsoever.  So given the thousands of sources which prove that a MAN-Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin and some source which I have yet to find say otherwise, I think it prudent to believe in the latter rather than the former.

A degree in medicine here in North America is called an MD(medical doctorate).  It allows one to practice medicine.  Diagnosing illnesses and writing prescriptions.  I did a residency in family medicine.  I also have a BSc in Immunology.  Maybe I should send you my academic transcripts and my degrees too.   Would you like my license number as well? 

Edited by Megatron
foody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 12:09am
I don't want gender war here please
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:30am
Foody if you hate the male gender so much why not get a sex change otherwise I'm seriously (And I do mean seriously) dislike hearing all this crap on how bad men are! Get a sex change bro or quit complaining ! You say no gender bashing here but you have done all the gneder bashing......There are a lot of things men can do women cannot do and vice versa but like Lameese said our pros and cons compliment each other. Simple!

Edited by Israfil
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>Foody if you hate the male gender so much why not get a sex change otherwise I'm seriously (And I do mean seriously) dislike hearing all this crap on how bad men are! Get a sex change bro or quit complaining ! You say no gender bashing here but you have done all the gneder bashing......There are a lot of things men can do women cannot do and vice versa but like Lameese said our pros and cons compliment each other. Simple!

I will fund you for the operation; foody, if you sign a reality show contract with my company (Ak & colin's happiness LTD).

we will call it "queer eye for foody guy"

Think about it and let me know foody

Edited by ak_m_f
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 7:48pm

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

The vast majority of sources don't mention this nurse whatsoever. 

A degree in medicine here in North America is called an MD(medical doctorate).  It allows one to practice medicine.  Diagnosing illnesses and writing prescriptions.  I did a residency in family medicine.  I also have a BSc in Immunology.  Maybe I should send you my academic transcripts and my degrees too.   Would you like my license number as well? 

"The vast Majority do not even mention this Nurse"  Think about this statment. Nuff said.

Also, is English your first Language??? Because you told me you had a degree in Medicine, not that you were a Medical Doctor. A degree in Medicine can be in any field. Pharmacology, Dental, Nursing, PA, Occupational and Physical Therapy, ect... And I was born and raised in North America. Where were you born and raised and from which country did you recieve your M.D.? Your Degree means nothing to me but your liscence #, oh yeah, give that to me, I would love to contact the AMA.

Lameese

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic