IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Dear Hadi
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am approaching retirement and have concerns ... (14)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am approaching retirement and have concerns ... (14)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am approaching retirement and have concerns ... (14)
    Posted: 22 September 2023 at 9:50am

I am approaching retirement, and have concerns about paying my zakat. All of my adult life, I have paid my zakat as 2.5% of my saved assets. However, I am ...
Mughees View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mughees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2024 at 6:40am
Zakat is an important pillar of Islam, and it is obligatory on certain types of wealth once it reaches the nisab. Assess your savings and determine how much of it is necessary for you retirement and daily expenses. Continue calculating zakat based on the value of your savings and assets that are zakatable. Look into retirement accounts or other savings plans that can help you manage your finances during retirement. Since your situation involves retirement and long-term financial planning, it is advisable to consult with a qualified Islamic scholar who can guide you more in determining how to calculate your zakat in a way that is fair and reasonable given your circumstances. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic