IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Dear Hadi
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hesitant Organ Donor [17]  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hesitant Organ Donor [17]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hesitant Organ Donor [17]
    Posted: 20 September 2023 at 6:18pm
Hesitant Organ Donor 

I just recently turned 60, and had to renew my driver’s license. When I got to the part about whether I wanted to be an organ donor, I declined. My young adult children gave me so much flack for that, it made me rethink my position. Should I donate my organs?

Mughees View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mughees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2024 at 6:48am
Many scholars consider organ donation to be halal. Organ donation is a noble act of saving lives and helping others in need which aligns with the Islamic principle. If you choose to become an organ donor, make sure to inform your family and your legal representative of your decision. "and whoever saves a life, it will be as if they saved all of humanity". (Quran 5:32). The final decision to donate your organs is a personal one that should be made after careful consideration. If you decide to proceed with it, it would be a great act that benefits others. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic