IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Dear Hadi
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have to go to dinner with clients who drink (13)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have to go to dinner with clients who drink (13)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have to go to dinner with clients who drink (13)
    Posted: 20 September 2023 at 3:49pm

In my line of work, I sometimes have to go to dinners with clients. Although I don’t order or drink any alcohol, the clients sometimes do. I am expected, on behalf of my employer, to use my company credit card to pick up the check ....
Mughees View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mughees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2024 at 6:33am
Have a respectful conversation with your employer or supervisor about your discomfort. Explain your religious beliefs and values, and express your desire to uphold them while still fulfilling your professional responsibilities. While it's important to maintain professional relationships with clients, it's also crucial to establish personal boundaries that align with your religious beliefs. Politely decline offers to partake in alcohol and make it clear that you do not consume alcohol for religious reasons. Besides, whenever possible, suggest alternative venues or activities for a client meeting that do not involve alcohol. This could be coffee shops and restaurants that offer both options. It's essential to prioritize your religious beliefs and values while finding constructive ways to navigate professional obligations. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic