IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Am I being Ungrateful? Need help :(  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I being Ungrateful? Need help :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QZ19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I being Ungrateful? Need help :(
    Posted: 04 January 2021 at 11:21am
Assalam O Alaikum,

Thank you for reading my post. I sincerely need help as I am very confused about my situation :(

I am a 23 year old girl quite career oriented also looking for a spouse. However, whatever proposal I get, I just do not feel like I should say yes. So most of the time i say no as the proposals are just not right or i do not feel right. I would like some one who is mature and understanding. Lately it is been very difficult to process that what actually am i looking for. Easy yet difficult. 

Recently my mother advised me to think about my cousin. however, my cousin is totally immature and not close to deen at all. My mother's opinion is that men change after marriage. However, I do not believe that it is my responsibility to change him entirely. I need someone who understands deen as much as i do or even more than me. They are definitely rich but I am not looking for money instead i believe in building our life together with whatever we have. I am not sure if im being ungrateful because in the past i did decline few proposals but i was maybe a little immature back then and I also repent to Allah and ask for forgiveness. I am very much scared of having self pride. I never have that but still fear that maybe because of this Allah is not happy with me. I do have the option of my cousin but i feel he is not right for me as i do not really believe in cousin marriage plus because of his lifestyle and immaturity. 

I am still not sure if i am being ungrateful or not :( I just want to be a good Muslim and would want to practice my deen with my spouse. I do not have excessively unnecessary demands but i would like to have a spouse that would understand me and be presentable and good to the deen. 

I am 23 i know i have alot of time but when looking towards my surroundings and then what my mother says, these things actually hurt me. Perhaps my mother is looking towards my bright future with him in terms of money but I am looking towards the man who I will spend my life with. In the end money does not matter. 

My question is am I being too picky or ungrateful? I am definitely waiting for the right person. And also maybe i am unlucky or what, but the proposals i actually like they never go forward :(

Need your help. Jazak Allah

May Allah bless you all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic