IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lt or Rt hand itch? Ear burn or ring?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lt or Rt hand itch? Ear burn or ring?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lt or Rt hand itch? Ear burn or ring?
    Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:57pm
Salem,

I have heard from some Muslims from over the years that there is certain significance to your hands itching and your ears ringing or burning. So, please clarify this for me because I really want to know if it is Haarm and rubbish to believe in such. Or, if we as Muslim should believe. Please I am just trying to understand as I am new to Islam. 

1. If your right hand itch's it means you will be getting money that you earned from your "Money tree in heaven" Is this true?
2.If your left hand itch's it mean you will be spending money
3.If your right ear rings someone is talking very bad about you. Something that is so not true and bad towards you? If you hear this ring in your right hear you should say "ALLAH remember them as they remember me" Is this true?
4.If your left ear rings someone is speaking well of you?
5.What if your left ear burns?
6.What if your right ear burn?

Oh, what about your feet. If both feet itch will you be traveling?

Thanks and no Dr jokes please LOL
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:10pm
This is all shirk, it has no basis in Quran or Sunnah.
From now on Ignore them.

Moreover, it is the duty of the Muslim to shun all forms of superstitions from his life and to avoid linking the existence of natural phenomena to certain physical calamities or disabilities that may happen to him. There is a reference to that in the Prophetic Sunnah, in which Al-Mughirah ibn Shu`bah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the the sun eclipsed during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) on the day whenIbrahim, the Prophet�s son, died.

Upon this the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said the following: "Verily the sun and the moon are two signs among the signs of Allah. They do not eclipse on account of the death of anyone or on account of the birth of anyone. So when you see them (in a state of eclipse), supplicate Allah and observe the Prayer till it is over." (Reported by Muslim)

Eclipses have scientific explanations which must be sought from the scientists. As far as our religious beliefs about them are concerned the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that the sun and moon are signs of Allah, and their motions and paths are all determined by Allah; they follow the course decreed by Allah. science therefore only confirms what Islam teaches us in such matters. Islam is deadly opposed to holding superstitious beliefs in such matters

Edited by ak_m_f
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:18pm

Salem AKMF,

InshaALLAH I will ignore it. Thanks for clearing that up.  That is what I wanted to hear...."It has no basis in Quran or Sunnah"

Thanks again

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 3:44pm
When the head itches, we must phone the Lice Busters Inc!
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2006 at 10:24pm
Suzane, when ur hand itches, left or right, it meanss that ur going to loose money!

well, u know....doctor charges....
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic