IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions on Wudu  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions on Wudu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions on Wudu
    Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:11pm

I have a few questions about Wudu. 

A.) Does Wudu need to be done before each Salah or can it be done only as needed?  (I had a Muslim friend say they did their Wudu 5x a day.)

B.) What acts constitute broken Wudu?  I know sex and menstration require Ghusl performed.  (I hope I spelled that right.)

C.)  To enter a mosque as a woman, if she has a problem with medical problem causing bleeding (not normal menstration)  can she enter?

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 3:37pm

Bismillah,

A) As needed is what is required.  The fact that your friend does more is fine also.  If people have special circumstances, this is flexible also. (Ex.  Constant nullification of woodoo, which could mean someone who has a lot of gas.)

B) Reference the post entitled Farting.  This is where the big joke of Brother Suleyman's Fartometer (I think it was him...) comes into play.

Basically, using the toilet, passing gas, having a dog lick you are the main simple ones besides what you mentioned about sex and menstruation, which need a complete ghusl, basically a shower.

C) A common ruling of sheikhs on this is from hadith which state that any bleeding over the normal for that woman or the members of her family, or ten days maximum per month is considered to be abnormal and the woman is to make ghusl and make salat except for those normal days or ten days per month.

If we can make salat, then we can enter the mosque.  Today we have many Islamic centers which people can attend anytime, whatever (whether!) they have ghusl or not.

Peace.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 5:43pm
So its true that passing gas negates wudu?  I didn't take that forum seriously.  Oh...., if you are going out for the day, its not always convienent to take off your shoes.  Do you have to wash everything over again each time or can you just do hands, face etc and only do the feet in the morning?
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:10pm
Dear Angela,

Hiya! I wanted add to what Sis. Hejihad said. She said that "when a woman can make salat, she can enter a mosque." A woman can enter a Mosque at any time. If she is on her period then she should just stay aside while others pray. Even non-muslims are welcomed to enter a mosque.   

For wudu, if you are outside and have wudu, you are able to pray in your shoes (as long as they are clean). Or if you have wudu before going out and have only socks on you are able to wipe your socks over them with water when you make wudu again. Also, if there is no water available you can make tayyamum.

And yes passing gas or air through your rectum does void wudu.
              Sicerely
DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 8:33pm

O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salaah (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles� [al-Maa�idah 5:6]

If a person still has wudoo�, and nothing has broken his wudoo� (the things that break wudoo� are anything that is passed from the front or back passage such as urine, stools, wind; sleeping; eating camel meat; etc.), then he does not have to repeat his wudoo�. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed all five prayers with one wudoo� on the day when he conquered Makkah.

If one wishes to repeat wudoo without having to break it first, its more blessings for the one that does it. For every drop that falls from the body when making wudoo is equal to 1 sin erased.

And Allaah knows best.

Ma'Salama,
Hamid
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2006 at 9:05pm

Thank you Danty and Digitalstorm,

I appreciate the responses, a Muslimah friend of mine will soon be moving to Salt Lake City, Inshallah.  I promised her I would go to Mosque with her when she gets here.  These are all good things to know.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 3:56am

Bismillah,

Concerning the mosque v the Islamic Center, some people dislike others to walk onto the prayer area without ghusl.  I don't know the rule on this however, but I have seen this behavior.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2006 at 7:24am

Assalamu Alaikum Sis Herjihad:

How are you? Insha'Allah you are well.

This isn't meant to be facetious, but how would anyone at the musjid know if you had ghusl or not?

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic