IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - halal meat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

halal meat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Meryem Meryem wrote:

salam,

the prophet PBU said that it is ok , if a person is in a hard situation or if he has not a choice , it is ok for him to say bissmillah and start eating with the right hand

allah knows,,

So what is a left handed person like myself supposed to do?

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
MunirG View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunirG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 2:03pm

when we buy meat from chain grocery store. how do we know that it is slaughter accordingly to islamic teaching. for all we know that the chicken could have been hung or choked. and the cattle shot to death. thats what i have experience when i visited slaughter houses.

so when you do buy meat i highly recomend buying meat from your local halal store.

chain grocery store you just dont know.

MunirG View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MunirG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2006 at 2:20pm

maryah im also left handed. i use my left hand for everthing: writing, playing sport shoot left handed playing basketball,everyday stuff. but for some reason when it comes to eating using my right hand is natural for me, using spoon, fork, chopsticks and eating with my fingers. when i would try to swith my fork to my left hand or chopstick i literally feel like a toddler learning how to use the utensil on my left hand..in no way am i ambidextrous. just the fact that i was probably brought up learning it that way. and the fact that my left hand would be use to clean myself, there is no way im gonna use the same hand to eat and clean.

salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 3:51am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

it is haram to eat meat from a non muslim store

what if the non-muslim store sells halah meat?

because I get my meat from non-muslim store, but its halal

meat from non-muslim store cannot be halal.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 9:09am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

it is haram to eat meat from a non muslim store
what if the non-muslim store sells halah meat? because I get my meat from non-muslim store, but its halal

meat from non-muslim store cannot be halal.

In north America they sell meats that are already packaged, they have halal seal on it.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 9:57am

As Sallamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

The helal meat issue is so much important for the muslims in America,i think the administration of islamicity should make a list including a map where can halal meat be found,all muslims and i will be appreciate for the efforts being touch on this issue,also this project may provide a support for the sellers who are trying to serve halal meat in the stores beside their limited sources...ok...the mission waits us...more voices please, what can be done?????

Edited by Suleyman
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 12:35pm

Assalam alaikum,

Sometimes it is a matter of good communication.  In our town are only 6 Muslim families.  When one sister noticed a local grocery store selling halal hot dogs, she and her husband approched the store manager and thanked him and let him know that our small community would be interested in buying any halal products he could get in his store.  Now, we have all sorts of halal meat that are brought in in small quantities that suit our needs. 

Good communication + showing appreciation = halal meat in a place you would never normally get it!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2006 at 12:39pm

Good example what Sister Ummziba did,let us all do;Jazak Allah Khair....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic