IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A good joke  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A good joke

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A good joke
    Posted: 06 April 2006 at 3:49am
A Faithful Woman

An elderly Muslim lady was well-known for her faith and for her confidence in talking about it. She would stand in front of her house and say "Allah be praised" to all those who passed by.

Next door to her lived an atheist who would get so angry at her proclamations he would shout, "There ain't no Lord!!"

Hard times came upon the elderly lady, and she prayed for Allah to send her some assistance. She would pray out loud in her night prayer "Oh Allah! I need food!! I am having a hard time, please Lord, PLEASE LORD, SEND ME SOME GROCERIES!!"

One night the atheist happened to hear her as she was praying, and decided to play a prank on her. The next morning the lady went out on her porch and found a large bag of groceries. She raised her hands and shouted, "Allah be praised!."

The neighbor jumped from behind a bush and said, "Aha! I told you there was no Lord. I bought those groceries, God didn't."

The old lady laughed and clapped her hands and said, "ALLAH BE PRAISED. He not only sent me groceries, but he made the devil pay for them!"

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 7:50am
asala126 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asala126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 9:53am
hind View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2006 at 9:57am

Jazakallahu khair. That was a good one!!!  I needed a chuckle today (not feeling well).

Salam,

Hind

BintWill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BintWill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2006 at 1:25am
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 12:54am

Good one, Jazak'Allah we need a laugh! Shukran!

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic