IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Abrogation  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abrogation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dialamah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abrogation
    Posted: 12 February 2018 at 8:41am
On another forum a poster uses "Abrogation" to support his contention that Islam seeks to perpetuate war against the entire world. I disagree with this view, but as I don't completely understand abrogation, it's hard for me to effectively refute him. Can someone explain to me what abrogation is, what it applies to and how much importance it has in the Islamic faith?

Thank you.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2018 at 11:21pm
dialamah,
If I'm not mistaken, abrogation means the cancellation or revocation of an agreement to do something. I personally disagree if there is a provoking teaching to against the entire world.
dialamah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dialamah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 7:00am
Thank you for your reply. The way this person uses it is to say that Mohammed's instructions to behave peacefully toward non-believers were abrogated by other commands to kill or convert non-believers and that it remains a duty on Muslims today to kill or convert non-believers. It makes me exceedingly sad and angry that someone would make these claims, but I know too that abrogation is part of Islamic tradition even though I am certain this person is misusing it.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2018 at 6:23pm
dialamah,

Islam is a religious that invites human beings to re-testify that their God is only one that is Allah, according to their first testimony before being born to the earth.

However, Muslims are only commanded by Allah to convey the truth of this Islam religion in a good and wise ways, and even if it is not successful then don't push themselves because all of those will return to Allah who has "Hidayah" (guidance).

dialamah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dialamah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 9:17am
Thanks for your reply. :)
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 4:05am
﴿سورة النحل ١٢٥﴾ ادْعُ إِلَىٰ سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ ۖ وَجَادِلْهُمْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ ۚ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَنْ ضَلَّ عَنْ سَبِيلِهِ ۖ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ

[Quran 16:125] Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good advice, and debate with them in the most dignified manner. Your Lord is aware of those who stray from His path, and He is aware of those who are guided.

https://goo.gl/ddFvP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic