IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The monotheist Religion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The monotheist Religion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The monotheist Religion
    Posted: 05 April 2005 at 8:14am

It is common misconception that Judaism, Christianity and Islam � all are �monotheist religions, whose followers believe in the Oneness of the Creator. However, when we have a close look at the first two � Judaism and Christianity � they don�t fall in the true definition of the word �monotheism�.For example:

First - Both these religions take their names from a person or land or race � instead of God. Christians believe that their religion�s name come from its founder Christ. However, the historical facts don�t agree with this assertion � because most of the 26 books in the New Testament were written by St. Paul and not Christ, even by Christian accounts. Furthermore, while the four canonized Gospels are named after their so-called �writers� � but no �Gospel of Christ� exists. Same goes for Judaism. It takes name � either from the Biblical pervert man named Judah or from the first Jewish state of �Judea and Samara�.

Second � All Christians believe Christ as the �God head� � even if some of them don�t believe in the �Trinity doctrine�. The Jews on the other hand, believe in �race, and some even their own �Trinity� � Taking Ezra as �Son of God�.

Contrary to all that � Muslims take Allah as the One and Only God. Holy Qur�an doesn�t leave Muslims alone to figure out how the Jewish and Christian Scriptures justify doing what they do. It tells the Believers those people have departed from Allah�s guidance and gone on sacrilegious and irreverent tangents because, they claim: The fire will most certainly not touch us for more than a limited number of days.. � and this encourages them to betray their original revelations. This is the reason why they shun Allah�s �Last Testament � Holy Qur�an�.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

It is common misconception that Judaism, Christianity and Islam � all are �monotheist religions, whose followers believe in the Oneness of the Creator. However, when we have a close look at the first two � Judaism and Christianity � they don�t fall in the true definition of the word �monotheism�.For example:

First - Both these religions take their names from a person or land or race � instead of God. Christians believe that their religion�s name come from its founder Christ. However, the historical facts don�t agree with this assertion � because most of the 26 books in the New Testament were written by St. Paul and not Christ, even by Christian accounts. Furthermore, while the four canonized Gospels are named after their so-called �writers� � but no �Gospel of Christ� exists. Same goes for Judaism. It takes name � either from the Biblical pervert man named Judah or from the first Jewish state of �Judea and Samara�.

Second � All Christians believe Christ as the �God head� � even if some of them don�t believe in the �Trinity doctrine�. The Jews on the other hand, believe in �race, and some even their own �Trinity� � Taking Ezra as �Son of God�.

Contrary to all that � Muslims take Allah as the One and Only God. Holy Qur�an doesn�t leave Muslims alone to figure out how the Jewish and Christian Scriptures justify doing what they do. It tells the Believers those people have departed from Allah�s guidance and gone on sacrilegious and irreverent tangents because, they claim: The fire will most certainly not touch us for more than a limited number of days.. � and this encourages them to betray their original revelations. This is the reason why they shun Allah�s �Last Testament � Holy Qur�an�.

I agree.

However... I have seen Muslims who hardly ever refer to Quran. And when we are in the Masjid, I watch when the name of Allah is mentioned and I hear the tumbleweeds rolling by.

But when the name of Muhammad is mentioned.... they say AHHHH MUHAMMMAD SALLALLAHI ALAIHI WASALAAM!!!!!!!

I am reminded of the following Ayat (The emphasis are mine);

57. And when the son of Mary (or Muhammad) is mentioned as an example, lo! thy people raise a clamour thereat.

58. And they say: Are our gods better, or is he? They set it forth to thee only by way of disputation. Nay, they are a contentious people.

59. He was naught but a servant on whom We bestowed favour and We made him an example for the Children of Israel.

60. And if We pleased, We could make among you angels to be (Our) vicegerents in the land.

61. And this (revelation) is surely knowledge of the Hour, so have no doubt about it and follow me. This is the right path.

Edited by blond
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:27am

Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

...However... I have seen Muslims who hardly ever refer to Quran. And when we are in the Masjid, I watch when the name of Allah is mentioned and I hear the tumbleweeds rolling by....

I call them 'token Muslims'.

BTW - I have posted my view on such Muslims under 'Basic Islamic' topic.

Wa Salaam.

Know your enemy!

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

...However... I have seen Muslims who hardly ever refer to Quran. And when we are in the Masjid, I watch when the name of Allah is mentioned and I hear the tumbleweeds rolling by....

I call them 'token Muslims'.

BTW - I have posted my view on such Muslims under 'Basic Islamic' topic.

Wa Salaam.

Wow.

That makes more "tokens" than not. That is a scary notion.

I have to step back and judge myself instead.

Thank you.

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:06pm

Allow me to quote Imam Mohammad al-Asi on this:

Some white-tie and titular Muslims who love their tormentors want to convince the rest of us that Islam can only 'progress' when Muslims do what the Christians and Jews have done.

The 'token Muslim' was coined by Imam Mohammad al-Asi and not me. According to him Allah doesn't accept a submission with reservations, a half-hearted surrender, or [edited by moderator].

Edited by Nausheen
Know your enemy!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic