IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Hereafter  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Hereafter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Hereafter
    Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:20am

Do you believe that this generation will see the Hereafter?

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:31am

Hereafter for Heaven or hell, or both?

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Hereafter for Heaven or hell, or both?

It is called the "HERE....... After".

I believe that Allah is currently living in the Here After. I have thought about this place in depth.

It must transcend time to be a place that is currently existing. However, there is a veil between us.

Do any of you believe it is possible to exist in the state of being in the Here After while we live, or before the Judgement of the World? If so, how is this achieved?

fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 4:23pm
The hereafter, if it exists, must be so different from this life that any who reach it would look back at our restricted life in this world as being quaint. The poor tools of understanding we have in this world are inadequate to understand any hereafter.

F

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:27pm
I first heard that interpretation of the hereafter as being a dimensional
expansion of the present in an Indries Shas (sp?) book on sufism.

I find it an attractive and rather comforting idea. There used to be some
knowlegeable sufi types here, but I have not seen any posts since the
changeover.

DavidC
(who also finds the idea of sufis cussing at new software rather
comforting)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 5:12am

Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

Do any of you believe it is possible to exist in the state of being in the Here After while we live, or before the Judgement of the World? If so, how is this achieved?

As for the existence of the hereafter, I believe yes and no - I'm not sure my stance at the moment, but leading towards yes direction. For me its called the next life (time).

To answer your question, and I'm not sure if this does, we cannot exist in the hereafter while we live this phyiscal existence, we cannot exist in two states of being at once.

I think. This is still under review my me - so nothing is concrete 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

As for the existence of the hereafter, I believe yes and no - I'm not sure my stance at the moment, but leading towards yes direction. For me its called the next life (time).

To answer your question, and I'm not sure if this does, we cannot exist in the hereafter while we live this phyiscal existence, we cannot exist in two states of being at once.

I think. This is still under review my me - so nothing is concrete 

Thanks.

It occurred to me that Here After means, here after; Here (now, where we are) After (after the power of Shaitan's power to rule or influence on Earth).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic