IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What proof is there that Muhammad was a p  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What proof is there that Muhammad was a p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 1:02pm
Quote Asep
There are some non-Muslims who really don't like the teachings of Islam, so they always try to make Muslims not united. Because according to them, if Muslims unite will win including in knowledge other than religion.
That's not what I see in my environment.
It's more about sending planes into skyscrapers, killing the "Charly Hebdo" team because they depicted Muhammad their way, this "best religion" thinking (and the superiority complex that goes with it), accompanied by sulky muslims believing that the whole world is:

A) against them
B) Deluded, because they don't realize how smashing the Quran is.

Actually, in my European world people care roughly as much about Muhammad's teachings (or rather as little) as they do about the Shinto or the Dogon religion or Voodoo.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 11 February 2018 at 1:49pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
MIAW View Drop Down
Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

...That's not what I see in my environment...

Then I would urge you to change your environment quickly... because 'hatred' does not allow for good reasoning...

Quote ...It's more about sending planes into skyscrapers, killing the "Charly Hebdo" team because they depicted Muhammad their way...

You are barking up the wrong tree here; go tell the extremists who committed those crimes, for this is an 'Interfaith dialogue'... not an opportunity for you to have a 'dig' about incidents where many innocent victims (Muslims and Non-Muslims) lost their lives or their loved ones. Have some respect. You won't find me smearing all Christian/Jewish populations with atrocities committed by some Christian/Jewish 'nut job'. We are all victims in the middle of this 'war' between two extremist poles who are engaging in tit-for-tat attacks (not on each other unfortunately, but on all of us in the middle, regardless of our faith , skin colour, age, gender or background).

Quote ... Actually, in my European world people care roughly as much about Muhammad's teachings (or rather as little) as they do about the Shinto or the Dogon religion or Voodoo.

Airmano

Really?.. Is that why Islam is the fastest growing 'religion/way of life' in Europe and the world?

You don't have to go very far... Just google the following questions:

What is Europe's fastest growing religion?
What is the world's fastest growing religion?

Here is an example of what you will find:

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/16/world/islam-fastest-growing-religion-trnd/index.html

But more importantly... do you know the reason for: why is Islam the world's fastest growing religion?

Some western media will talk about birth rates and demographics... but the real reason is that people are not st**id; they know where the truth is. People have grown tired of religions that don't make sense, where there are many Gods running the show (too many cooks an' all that), a God who has a son (i.e. a family!), a God who drinks alcohol...etc.

Hundreds of people from around the world are embracing Islam every single day.

Islam has all the 'answers to questions' that other religions don't have. The right answers to individuals' and societies' problems.

This is no 'superiority complex'... Islam is a 'clean' and 'very reasonable' way of life, for anyone who abides by its rules and follows its teachings properly. I, for one, am very happy with it, and would like nothing more than to be left alone to practice it as required.

My words may be a bit harsh, but you were 'out of line' with your comment.

Qur'an:

[61:8] Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing) with their mouths: but Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

[9:32] Fain would they extinguish Allah's Light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His Light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

MIAW

Edited by MIAW - 14 February 2018 at 1:14am
Peace maker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace maker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Originally posted by Peace maker Peace maker wrote:

Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

﴿سورة المؤمنون﴾

١٢) وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ سُلَالَةٍ مِنْ طِينٍ

١٣) ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَاهُ نُطْفَةً فِي قَرَارٍ مَكِينٍ

١٤) ثُمَّ خَلَقْنَا النُّطْفَةَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْعَلَقَةَ مُضْغَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْمُضْغَةَ عِظَامًا فَكَسَوْنَا الْعِظَامَ لَحْمًا ثُمَّ أَنْشَأْنَاهُ خَلْقًا آخَرَ ۚ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ

[Quran Chapter 23]

12. We created man from an extract of clay.

13. Then We made him a seed, in a secure repository.

14. Then We developed the seed into a clot. Then We developed the clot into a lump. Then We developed the lump into bones. Then We clothed the bones with flesh. Then We produced it into another creature. Most Blessed is Allah, the Best of Creators.here in this verse whole human embryo development is mentioned which was discovered by scientists in 1900's,this cannot be said by prophet Muhammad Saw (Pbuh),it was mentioned by Allah

A embrio does not developed from a blood clot, but from "a male cell and a female cell" and God created the first man out of the "dust of the earth" blood clots you get when your blood thickens in your veins.

Where in the above verse do you see it saying: "A embrio does developed from a blood clot"??

These verses that you are commenting on are further proof that Muhammad PBUH was indeed a Prophet and Messenger of Allah. Otherwise how could he have described these stages of foetus development in great detail when there was no scientific knowledge to speak of, no microscopes and when the world was in the dark ages?

Modern scientists from across the world are amazed at the accuracy of the Qur'an in using this precise term 'clot'.

In fact, when women have a miscarriage, that is exactly what they see: a 'clot':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQlQqf3TXCU

https://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/pregnancy-64/early-pregnancy-537/897472-very-confused-miscarriage-blood-clot-advice-please.html

How did Muhammad PBUH know these details? Where did he acquire this detailed knowledge from? Answer: from our Lord Allah SWT.

https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-a.htm

Seed developed into embrio not a blood clot.
jazzyj7 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzyj7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 3:37pm
Muslims- so in Islam they believe Allah sent Jabril(Angel Gabriel) to Muhammad and that's where he got revelations on islam but the first time you hear about the angel Gabriel in the Bible is with the prophet Daniel. Daniel was before Jesus which means he's way before Muhammad so if the quran doesn't align with the book of Daniel then you can prove it's a imposter angel. The Bible say's satan disguises himself as a angel of light. In Daniel chapter 9 the angel comes to Daniel and gives him a prophecy, the messiah will be cut off, not for himself and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and sanctuary. Jesus was killed not for himself but for the world and then in 70AD that's when the romans came and destroyed the city and the sanctuary just like the bible says. In Daniel chapter7:13 He gets a vision of one like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven, He was given authority, glory, and soverign power, all nations and people of every language worshipped him and his dominion is a everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will be destroyed. This is talking about when Jesus returns at his 2nd comeing to rule on earth as king of kings and lord of lords that's when all the nations will "worship him." In the quran this is obviously a conflicting message because they don't believe any man should be worshipped so therefore the angel that Muhammad encountered can not be real angel Gabriel considering Daniel encounterd the angel before him. once again, the Bible says satan disguises himself as a angel of light. In Isaiah it gives you the 5 pointed plan of the devil. 1. I will ascend into heaven 2. I will exalt my throne above the stars of god. 3 I will sit in the mount of congregation in the utter most parts of the north. 4 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds. 5 I will be like the most high. satan wanted to accomplish two things with islam 1. mess up the identity of god. 2. remove the cross which is mans salvation. He has muslims praying 5 times a day to mock them because they are oblivious of his 5 pointed plan to be like the most high.

Atheist- Satan used the opposite foundation of the reverse trick to take you back to the original lie within your minds. If you go back into the bible In the garden of eden you will see that it was two trees. Tree of knowledge of good and evil and Gods tree of life. Put the original lie at the root of the tree of knowledge of good and evil symbolically. Surely you will not die when ye eat therof, your eyes will be opened, ye will become as god, knowing good and evil. What was produced on the exterior was sin, death, wickidness, fall of man, nakedness. Now remove gods tree of life from the garden and replace it with the modern day tree of life(tree of evolution) The bait the trap at the root to get you to eat is fact, logic, reason, science, intelligence, Once you take the bait and become atheist what's produced on the exterior is the original lie. Your eyes are opened(something came from nothing) ye will become as god(you remove god from the equation you become your own god), knowing good and evil(you can be a good person without believing in god) Surely death is not eternal. All that is within your inner subconscious from taking the bait of fact, logic, reason, science, intelligence. Opposite foundation, reverse trap because the interior is the exterior and the exterior is the interior(formula) to take you back to the original lie within your subconscious. Satan set up a dummy god in the east to counter the real god and a dummy tree of life in the west to counter gods tree of life. Blessed is the one who is victorious for he will be granted access to eat from the tree of life which is in the paradise of god.
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 9:20pm

Quote Asep
There are some non-Muslims who really don't like the teachings of Islam, so they always try to make Muslims not united. Because according to them, if Muslims unite will win including in knowledge other than religion.
It's more about sending planes into skyscrapers, killing the "Charly Hebdo" team because they depicted Muhammad their way, this "best religion" thinking (and the superiority complex that goes with it), accompanied by sulky muslims believing that the whole world is:

A) against them
B) Deluded, because they don't realize how smashing the Quran is.

Actually, in my European world people care roughly as much about Muhammad's teachings (or rather as little) as they do about the Shinto or the Dogon religion or Voodoo.

Airmano

Airmano,

The religion of Islam is not a religion that teaches violence, again I say not a religion about violence, as for those who commit violence eg ISIS and others, it may be there's a reason that makes them do so.

The Qur'an does not teach people to kill each other, in essence the Qur'an only invites people to monotheism (tauheed), that is to worship only to Allah (one God). Then all Muslims are commanded to convey and explain the Qur'an, and not necessarily by coercion, because the guidance (hidayah) belongs only to Allah.

Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 6:16am
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

...That's not what I see in my environment...

Then I would urge you to change your environment quickly... because 'hatred' does not allow for good reasoning...

Quote ...It's more about sending planes into skyscrapers, killing the "Charly Hebdo" team because they depicted Muhammad their way...

You are barking up the wrong tree here; go tell the extremists who committed those crimes, for this is an 'Interfaith dialogue'... not an opportunity for you to have a 'dig' about incidents where many innocent victims (Muslims and Non-Muslims) lost their lives or their loved ones. Have some respect. You won't find me smearing all Christian/Jewish populations with atrocities committed by some Christian/Jewish 'nut job'. We are all victims in the middle of this 'war' between two extremist poles who are engaging in tit-for-tat attacks (not on each other unfortunately, but on all of us in the middle, regardless of our faith , skin colour, age, gender or background).

Quote ... Actually, in my European world people care roughly as much about Muhammad's teachings (or rather as little) as they do about the Shinto or the Dogon religion or Voodoo.

Airmano

Really?.. Is that why Islam is the fastest growing 'religion/way of life' in Europe and the world?

You don't have to go very far... Just google the following questions:

What is Europe's fastest growing religion?

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/16/world/islam-fastest-growing-religion-trnd/index.html

But more importantly... do you know the reason for: why is Islam the world's fastest growing religion?

Some western media will talk about birth rates and demographics... but the real reason is that people are not st**id; they know where the truth is. People have grown tired of religions that don't make sense, where there are many Gods running the show (too many cooks an' all that), a God who has a son (i.e. a family!), a God who drinks alcohol...etc.

Islam has all the 'answers to questions' that other religions don't have. The right answers to individuals' and societies' problems.

This is no 'superiority complex'... Islam is a 'clean' and 'very reasonable' way of life, for anyone who abides by its rules and follows its teachings properly. I, for one, am very happy with it, and would like nothing more than to be left alone to practice it as required.

My words may be a bit harsh, but you were 'out of line' with your comment.

Qur'an:

[61:8] Their intention is to extinguish Allah's Light (by blowing) with their mouths: but Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

[9:32] Fain would they extinguish Allah's Light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His Light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

MIAW

Airmano responded to;

Quote Asep

As such it is reasonable to tell you what the simplifed perception of Islam is in the West.

You then go on to prove his point.

Edited by Tim the plumber - 14 February 2018 at 6:16am
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 2:37pm
Quote Airmano
It's more about sending planes into skyscrapers, killing the "Charly Hebdo" team because they depicted Muhammad their way...

Asep:

Wow, apparently a neuralgic spot.
First, where did I say that I agree with this point of view ? My sentence started with: "in my environment..."   

OK, but since you kindly asked me I give you my opinion about the situation:

I do fully realize that "the standard muslim" does not exist. There is of course a wide range between tolerant sufis and hardcore islamists. Actually I have never seen such a inhomogeneous belief system, since everybody seems to knit his or her interpretation and the vast choice of (contradicting) surahs and Hadiths allows everybody to feel happy with his interpretation. (That much about "a clear book") This is probably because there is no central authority as it is the case in the Roman catholic church.   

Your point that Muslims suffer the most from Muslim attacks may even be correct, but this doesn't take the point away that the aggressors are majoritarily Muslims (or didn't they do the Schahāda according to you ?) I equally doubt that there have been many Muslims in the Charly Hebdo team or in the Bataclan.
Now you can of course (and may be to a certain extend even rightly) accuse me of giving european (or call it Christian lives if you want) a higher value as Muslims lives. But before you raise your voice too high: where is the Muslim outcry to the situation where Christians may be the most persecuted religious group in the world (and especially in Muslim countries, including Aseps) nowadays ? You and your brothers in faith don't seem to be particularly bothered by this subject either.
When it comes to atrocities I think we're on par: I understand the Muslim outrage about the crusades and Mr. Bush attacking Iraq. What amazes me however is how uncontested the historical imperial Muslim conquests are looked at within the Muslim world. The slave system the Muslim established (starting at day zero with Muhammad) was probably worse than the european one has ever been. Even the word "slave" goes back to -you name it- the muslims. This is not to say "we are better" but please open your eyes to the dark sides of Muslim history as well and may be we can talk on a eye to eye level were both sides admit that they (morally) failed.

Now a last but in my eyes very important point in this context: Many Muslims claim -almost delightfully- that atheists have killed more men than any other religious group. Clearly: Stalin, Mao, Hitler and Pol Pot seem to support this theory.
Since 9/11 and even more Isis this vision of moral superiority of the Muslims has however taken a serious hit. Of course can you argue "they haven't understood Islam", but I grew up in divided Germany and at the time the western communists argued when the subject came onto the failed eastern communist system: "they haven't understood Marx/Communism". Sounds familiar ? It should !

If you still insist on the cynical calculation that by numbers Isis has killed less people than Hitler:
Correct, but if they had had a full blown arsenal of (nuclear) weapons, do you really doubt that they would have hesitated one single second to kill (in the name of Allah) a maximum number of Kuffars- likely at a much higher number than Hitler ever did ?
Of course, the Islamic state has been defeated as it seems, but morally it is Islam which has been permanently discredited, like it or not. Where has the muslim community been to stop these butchers ?
The moral damage which Isis did to Islam is IMHO as strong -or as weak if you prefer- as the one Stalin or Pol Pot did to the communist ideology, and Islam will eventually go down the same trodden path.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Airmano
... Actually, in my European world people care roughly as much about Muhammad's teachings (or rather as little) as they do about the Shinto or the Dogon religion or Voodoo.

Miaw:
You don't have to go very far... Just google the following questions: What is Europe's fastest growing religion?

Funny, in your writing you get excited about my statement on the Muslim "superiority complex" but in what you wrote you give a full blown proof of exactly that. Let me extract some of your key claims (and superlatives):

1) Fastest growing religion, Some western media will talk about birth rates and demographics...
[Islam is so convincing that everybody flocks in]
2) Islam is [the] truth. [Implying all others are wrong]
3) Islam has all the 'answers to questions' that other religions don't have
4) People have grown tired of [their respective] religions.

Now there are two ways to look at it: either you are right and in this case one may argue that your wording is correct or it is "superiority thinking".

Taking your own(!) CNN link above I find as explanation for the growth of Islam:
Why? Muslim women have more children, on average -- 3.1 children compared to 2.3 for all other religious groups combined, Pew says.
So no "Islam grows because everybody wants to be in" whatsoever. Your own link !
Worse even: The guy in your link who talks about how smashing Islam is, sits now in a prison in France and is accused of rape by several women. Sounds like a bad start. Moral superiority ?

Let's look at what (the so much hated) Wiki has to say:
Religious conversion has little impact on Muslim population, since the number of people who convert to or leave Islam are roughly equal. (Wiki gives also sources to where the info comes from)
hm, it's getting worse !
There are even viscous people claiming that it is neither Islam nor Christianity
That Jehovah's Testimonies and the Mormons claim the same won't surprise you either. If you really push it you can even find: sites about Muslims claiming that Islam is fading at a record rate.
Wow !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's look at number two: "Islam is Truth"
Well, all religions claim this to a certain extend. It is a statement which is logically as disprovable as the celestial teapot. However the proof is on the claimers side and you have absolutely none.
BTW: More than 3/4 of the world population did so-far not get convinced by it either.
This statement is at best worthless, but definitely pretentious.

Looking again at your(!) Link you find this guy, title and link:
Reza Aslan: Why I am a Muslim.
There you find the sentence: " I know better than to take the truth claims of any religion (including my own) too seriously."
Something to think about, isn't it ?
BTW: I have absolutely no problem with his view on Islam and religion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Islam has all the 'answers to questions' that other religions don't have

Did you ever tell this a Christian, Buddhist an Aboriginal or a Dogon face to face ?
I don't know whether you did, but I promise you that all would feel your statement as being displaced and arrogant.

----------------------------------------------------

4) People have grown tired of [their respective] religions

Again as before a heavy form of wishful (and pretentious) thinking and I guess that you never tested your own theory.
In any case it is not supported by the facts. (Or would you have any ?)

---------------------------------------------------------------

To conclude: In your own writing you give a rather clear prove of this "sulky superiority thing". Now, when it comes to 'superiority complex' let's see (again) what Wiki has to say about it:

...is a psychological defense mechanism that compensates for an inferiority complex

And this is what it is really all about:

The absence of intellectual, scientific and even moral progress brought by the Muslim world in the last 700 years. Arabic as former lingua franca ? Not anymore.

In essence the famous:
Allah gave us the "best religion in the world" but why doesn't he support us [anymore] ?

I let you ponder about this question.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 14 February 2018 at 4:01pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Originally posted by 2Acts 2Acts wrote:

Hi Asep
Can you please tell me what the external factors are ?

2Act,

There are some non-Muslims who really don't like the teachings of Islam, so they always try to make Muslims not united. Because according to them, if Muslims unite will win including in knowledge other than religion. Maybe someday there will be other additional factors.

When will it be that Moslems start to accept that the reason the Islamic world is not united or in any way leading the world is very little to do with the outside world and all to do with the people in the Islamic world.

You Moslems should also note that besides taking responsibility for your own political state the understanding that the West has triumphed not through unity but through disunity. It is our competition with each other at every level that has resulted in this industrial, scientific and cultural conquest of the world.

Tim the plumber,

In Islam, the unity is very important because it's the command of God, and if it is violated it will complicate the internal Muslims themselves as described in the Qur'an, then if there are differences of opinion but not to cause division, that will result in improvements. but if there are differences of opinion that cause division, then besides it is prohibited by God, it will also result in many difficulties.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic