Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Asia-Pacific
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Regional : Asia-Pacific  
Message Icon Topic: Moving and living in Thailand Post Reply Post New Topic
joseph23
Male Christian
Starter.
Starter.

Online Status: Offline
Quote joseph23 Replybullet Topic: Moving and living in Thailand
    Posted: 09 January 2018 at 4:30am
I’ve decided to move and live in Bangkok, Thailand to be with my future wife. I met my wife through a singles tour held by A Foreign Affair in Bangkok. Now that we’re getting married and I want to start a family the thought of expenses has started to weigh on me.

I want us to stay in Bangkok due to living expenses being more affordable compared to living here in California.

I want my future kids to grow up in an environment where they would fully grasp the importance of family and respect for elders. I want my kids to feel that coming home to us would feel like a natural thing to do and not because it’s the holidays, birthdays and etc.

I guess I’m a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to this issue since I also rarely visit my parents… but after meeting my fiancé and her family, seeing as how they are close to each other made me realize that I want that kind of family too.

I’d like to ask anyone here who are living in Bangkok regarding employment. Is it hard to find a job in the IT industry (software engineer with 7 years’ experience)?

I’d like to get employment before moving.

Do I need to be fluent in Thai before applying?

Thank in advance for your input!

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version