IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can Cats possibly see Jinns? (questions)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can Cats possibly see Jinns? (questions)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andalver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can Cats possibly see Jinns? (questions)
    Posted: 20 December 2017 at 3:07pm
Assalamualaikum brothers & sisters,

I'm from Indonesia, I'm new to this forum. I have 6 cats at home at the moment and one of them been acting weird.

I personally would identify myself as skeptic, I believe Jinns do exist but I don't think cat can see or interact with them.

One of my cat been acting so weird lately, and this is not the first time. Several time I noticed him acting weird into one of the painting we have in our living room. The painting shows 2 female dancing (traditional Indonesian dance) with their eyes on fire. One of the female is on her knee and the other one standing.

lukisandiruangtamu by Andalver's, on Flickr[/IMG]

The painting is next to our bathroom door. Several time my cat stare at it, but the weird thing is as he walks closer as if he sees something under or behind the painting. He scratch the wall and try to climb the wall as if he was trying to reach or catch something. It looked to me that he tried to touch this unseen creature on the wall but then he stop and looks scared. He suddenly come over to my feet afterwards.

He did this confusing things several times. Several days before, I woke up around 3am and around that time he suddenly climbed the trellis and looked out of the window, I checked outside and I saw nothing but he climbed and looked outside the window aggressively (the curtain half open). Couple weeks before, he looked at the painting and start making weird voice like chanting, sounds like "tatatatatatata" he looked insecure and aggressive at this time.

I haven't heard or witnessed any hadith specifically discusses this topic. Based on what I know dogs and donkeys can witness jinns but nothing about cats.

If I witness this again I will record it and post it here.

Edited by andalver - 20 December 2017 at 3:39pm
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2017 at 2:41am
Quote I personally would identify myself as skeptic, I believe Jinns do exist but I don't think cat can see or interact with them.

Not much of a skeptic really.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2017 at 6:41am
I have a more benign explanation, that your cat needs to get outdoors more.
andalver View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andalver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2017 at 3:48pm
Thanks for the explanation! I will give them more time playing outdoor
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by andalver andalver wrote:

Thanks for the explanation! I will give them more time playing outdoor

Assalamu'alaikum andalver,

Rasulullah Shalallahu "alaihi wasallam said:

"When you hear a dog barking and hear a donkey braying, it's a sign thay are asking for Allah's protection. Verily they see what you don't see. "(Narrated by Abu Dawud and Ahmad)

Rasulullah Shalallahu "alaihi wasallam said:

"When you hear a chicken's voice, it's a sign ask for grace to Allah because that chicken sees an angel, and when you hear a donkey neighing, then take refuge in Allah from satan because seeing satan." (Sahih, narrated by Bukhari and Muslim).

Behavior of animals

When an animal sees something invisible, the animals will certainly behave strangely. Donkeys, cats and dogs are frightened at the sight of demons because they also have incredibly sensitive instincts of danger.

Based on Research

The words of the Prophet Muhammad came from centuries ago, but it turns out that scientists can prove it in real terms lately. A study from the Journal Public Library of Science ONE in 2010 and found and suggested that the chicken has an additional retinal cone compared with humans. This allows the poultry to distinguish additional colors and a phenomenon.

Joseph Corbo, a scientist from Washington University in St. Louis, said the ability to see the color comes from a special light cell found in the retina of the chicken's eye. These cells are allegedly able to detect different wavelengths of light.

The ability of the human visual system is limited. In this case it is actually different with the animal visual system, among others as mentioned above ie dogs, cats, donkeys and chickens. The view of the human eye is limited and can not see what is under infrared light or over ultraviolet light.

Thus, some of the animals can see with their infrared rays, while the demon itself comes from a genie (jinn) created from fire. It means, devil include in infra red scope. Therefore, the animal can see the devil, but can not see the angel except chicken (roosters)

As for the rooster is able to see ultraviolet light, while angels are created from light, meaning worth the ultraviolet rays. Therefore, the angel can be seen by the rooster.

This explains why the devil escape when Allah's Name is mentioned, the cause is because the angels come to the place when called the Name of Allah, so the devils escape. In other words, if the ultraviolet light meets with infrared in one place, then the infrared fades.

We often listen to the rooster crowing at the time between 02.00 - 04.30 which is the span of time for doing qiyamul-lail or tahajjud. Likewise, when the sun rises, there are many rooster crows, but not because of the sun but they see the angels who are praying for Muslims who have done Subuh prayer and sharing Allah's sustenance.

In another hadith narrated by Ahmad, 6/110; shahih)

"I once asked 'A'ishah about the prayer of the Prophet sallallaahu' alaihi wa sallam in the night, then she replied:" When he heard the rooster crow, he woke up and prayed (shalat)"

Allah Almighty All-Knowing.

Minah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 11:46am
Late reply, but the reason why this is happening is because jinns can go into anything hanged up or on display if it has eyes. Wether it’s a statue, painting etc so for this to stop cover the eyes on the painting or take it down and you’re cat will stop seeing it
HarisP View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarisP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2020 at 6:58am
It is haram to posses pictures of animate beings, angels do not enter houses in which there are pictures, cats can see demons (jinns). Considering your situation it is safe to say that you could easily have jinn inhabiting your house because A) there are no angels in your house to prevent jinn from entering and B) the picture is near a toilet, their favourite place of gathering in someone's house, because it's filthy. I suggest you get rid of that picture and recite Qur'an because it drives them away. 
quranhomeschool View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quranhomeschool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2020 at 6:31am
"Enrich the Quran with your (great) voices." (Mishkat) Whenever we present Quran or hear The Quran being recounted, we are loaded up with profound peacefulness. The lovely solid of recitation unquestionably influences our hardened hearts and melts our anxious spirits. It is an incredible supernatural occurrence of this Holy Book, even individuals not realizing the Arabic language begin feeling a kind of association with the streaming sound of Quran recitation.

Quranhomeschool-com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic