IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bringing an end to the conflict  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bringing an end to the conflict

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bringing an end to the conflict
    Posted: 17 December 2017 at 3:59am
It hard for me and my fellow Americans to understand why America and some of the Islamic nation are battling each other and not trying to sit down and reason the current i.e. terrorism against Americans/America, out. In factI recall that Yasser Arafat, the former head of the PLO, had the opportunity to sit down and talk it out with his opponents who were willing to compromise. All he had to do was convince those of his followers to stop the suicide attacks so that the talks could start and he chose not to. From my point of view that's being stubborn and working against his people. So what if he didn't get what he wanted? He could always start up the attacks if that was the case. All he had to do was stop if lone enough to see if the talks got him where he wanted to go. So why didn't he do that?

In fact I'm very willing myself to do what I can to do the same thing today with those Muslims who oppose the US. We (i.e. Americans) will not negotiate with terrorists. But that doesn't mean that we won't negotiate with a representative of Islam. In fact I'm all for it. Americans in general just don't understand why we're hated so much. If its because the US government supports Israel and has troops in Afghanistan and Iraq then no reasonable person can deny that we have the right to defend ourselves and once we're certain that we're safe from terrorism, i.e. it ends once and for all, then its a certainty that we'll pull our troops out of there and bring them home where we'd rather have them be.

Anybody willing to help me reach that goal? It may not work. After all I'm only one person. But I'm sure I can get my congresswomen to at least hear me and that's a start.

I look forward to hearing feedback on this.

Thank you.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2018 at 11:55am
Just for a moment try to look at the situation from the view point of the other side.

The Palistinians have had their land taken and continue to have their land taken by an American backed Jewish state founded on terrorism. You ask then to stop resisting an allow even more to be taken?

The other Islamics look at their culture and see it under attack from all sides. The impotence of any reply is extremely frustrating and understandable. This is both physically when drones piloted from a base in some mid-western town drops a bomb 5,000 miles away and culturally when they look at their nations and see that they all are less developed than the Western ones.

Personally  I consider the amount of kick back from the overpowering cultural invaison currently happening to be surprisingly mild. My grandmother would not have been seen out without her hair being covered to some degree. To expect the Islamic world to be the same as California today is unreasonable.

This is from me, an atheist who would like the Islamic world to be like California but without the mad American obsession with guns. And less mad in general.

Edited by Tim the plumber - 08 January 2018 at 11:56am
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Pete Pete wrote:

I look forward to hearing feedback on this.

Pete,

I think maybe you should first know the history and root case that exist in the territory that is being contested from the past until now, and as far as the knowledge I get from several sources is as follows:

Around 1922, Britain had conducted a population census of the region and its population comprised of approximately: 589,177 Muslims, 83,790 Jews, 71,464 Christians and 7,617 others. After the second census in 1931, the population has grown to a total of 1,036,339, consisting of 761,922 Muslims, 175,138 Jews, 89,134 Christians and 10,145 others.

Around 1945, a demographic study showed that the total population has risen to about 1,061,270 Muslims, 553,600 Jews, 135,550 Christians and 14,100 people of other faiths, or + - Muslims (60%), Jews (31%), Christians ( 8%), others (1%)

Background of dispute between Palestine and Israel.

The conflict between Palestine and Israel has been going on since 1947. It was precisely in May, the division of territory between Israel and Palestine has been implemented by the United Nations. The result of the territory division is 54% of the territory submitted to Israel while the rest for Palestine is 46%. If viewed in terms of the number of inhabitants that exist between Israel and Palestine, the percentage of Israeli society that the Jewish nation is only about 31.5% of the population. This led to a backlash from the Palestinian people who fought for independence in their own land. While the Jews consider the division that has been done is not enough. They want a larger area. Since then the widespread terror against the Palestinian people. take place. On 9 April 1948 a massacre was launched, an attack by the Irqun militia and as many as 259 people were killed. Then on May 14, 1948 the Jews declared their independence as an Israeli state. the Jews want their own country to stand on the land while in the land also inhabited the Palestinians. The population of the Jewish people at that time was only about 56,000 thousand while the Palestinians about 1,000,000 people.

This dispute continues to go along with the pressure made by the Israeli authorities. The Israeli army attacked one of them is Ramallah, in the West Bank, Palestine. Israel started the blockade in Ramallah by sending members of the Egoz Battalion. Israeli soldiers hunt down Palestinians especially those considered as terrorists Such conditions make Palestinian citizens and officials angry. Moreover, the world's response, especially the United States is very slow. In fact, almost nothing is meant to stop the occupation in the heart of Palestine. In that city, since 1996, the Palestinian people who felt driven away from the area they lived for hundreds of years finally resisted against Israel so that the war emerged between 1948, 1967 and 1971. The struggle of the Palestinian people to reclaim its territory joined in a organization that is PLO.

In September 1982 there was a massacre of Palestinian refugees in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps that killed about 2700 refugees in just over an hour. Palestine itself eventually formed a militia known as the Intifada. The resistance of the Palestinian people has been rolling since 1987. Israel itself sought to dampen its efforts to grant concessions to the Oslo agreement in 1993 on an agreement between Israel and the Palestinians that would provide an opportunity for independence for the Palestinian nation had been violated in 1998.

The Palestinian people's hope for independence with the founding of Palestine in the West Bank and Gaza Strip with the capital of East Jerusalem turned out to be a failure because the agreement was violated by Israel. The Intifada's resistance flared in late September 2001 after a clash between Palestinians and Israelis was triggered by the arrival of Ariel Sharon who was held responsible for the massacre at Sabra and Shatila refugee camps. Until now the conflict between Palestine and Israel continues while repeated peace agreements have been made between the two sides but continue to fail due to violations committed by Israel.

In terms of economic power capable of supporting the onset of conflict with armed forces, Israel automatically needs funds and weapons, and the United States has supported Israel since the 1950s when the start of anti-imperialist opposition by Arab countries.

In May 1947, the United Nations has divided the territory of the dispute, but the division of territory that has been done can not satisfy both sides, while Israel gets financial support and weapons from third parties. And finally until now the conflict continues to happen.

In my personal opinion the conflict will never cease on the grounds that Allah has explained in the Qur'an about what will happen in the future including the disputes between Palestine and Israel, the information is contained in the Qur'an 17: 4-7, not everyone can translate such the word of God even not all Muslims, only those who understand about the contents of the Qur'an and the words of His Apostle.

hopefully will be an afterthought for you.

Asep Garut.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic