IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What does Islam say about PAUL? MARY MAG?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does Islam say about PAUL? MARY MAG?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bismarck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does Islam say about PAUL? MARY MAG?
    Posted: 28 March 2006 at 10:48pm
I would like to know what Islam says about Paul, "the Apostle to the
Gentiles".

Is Paul mentioned explicitly in the Holy Qur'an? In Hadiths? I get the
impression that Islam rejects Paul, and I'm wondering how strongly that
might be held, and upon what it might be based.

Along the same lines, what does Islam say about Mary Magdalene? For
example, some claim -- rightly or wrongly -- that Mary Magdalene was
the Messiah's wife, and therefore, as it were, the Lady of Ladies and
Queen of Queens
. This is, of course, a dramatically different picture of
her than that portrayed by Rome, who calls her a fallen woman, a rather
dramatic reversal.

Also, while I'm on the topic, what does Islam say about the Messiah
himself? Was the Messiah ever violent? Did he advocate the use of force
of arms to oust the Romans? Or is the "Spiritual Messiah" picture of him,
as in Christianity, essentially right?

Thanks in advance for whomever's time, I look forward to reading your
response.

-Bismarck
Jeera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 6:30am

"I would like to know what Islam says about Paul, "the Apostle to the
Gentiles".

Is Paul mentioned explicitly in the Holy Qur'an? In Hadiths? I get the
impression that Islam rejects Paul, and I'm wondering how strongly that might be held, and upon what it might be based."

Answers:

Islam and Quran do not mention Paul and Mary Magdalene or others.  Paul is not at all mentioned in Quran and Hadith.

Quran just tells us that Jesus was sent as a Prophet to all on Earth. It does not talk about others. It only mentions Zecharias and Mary only when narrating about Jesus.

As Quran is the word of God to Mohammad, one will never find any backbiting about any lady by name. Only Mariam (Mary) has the honour of being the only most devout woman mentioned in Quran by name.

"Along the same lines, what does Islam say about Mary Magdalene?"

Islam does not say anything about Paul and Mary Magdalene but Muslims do write and talk about them after reading material from the Bible and Christians.

Islam does not say that Jesus was violent. In fact it does not say that about any prophet.

realclubone View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realclubone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 4:00am
I think there is a verse in the Quran talking about Mary Magdalene. It tells the hole story about her.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2013 at 11:15pm
Surah Al Mariyam ch 19 says about Mary, in ch 3 v 47 of Quran Allah says to Mary to bow down in front of him.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 10:07am
Mary Magdalene is not mentioned in the Quran.This is the women that Jesus cured when she had a devil in her probably a jinn.As for Paul i need to correct you about him being an Apostle.He was a self appointed Apostle who destroyed the teachings of Jesus.He is not mentioned in the Quran.
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2013 at 4:57am

Saul , Shaool , Paul the 13th Self -Appointed Apostle Never -Ever met Isa , Yashu'a , Jesus , The Prophet / Messiah son of Mary . Nor can his name or Mary Madalene be found in the Doctrine of Islam .

One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Abu Ahmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2014 at 2:57am
"What does Islam say about PAUL?"

This verse is found in the Qur'an:

O you who have believed, be supporters of Allah , as when Jesus, the son of Mary, said to the disciples, "Who are my supporters for Allah?" The disciples said, "We are supporters of Allah." And a faction of the Children of israel believed and a faction disbelieved. So We supported those who believed against their enemy, and they became dominant. Qur'an 61:14

This corresponds with 2TIM Where Paul is writing to his one & only 'friend' as the disciples have succeeded in debunking his "crucified christ" in Asia minor (Northern syria, Turkey)

II Timothy 1:15 YOU KNOW THAT EVERYONE IN THE PROVINCE OF ASIA HAS DESERTED ME......

Paul was never a true believer. He was theologically at war with the 12 disciples. He hated them muchly & curses them in his letters.

Galatians 1:6-12 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel� 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God�s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God�s curse!

Paul never preached the Gospel of Jesus -

GAL 1:11-12 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Paul preached a crucified christ & the disciples preached the Gospel of Jesus.

1 Cor 1:23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.

a stumbling block to Jews?? Why is a crucified christ a stumbling block for the Disciples - those whom Paul curses several times in his letters?

And [We cursed them] for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander, And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Qur'an 4:156-7

Edited by Sandshoes - 13 January 2014 at 5:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic