IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - keeping different usernames  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedkeeping different usernames

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 10:44pm
for example, ' herijad ' sounds like male.
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 10:50pm

later, by reading one of the posts, I got to know that ' herjihad ' is female.

Thus, a lot of confusion is created.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

Just provide your real name. Thats it.

My name is ...bond.... james bond...
mohammad View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 1:37am

First of all well come to you br. Salman in the I.C forum & I do agree with you that we have no need to hide the original name but if some one want to not show his/her original name no problem but they should keep their neck name / user name which easily can understandable by their gender. I have also many times calls some one as a brother & latterly it reveals that is not bro. but sister. Afterwards I am avoiding using the bro. or sister with those names which are not clear by their gender.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 4:29am

Assalamu Alaikum!

If a user name doesn't, at the first glance, show your gender, to what extent can it help even further in the struggle of one's privacy protection amid global online onslaught? Or, that would be irrelevant. May be, brother ak_m_f can answer that. 

By the way, I have my user name "peacemaker" to imply that it could be any "man" or "woman", any human being, who could take the stand to become peacemaker when there is so much war and violence on this planet. The purpose is just to show the cause.

Another thing is Canadians are internationally known as peacekeepers. As a Canadian, I want to look like what Canada stands for its noble cause. Oh yes, I am against its presence in Afghanistan.  And it is also what our Prophet ( SAW ) was all about, peacemaker. His priority was always to make peace unless forced to go for war ( jihad ).

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 5:53am

Bismillah,

Mishmish, Mr. Bond told me it was the red dog by the lake!  What should I do????

Firewall3, sorry for being lazy.  Brother Salman, sorry you thought I was a guy named Jihad that belonged to Her!  We should both and all not be lazy and just click on the user profile and hopefully that will answer whether we are male or female or Muslim or Jew.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:00am

Bismillah,

Okay.  I checked and realized that there was really nothing in my profile to indicate that I am a Sister in Islaam.  So I have modified my signature and profile to remedy this.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 6:20am
Originally posted by mohammad mohammad wrote:

First of all well come to you br. Salman in the I.C forum & I do agree with you that we have no need to hide the original name but if some one want to not show his/her original name no problem but they should keep their neck name / user name which easily can understandable by their gender. I have also many times calls some one as a brother & latterly it reveals that is not bro. but sister. Afterwards I am avoiding using the bro. or sister with those names which are not clear by their gender.

assalamualaikum

i am glad to meet a Pakistani. but i am sad at the signature which you have kept, stating that Indians are terrorists. It is Pakistan who starts cross border terrorism, not India. The militant groups ' Lashkar - e - Tayeba ' and ' Hisbul Mujahideen ' are from Pakistan, not India. Also, there are more muslims in India than in Pakistan.

alhamdulillah the peace process is moving in forward direction. If Pakistanis like you make accusations on Indians claiming they are terrorists, the peace process cannot move forward. both the sides want peace.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic