IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - keeping different usernames  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedkeeping different usernames

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: keeping different usernames
    Posted: 26 March 2006 at 4:19am

assalamualaikum muslim friends

i don't understand why we muslims keep different usernames for purpose of chatting, communicating and such other things while surfing the net. why don't we keep our real names. i don't say that we should give our private information but at least we can keep our usernames as our what our real names are.

on the day of judgement we will be called by our names.

Allah has given us such good names.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 8:57am

Bismillah,

Subhana Allah, I admire the people who use their real names and are comfortable with that here.

Tim Evans mentioned this before, and I will restate that I prefer the privacy it allows for a few reasons.  1) I like giving Homeland Security and the CIA and FBI a harder time tracking me.  2) There are some odd people in this world and some of them have shown up here and threatened some of us and will continue to do so in the future 3) My nickname has special meaning to me -- My jihad is to care for my children and family.  I love the word and the name Jihad and enjoy this chance for people to see that it has beautiful meanings and should be understood and not reviled and disrespected.

Peace!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 11:54am

Assalamu alaikum/Peace,

The nature of internet that open for everybody worldwide. This forum is public forum that everybody have access. Hiding your real identity may needed to protect your privacy. If your provide too much detail of your info, there is posibility peoples out there that utilize your info to do  bad things that may harm you or others. You still  can exchange your real info via PM.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 11:59am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Subhana Allah, I admire the people who use their real names and are comfortable with that here.

Tim Evans mentioned this before, and I will restate that I prefer the privacy it allows for a few reasons.� 1) I like giving Homeland Security and the CIA and FBI a harder time tracking me.� 2) There are some odd people in this world and some of them have shown up here and threatened some of us and will continue to do so in the future 3) My nickname has special meaning to me -- My jihad is to care for my children and family.� I love the word and the name Jihad and enjoy this chance for people to see that it has beautiful meanings and should be understood and not reviled and disrespected.

Peace!

You can be traced with ur IP address.

If you really want to remain unknown on internet do the following things:

Dont put any personal info in E-mail,profiles. etc
Dont make anything like hi5, or something.

hide you IP by connecting to 10 - 20 different serves
across the continent.

Dont be online at one time for more then 15 minutes,
Then reconnect after 15 minutes using different IP

After following the above I am pretty sure no one can track you down on internet.

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 12:20pm

ak_m_f:

you forgot to mention that you have to meet the yellow dog by the rainbow at sunset......

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 3:18pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Br. Salman, I'm Khadija1021 because there are too many who use Khadija as their user on the net.  Although my Muslim name is Khadija, I understand why many choose to use names other than their own on the internet.  I simply would like to know who's a brother and who's a sister so that I can stop looking silly  when I refer to a brother as a sister and visa versa.

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
firewall3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 5:15pm
salman i guess, i just like it. must i have a reason? & i do like my name. but i feel too exposed to be using it here. i have a profile, but that's only if ppl are not too lazy to click it. which i would assume they're too lazy.

ak_m_f thanks for the tips! but still semar & ak_m_f, who in this world wanna track me down anyway. they'd die of boredoom.

herjihad, mishmish, khadija ur username is nice! 

Edited by firewall3
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2006 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

assalamualaikum muslim friends

i don't understand why we muslims keep different usernames for purpose of chatting, communicating and such other things while surfing the net. why don't we keep our real names. i don't say that we should give our private information but at least we can keep our usernames as our what our real names are.

on the day of judgement we will be called by our names.

Allah has given us such good names.

By keeping different usernames other than your real name, how will someone know if you are male or female?

And you members are talking of privacy. In the post I mentioned that there is no need to provide all your private information. Just provide your real name. Thats it.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic