IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - keeping different usernames  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedkeeping different usernames

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 5:29am

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Assalamu Alaikum

As a moderator, I want to point out two problems with this thread.  First, the rule of staying on topic is not being obeyed.  What does our choice of usernames have to do with terrorism?  No, I don�t want anyone to answer that question, it is merely a way to point out how off track this topic has gotten.  In fact, this is happening a lot lately and it is quite disturbing that so many threads are being reduced to bickering which leads me to the second problem which is the lack of practicing good adab.  As a Muslim forum, everyone who comes here is expected to practice appropriate Islamic adab.  That does not simply apply to non-Muslims; it especially applies to Muslims because we should know better than to allow ourselves to lash out at others.  In Surah 2, Ayat 177, Allah commands that we be patient in all things even in times of chaos; that is the sign of the righteous.  No matter what username we choose, or the fact that we are invisible�with the exception of our words�from the rest of the internet community, we are never invisible to Allah.  The ones who Allah commanded to watch over us are with us at all times.

I know it is easy to justify/rationalize our actions by telling ourselves, �But I didn�t start it�; however, we must keep in mind two things.  First, when it comes to bickering, does it matter who �starts� it?  The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:

When two persons indulge in hurling (abuses) upon one another, it would be the first one who would be the sinner so long as the oppressed does not transgress the limits. (Muslim, 032.6263)

So, if we are oppressed (offended) by what another says, we are free from the wrong that comes from applying bad adab only as long as we don�t begin to bicker in return.

Second, we need to pay special attention to our actions, including what we say and how we say it, so that we are not harming others.  Actually, given that this is an internet forum group, what we say and how we say it is especially important because that is all others see.  They don�t know anything else about us but what we allow them to read of our thoughts through the written word.  Sure, we may have had no intention of offending another; however, once we become, even slightly, aware that we are offending another; Inshallah, we will take steps to correct or actions.  This is what good adab calls for.

Brother Salman, with all due respect, there truly is no reason why a person should not choose another name while using the internet as long as they are not doing so as a means to hide their identity in order to do some harmful act towards some other(s).  As I mentioned earlier, even if we don�t use our �real� name, Allah knows all things so if we are saying or doing things believing we are �invisible� we are simply mistaken. 

Brother Mohammad, with all due respect, it is best to simply choose another signature.  No Muslim should say something which may be offensive (oppressive) to another Muslim.  The fact that your signature is offensive to others, including myself, Inshallah, will be an indicator to you that it should be removed and replaced with another signature which does not single out any group in a negative way.

I would like to remind everyone that the Prophet (pbuh) said the following: 

Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbor, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet. (008.073.047, Bukhari)

It is highly likely that none of us who come here to IC forum are neighbors in the literal sense, but we are all neighbors in a very important way.  We are all a part of a global community because of internet technology which we use to come together to discuss and share knowledge of Islam here on IC forum.  Alhamdulillah!!!  We should make our adab here the same as if we have invited someone into our own home as a guest.  We should be generous and kind by carefully choosing our words even if we don�t agree with what the other person says.  The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) never allowed himself to act in anger and when asked for advice, he said:

�Do not become angry and furious.�  The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, �Do not become angry and furious.� (008.073.137, Bukhari)

The fact that the Prophet (pubh) repeated �Do not become angry and furious� again and again indicates just how important it is for us to keep control of ourselves.

Why is this so important?  Because being able to do so is a sign of one who is strong in character.  We see this in the following hadith:

Allah�s Apostle said, �The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger.� (008.073.135, Bukhari)

Being strong in character is a clear sign that we are blessed with good adab.  And one who has good adab will do as the Prophet (pbuh) instructed when he said:

Make things easy for the people, and do not make it difficult for them, and make them calm (with glad tidings) and do not repulse (them).  (008.073.146, Bukhari)

Why should we bother with good abad?  Because, the Prophet said:

The best among you are those who have the best manners and character.  (008.056.759, Bukhari)

And most importantly Allah said:

5:48 To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah. It is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;

18:7 That which is on earth we have made but as a glittering show for the earth, in order that We may test them - as to which of them are best in conduct.

Inshallah we will all remember that this life is a test in order that we will strive harder to apply good adab for the sake of Allah and in doing so, we, the IC forum Ummah, will enjoy the blessing which come from submitting our will to Allah (i.e., Islam).

Before I conclude, I would like to apologize for having to make this post here because I know that adab is not the topic of this post.  However, as a moderator, it is my duty to help create and maintain the decorum of an Islamic cultural society.  I truly love everyone in our Islam cultural �cyber� society for the sake of Allah and pray that each and every one who comes here will, Inshallah, be enriched with the knowledge and understanding of Allah.  May Allah bless each of us for our good deeds, show mercy on us for our misdeeds and bestow upon us the knowledge and understanding to enjoin with the former and forbid the latter.  Ameen!!!

Ashukru-lillahi Rabbil-Alameen Wala- Hawla  Wala Quwata Illa Billah

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
mohammad View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 1:42am

Salman Wrote  "Yes, Israel is terrorist."

Can you tell me why Israel is a terrorist country.

Edited by mohammad
mohammad View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 1:40am

salman wrote:

Yes, I believe Israel and America are terrorists.

I would like to modify my statement.

I am not sure about America.

Yes, Israel is terrorist.

Well done Bro. Salman you are not sure about America, by the way where are you living because after reading your this statment i am sure that your you are not living in this earth but may be another planet. are you.

mohammad View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 1:26am

Salman Wrote

(assalamualaikum

I am glad to meet a Pakistani. but I am sad at the signature which you have kept, stating that Indians are terrorists. It is Pakistan who starts cross border terrorism, not India. The militant groups ' Lashkar - e - Tayeba ' and ' Hisbul Mujahideen ' are from Pakistan, not India. Also, there are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan.

alhamdulillah the peace process is moving in forward direction. If Pakistanis like you make accusations on Indians claiming they are terrorists, the peace process cannot move forward. both the sides want peace.)

I do respect your concern about my signature, I can understand that India is your country and you will feel ghastly when someone call India is a terrorist country regardless what are the facts. Really br. I don�t want to reply your above post if you keep limited yourself only on your concerns but when you went ahead from your concerns and speak in the language like Indian foreign office spokesman and declare our freedom fighter organization as a terrorist organization, & put the baseless blamed that Pakistan are involved in the cross border terrorism then this is beyond of my control to bear the such type of cheaper statements & keep this without reply.

For your correct information I want to tell you that Lashker Taiba & Hizabul Mujideen are not Pakistan based organization but purely Kashmiri freedom fighter organization.

Now I am coming about your concern which you shown on my signature where I mentioned that India is a terrorist country.

First of all we have to define that what is the terrorism?

Terrorism means Any act, which terrifies the any person is called Terrorism. Further we divided the Terrorism in to two categories i.e. Bad Terrorism & Good Terrorism.

I will try to explain the both of these kinds of terrorism by an example ( � we assuming that man �S� tried to kidnap a girl �G� who is coming from the school in mid of the way the man �S� suddenly appeared & tried to kidnap her, unexpectedly she given him the hard resistance. During this a third man we assume this as �F� approached there & helped girl �G� against kidnaper, then kidnaper given up and tried to ran away from the scene).

What we get the conclusion? Here firstly �S� terrified an innocent girl which is the example of the bad terrorism & the another character �F� terrified the �S� but his act will be consider a good terrorism because he save a innocent life from a bad terrorist.

Similarly we have to divide the term of terrorism in two categories, one is the state terrorism & second is group terrorism or some one can be done a terrorist act as an individual. Unfortunately the world is giving the attention only the second one which is a weak kind of terrorism & we are completely ignore the first & most hazard kind of terrorism which is on going by those countries, which some claims the world biggest democratic state & some claims the most civilized nation in the world. If these countries stops the their terrorist acts in the world & stop their illegal occupation & slaughtering  of the innocent people those just asking their rights. Then I think the second kind of the terrorism will be eliminated by itself.

Now I am coming to your point that why I assuming that India is a terrorist country.

Why I add India in the list of terrorism. If I want to simply reply that will be

�India occupy the Kashmir against the will of the Kashmiri people & deputed the half million army to depress those who are asking their basic rights�

India occupies the State of Kashmir from more than fifty years against the will of Kashmiries. We think British Empire are equally responsible for the occupation of Kashmir by India, because if British envoy Lord Mount Batten was fairly implemented the plan which he was declared at 3rd June 1947, in which he disclosed the way of divided the sub-continent. According to this declaration every state of sub-continent having the right of choice either they joined the India or Pakistan according to the will of majority of that particular state. The same rule was implemented in many state of the sub- continent like Bengal, Punjab etc. But only the people of Kashmir were keep deprive with the mutual understanding by the British Envoy & Congress leader. Actually they were aware by this reality that if we implement this rule & give the right of self-determination to the Kashmiries, the majority of Kashmiries will be go in favor of Pakistan, which can not be acceptable for both due to the geographical and economical importance of Kashmir. Kashmir is a very rich territory with the natural resources & God gifted beauty.  As many people are known that Kashmir is the one of the most beautiful part of earth, & that�s the reason Kashmir is known as �Heaven of Earth� in the world.

When Sub-Continent are divided according to the plan of 3rd June 1947 & Pakistan & India came exist as a free states on the world map, but only Kashmiries kept deprive from their basic right of self determination, and put them in status quo position but this situation was not acceptable by the Kashmiri people & they launched  a freedom movement by their self against Meraja who was the ruler of Kashmir at that time, they success to got the occupation from the Meraja forces on major part of the Kashmir & they were near about to take control on the Capital of Kashmir Sirinigar at same time Indian armies landed on Sirinigar airport, and they pushed back the freedom fighter, those have been suffered the shortage of sources like weapons foods etc. but India face a very strong resistance by these freedom fighters, and India was not in position to face this hard resistance long time, while the other hand Pakistan was advocating for their brotherhood rights only on moral basis in front of the world. When India observed that they could not stop this resistance then India find only one way to go in the United Nation. So India went to the United Nation in 1949 for resolving this issue. Then according to the resolution of United Nation at 5th January 1949, India was promised on the forum of United Nation that India will remove their army from the Kashmir & she will give the right of self-determination to the Kashmiri people, and will accept their decision whatever they will make. On behalf of this promise Kashmiri freedom fighter was stop their resistance against Indian occupation.

Instead of this India full fill their commitments which she did before the United Nations, India increase their army in Kashmir, and later on India not only deny to implement the United Nation resolution also claimed that Kashmir is the permanent part of India, which was never.

After this Indian claim, Kashmiries start their movement peacefully by the big rallies, meeting to draw the world attention for their right of self determination, but unfortunately when they saw that by the peaceful demonstration India does not ready to give them their basic right of self determination, nor they success to get the world attention despite of this fact that Pakistan always arise this issue in UN then they again took the weapons in 1989 & striving for the freedom. In spite of this that India deputed the around half million army in Kashmir to depress this movement, more than 90 thousands people are martyred in Kashmir, but they could not succeed to depress this freedom struggle & we believe that our struggle continuous till freedom from the occupier.

Now brother salman & other brothers & sister I put this question in front  all of you that either we should not consider that�s country as a terrorist country which slaughter the thousand of innocent people, those just asking for their basic right, which was also admitted & promised by herself on the forum of united nations. We should not declare that country as a terrorist which was destroyed the 600 yeas old historical Babri Mosque. We should not consider the that�s nation as a terrorist, those extremist give the fire of live Muslim in Gujarat, & govt. not took any action to such kind of barbarity violence 

Peace for all

Edited by mohammad
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by firewall3 firewall3 wrote:

ur talking about oppression. i'd say go help a charity organisations.�

I do.
firewall3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 11:12pm
ur talking about oppression. i'd say go help a charity organisations. 
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

Just see what ak_m_f has stated regarding India and Pakistan.

That shows the kind of people living in America.

I�think you have been hurt,�ak_m_f.

please do not get offended.

Sorry, I apologise for the statement I made on you.

none taken.

I just pointed out that Indian government has oppressed muslims many times.

Do you still remeber gujrat riots? How can they commit genocide openly? and no one came to help our brothers in Gujrat.

salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 10:36pm

Just see what ak_m_f has stated regarding India and Pakistan.

That shows the kind of people living in America.

I think you have been hurt, ak_m_f.

please do not get offended.

Sorry, I apologise for the statement I made on you.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic