IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 8:55am

Assalaamu alaikum

"The heaven, We have built it with power. Verily. We are expanding it."

[Holy Quran: Surah 51, Verse 47]

��And (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to his command. Surely, His is the creation and commandment�. � 

[Holy Qur�an: Surah 7: Verse 54]

�And He it is Who has created the night & the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.�

[Holy Qur�an: Surah 21; Verse 33]

fanaofallah stated (in the �purification & beautiful sayings thread�):

"That part of your life that has gone by is irreplaceable, that which has arrived is priceless"

With regards to the initial post, the expansion of the universe�..

Within every fraction of revolution, a unique place in time is created.

As long as this movement is occurring, the universe will be expanding.

With every segment of time, exists the opportunity to purify the soul

As long as we are alive, we have the opportunity to grow closer to Allah, Glorified be He.

�His is the creation and commandment�

[Holy Qur�an: Surah 7: Verse 54]

Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 7:37pm

All,

The expansion of the Universe is not a Koranic concept.

The Expanding universe was foretold in the Holy Bible thousands of years before the Koran was ever penned�

Thanks�

Deus View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2005 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Apple Pie Apple Pie wrote:

The Expanding universe was foretold in the Holy Bible thousands of years before the Koran was ever penned�

Where?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 4:21pm
I agree the expansion of the Universe is not Quranic its ISLAMIC as the universe and all its creation and what was foretold by Allah in the Qur'an was before the revelation of the earthly Qur'an yes. But the creation of the universe and how it relates to Islam is nothing new to us (Muslims). BTW the expansion of the universe is wonderful but as it stated by scientist is one of the reasons for the expansion of the universe is because it doesnt have enough mass
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 4:45pm
Apple Pie wrote:

I think the bible (the christian bibble) just a few hundreed years (max 600 years) before Quran.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 6:26pm

Greetings Deus,

Thanks for your reply�

Apple Pie wrote:

Where?

Let�s review the one place that an �expanding universe� might occur in the Koran�

Here is a Literal rendering of sura 51.47 in context�

And the sky/space We built/constructed it with power/support and We are extending /spreading.  And the earth/Planet Earth We spread it out so the levelers/preparers (are) blessed/praise. (Sura 51:47-48)

Waalssamaa banaynaha bi-aydin wa-inna lamoosiAAoona Waal-arda farashnaha faniAAma almahidoona

Compare to Isaiah, the source of this Koranic passage�

Isaiah 44:24�.

So says Jehovah, your Redeemer and your Former from the womb; I am Jehovah, who makes all things; STRETCHING out the heavens; I alone, spreading out the earth. Who was with me?

Summary:

1)                    Heavens being stretched/expanded?...Isaiah, yes�Koran, yes

2)                    Who does the stretching?...Isaiah, Yahweh�Koran, allah

3)                    Is the Earth spread?...Isaiah, yes�Koran, yes

4)                    Who spreads the Earth?...Isaiah, Yahweh�Koran, allah

Thus�.it is most obvious that the authors of the Koran used Biblical �alkitabu� (once again) in the construction of the Koran�

Now that we are cognizant of where the Koranic authors� obtained the passages in question; we can demonstrated that the Holy Bible mentioned cosmic expansion not just once, but 11x�

Job 9:8; Psalm 104:2; Isaiah 40:22; 42:5; 44:24; 45:12; 48:13; 51:13; Jeremiah 10:12; 51:15; and Zechariah 12:1.

Here are the relevant Biblical verses in context.

Note: All verses are from Jay P. Green�s Interlinear Bible

Strong�s #5186              natah naw-taw' a primitive root; to stretch or spread out

Strong�s #2946              taphach taw-fakh' a primitive root; to flatten out or extend (as a tent);

Strong�s #4969            mathach maw-thakh' a primitive root; to stretch out:--spread out.

Job 9:8

7 the One speaking to the sun, and it does not rise: and He sets a seal around the stars.

8 STRETCHING out the heavens by Himself, and walking on the waves of the sea;

9 who made the Bear, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south;

Psalm 104:2

1 Bless Jehovah, O my soul! O Jehovah my God, You are very great; You have put on honor and majesty,

2 covering Yourself with light like a cloak, and STRETCHING out the heavens like a curtain;

3 who lays beams in the waters of His upper rooms, setting thick clouds as His chariots; walking on the wings of the wind.

Isaiah 40:22

21 Have you not known?  Have you not heard?  Was it not told to you from the beginning?  Did you not discern from the foundations of the earth?

22 He who sits on the circle of the earth, even its dwellers are like grasshoppers; He who STRETCHES the heavens like a curtain, and SPREADS them like a tent to live in.

23 who gives potentates into nothing � He makes judges of the earth as nothing.

Isaiah 42:5

4 He shall not fail nor be crushed until He has set justice in the earth; and the coasts shall wait for His law.

5 So says Jehovah God, creating the heavens and STRETCHING them out; spreading out the earth and its offspring, giving breath to the people on it, and spirit to those walking in it:

6 I, Jehovah, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand, and will keep You, and give You for a covenant of the people, for a light of the nations.

Isaiah 44:24

23 Sing, O heavens, for Jehovah has done it. Shout, O lower parts of the earth; burst forth into praise, O mountains. O forest, and every tree in it, sing praise, because Jehovah has redeemed Jacob, and glorifies Himself in Israel.

24 So says Jehovah, your Redeemer and your Former from the womb; I am Jehovah, who makes all things; STRETCHING out the heavens; I alone, spreading out the earth. Who was with me?

25 frustrating the signs of liars; yea, He makes diviners mad; turning wise ones backward, and making their knowledge foolish.

Isaiah 45:12

11 So says Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, and his Former,  Do you ask me the things to come?  Do you give command to Me about My sons, and about the work of My hands? 

12 I have made the earth, and created man on it. I STRETCHED out the heavens with My hands; and I have set all their host in order.

13 I raised him up in righteousness, and have made straight all his ways. He shall build My city, and he will release My captives; not for a price, nor for reward, says Jehovah of hosts.

Isaiah 48:13

12 So says Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, and his Former,  Do you ask me the things to come?  Do you give command to Me about My sons, and about the work of My hands? 

13 My hand surely founded the earth, and My right hand has STRETCHED out the heavens; I called, they stood up together.

14 All of you gather and hear; Who among them has declared these things?  Jehovah has loved him.  He will do His pleasure on Babylon; yea His arm shall be on the Chaldeans.

Isaiah 51:13

12 I, I am he comforting you. Who are you, that you should fear from man? He shall die! And from the son of man?  He is given as grass.

13 And you forget your maker Jehovah, who STRETCHED out the heavens and founded the earth. And you dread continually, everyday, from the fury of the oppressor, since he was ready to destroy.  And where is the fury of the oppressor?

14 Bowed he hurries to be free, and not that he die in the pit, and not that he lack his bread.

Jeremiah 10:12

11 So you shall say the them, The gods who have not made the heavens and the earth, they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

12 It is he who made the earth by His power; who established the world by His wisdom, and who STRETCHED out the heavens by His understanding.

13 When He utters His voice, there is a noise of waters in the heavens. He causes the vapors to go up from the ends of the earth; He makes lightnings for the rain, and brings forth the wind out of His storehouses.

Jeremiah 51:15

14 Jehovah of hosts has sworn by himself, saying, Surely I will fill you with men, as with locusts; and they shall lift up a shout against you.

15 He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by his wisdom, and STRETCHED out the heavens by his understanding.

16 When he gives his voice, a multitude of waters is in the heavens; and He causes the mists to ascend from the end of the earth. He makes lightnings for rain, and brings forth the wind out of His treasuries.

Zechariah 12:1

1 The burden of the word of Jehovah for Israel, says Jehovah, who STRETCHES forth the heavens, and lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him.

2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling to all the peoples all round, and it shall also be against Judah also in the siege against Jerusalem.

Thus�it is clearly seen that the Bible stated an expanding Universe abundantly THOUSANDS of years BEFORE the Koran.  At best, the Koran once again is borrowing from God�s word, the Holy Bible.

Thanks�

Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 6:36pm

Greetings Israfil,

Thanks for adding your comments�

I agree the expansion of the Universe is not Quranic its ISLAMIC as the universe and all its creation and what was foretold by Allah in the Qur'an was before the revelation of the earthly Qur'an yes. But the creation of the universe and how it relates to Islam is nothing new to us (Muslims).

What does Islam have to do with the Koran�?

Secondly, the authors of the Koran copied this information from the Holy Bible.

BTW the expansion of the universe is wonderful but as it stated by scientist is one of the reasons for the expansion of the universe is because it doesnt have enough mass

Of course.

Recent measurements demonstrate beyond any reasonable doubt that the known Universe will continue to expand, at an ever increasing rate, due to insufficient mass that would halt expansion.

Thanks�

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 9:59pm

Apple Pie states:

>>>>What does Islam have to do with the Koran�?

Secondly, the authors of the Koran copied this information from the Holy Bible.<<<<<

That sure is a funny remark......If you are aware of the fundamental teachings of Islam you'd not ask that question. On your second one so-called "authors" whom are you referring to? Third there is nothing about the Qur'an that is copied from the Bible...If you are unaware there are large gaps which the Qur'an and bible differ on. However this is off topic I suggest sticking with the current topic.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic