IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Introduce Yourselves  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce Yourselves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 12:41pm
Nadir, How about this
"One in a thousand is a natural born leader of men...
The other 999 are following women.

Okay I'm working on it. I'll get it.
Feel free to plug the album which features the Band Belladona and
ME playing the Funk tune "Never let the Monkey Drive"
dedicated to the voters of my country (Israel).

...Kindness Peace and Liberty like air.

Hoppa there it is!!!!

Shukra,

Danny

Edited by Daniel Dworsky
nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 5:06pm

I offer peace to you Daniel

"One in a thousand is a natural born leader of men...
The other 999 are following women.

Ha, ha very funny�..

In Islam a people are encouraged to choose names, for their meaning rather than just the sound, hence my request (for you to change the saying) was with this in mind. Hence I am interested & would like you to kindly share with me, the meaning of your newly chosen signature? 

So you have seen my post in the �complaints about the avatar�s�, & you can see that not much interest was taken. No skin off my back, the warning is there, it�s up to the individual to incorporate the Laws of Islam into their life.

If you have a look in the thread entitled �Yusuf Islam�, within the general discussion forum, you will find a link that �Yusuf� (ie the Muslim on this forum) posted, with regards to the use of musical instruments. The Prophet (SAW), despised musical instruments, & made every effort to avoid hearing musical melodies.

I am not even going to ask you if, you under/overstand the reasons why? As I can clearly see that you are unaware of the reasons (as you yourself are involved in making music). So instead, I ask you to contemplate the reasons why the Prophet (SAW), would be so against music?

Please post me your answer.

nadir

Edited by nadir
Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 9:49pm
It's from a song Called "Like Air."

...Let me raise my child in a land that's safe and free,
Where he's free to choose our answers or his questions
Where he's free to rune,
Neither hurt nor hurting no one,
Taking kindness peace and liberty like air.   
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 10:08pm
Nadir regarding your question I need to know what SAW stands for.

nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 7:20am

All Praise is due to God

Firstly sorry to any newbies, this conversation is probably been held in the wrong place, just ignore us.

�It's from a song Called "Like Air."

...Let me raise my child in a land that's safe and free,
Where he's free to choose our answers or his questions
Where he's free to rune,
Neither hurt nor hurting no one,
Taking kindness peace and liberty like air.�

OK, I can see where this verse is coming from. And wish to share with you why the meaning within it is flawed.

To arrive at a state where a person can �run free�, �neither hurt nor hurting no one�, a person/community/nation, must not only know God, but adhere to His commands. I say this in the light of the fact that, if you do not know God (& hence fear doing wrong by Him), you will not have (true) respect for others feelings. If you do know Him, but do not adhere to His Laws, then you are also likely to upset others, as His Law - is Divine, our ways - are imperfect.

The final sentence suggests that �kindness, peace & liberty� are �like air� � does that mean �free/natural� (please let me know the intended meaning?), & if so I would like to remind you that even air (is not free &) obeys the command of Allah (Glorified is the Most High, above all that they associate in partner with Him).

Everything obeys Allah (Glorified is the Most High), whether willing or not, hence surely the true success is to willingly obey Him, as only this way will He be inclined to reward, with true success.

If Allah wills

nadir   

p.s. SAW = Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalaam (may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him)

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 7:30am

What?  Nadir?  You listening to music? 

Don't get upset, you know I'm only joking with you!   Have a nice day!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 9:06am
And wish to share with you why the meaning within it is flawed.[/
B]

OH NO!!!!!!   AN ISLAMIC CRITIQUE OF MY MUSIC AUGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Just kill me...      

...now

amna_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amna_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 10:54am

Asslamualaikum,

I am here just to increase my knowledge and learn something from scholars. Its really a very informative site. Congratulations. I hope that inshallah you will listen me and help me to divert my energies in positive direction because a mistake in my life has made me a victim of low self-esteem.

May Allah help you in your cause.

ma salaam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic