IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A disturbing topic  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A disturbing topic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A disturbing topic
    Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:38am

assalamaulaikum muslim friends

I found one of the topics disturbing which is an active topic.

"Is Islam true?" this is the name of topic.

I think such topics should not b raised.

Those who doubt islam r surely among the losers.

According 2 me it is better that this topic is deleted as discussions should not b done on such topics which doubt Islam.

Allah hafiz.

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 12:03pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Br. Salman, I understand your post; however, it is a discussion in the InterFaith section where non-Muslims come to ask and, Inshallah, learn about Islam.  We allow such discussions on IC forum in hopes that non-Muslims will learn about and, at least, come to understand Islam instead of clinging to media propoganda.  I do monitor the threads to make sure they are not simply about "Islam-bashing".  Inshallah, you will understand why we allow such threads on IC and make du'a that those non-Muslims who come here will have their hearts opened to Islam. 

Allah Hafiz

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:01pm

Salam,

Agree with sr. khadijah. I think the forum's mission is to provide a media to discus any issue and at the end hopefully we get better understanding between muslim and non muslim and even among the muslims community itself.

It's OK we doubt about other religion other than ours. So in reverse it's OK they doubt about our religion. I think it's the way should be. What the point we choose ours if you don't think yours is the best and there is no doubtness about others.

So in the case of Islam, there are over 4 billions peoples that don't think/believe Islam is correct. So we don't need to surprise if there are many peoples raise questions about the correctness of Islam. It's our job to correct the wrong perception about Islam (if any), however it's not our job to make other believe in Islam.

Edited by semar
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 5:19pm

Assalamu Alaikum!

I agree with both sister Khadija and brother semar.

Jazak Allah Khair.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 7:16am

assalamualaikum muslim friends

change the topic name to 'Islam - the true religion'.

Allah hafiz.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 7:41am

Salman, some people - non muslims doubt and believe that islam is not true, hence the question they are asking is it true. I'm not sure what is wrong with that coming from a non muslims' point of view. Of course you as a believer see it as wrong as you do believe it is true.

The topic is in the right/appriorate place :islam for non muslims - a place for non muslims to ask quetions.

If you had a non muslim come up to you and say "Is islam true?" for which they are asking a question and for which is the title of their enquiry. How is this any different than what has been placed?

To have the title 'Islam - the true religion' is simply not appriorate coming from a non muslim/s

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 7:43am
ooops, sorry I made a mistake. I said islam for non muslims but the thread in question is in interfaith.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
pauline35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauline35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 5:35pm
There also, Muslims and non-Muslims will get to unfold the drama of outside worldly characteristics. I meant those who really came here to baptise with their wrath.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic