IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Inheritance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inheritance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inheritance
    Posted: 05 July 2017 at 3:09pm
Hello everyone.
I'm in a bit of a delima, which is why i have joined this group so i can find some answers.
the thing is that my family will be running into some inheritance after the sale of the house that my mother currently lives in. we are only two daughters and the amount combined is good enough.
we are both willing to give our money to our mother to purchase a house she can live in. but the thing is that i would like come, less than 1/4 of the sum to purchase a house for myself as currently i live on rent.
My mother is not very willing to compromise on the type of house she wants to live in (no apartments). so the budget each day is increasing and my chances of getting something for myself are decreasing.
i want her to be comfortable but at the same time i want to get a little financially stable as well as we are struggling at the moment.
i feel guilty that i am asking for part of this inheritance and not giving the entire sum to my mother.
am i being Islamically wrong for thinking this way. or can i maybe take a stand and demand something. i am very confused and would love some advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic