IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Eclipse prayer in Sunnah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eclipse prayer in Sunnah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eclipse prayer in Sunnah
    Posted: 28 June 2017 at 12:51pm

Eclipse in Hadith

I was curious if anyone was familiar with anyone doing the prayer in Sunnah of the Prophet (saws) during an eclipse? I noticed there are over 100 different narrations on eclipses in 5 Sunnah and gave a link to all in one place if anyone wants to read them. I have a feeling that this prayer has real benefits if done at the appropriate time and August 19 is I believe the date of the eclipse coming up so I thought it would be interesting to discuss.

I don't concentrate on the stars much but it just happens that a prayer for this specific occasion is proscribed and I feel like it is a clear sign I, I don't want to speak for anyone but it can't possibly hurt if people do the prayer at the right time. I don't think anything should be overlooked for importance I think supererogatory prayers are more right now than ever especially in congregations.

It is narrated by Muslim on authority of Uthman (Allah be pleased with him) that he said, tracing it to the Prophet (saws): "He who attends Isha' prayer (in the Mosque or in congregation) is (to recieve) like him who stands half a night in supererogatory prayers..."

I know that wasn't a perfect example for what I wanted to say but I had it close by, in Al-Ghazali, I just wanted to emphasize prayer in congregation can be (or is) of greater benefit, not for who prays only but who is prayed for as well and more so. Allah Willing.

Edited by Ghazali - 28 June 2017 at 12:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic