IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can one be a muslim? By..  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can one be a muslim? By..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PolygonPauper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can one be a muslim? By..
    Posted: 28 June 2017 at 7:39am
Can one be a muslim by not learning the arabic and read the quran in english (last time sahih international now i changed to yusuf ali)

Recite easy verses only like, al kafiroon, al ikhlas, al falaq, annas, for every salat after Fatihah in arabic of course,

also if death comes to me NOT knowing arabic, am i muslim? In the grave or On the day of judgement, what language is spoken?

Edited by PolygonPauper - 28 June 2017 at 7:40am
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2017 at 9:48pm
Salam,
Answering the question is yes. As afa as I know the requirement to be Muslim is doing 5 pillars of Islam and 6 pillars of iman/faith. So on that pilars no mention about speaking/understanding arabic.
Allah know best.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
asep garut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep garut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 3:51pm

Assalaamu�alaikum,

You can translate Al Qur'an in any language because Allah knows all languages. but especially in prayer (shalah and certain situations), we must read it in the language of the Qur'an because every letter in the reading contains many rewards.

No one knows the language that will be used in the grave and on the day of judgment, but all people in the grave and in the hereafter will automatically understand the language used there because it is the power of God (Allah)

Wassalaam,

Asep

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic