IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A comparative between.....  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A comparative between.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote responsibility Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A comparative between.....
    Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:47am

A comparative between Muhammad {SAW} and Iesa {SAW} concerning the teaching and understanding of � Tauheed�..

Holy Qur�an
Surah 16 � An-Nahl

22: Your Il�h is One Il�h (God All�h, none has the right to be worshipped but He). But for those who believe not in the Hereafter, their hearts deny (the faith in the Oneness of All�h), and they are proud.

The Gospel � Matthew: 19

16: And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

20: And he (Iesa {SAW}) said unto him, �Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.�

(This quote can also be found in - Mark 10:18, and Luke 18:19)

Is a good deed, truly a good deed if it has originated from within the pride of one-self? Or is a good deed, only a good deed when thou act in the name of Allah?

There is the one whom offers their prayer in order to be seen of man, and indeed the one whom when asked for advice can only advance worldly goals. Surely more good must be found in those whom offer their prayer in the name of Allah? Or indeed those whom when asked for advice are able to impartially guide to the Most High?

John Bunyan writes:

'You have not lived today successfully unless you have done something for someone who can never repay you.' (BUNYAN, John, the most popular religious writer in the English language, was born at Elstow, about a mile from Bedford, in the year 1628.)

Some only help those whom submit to their creed, others are merely advancing worldly goals.
So if you are innocent and seeking after what is right, beware of been merely prides sacrifice!

The Gospel � Luke: 6

32: For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? For sinners also love those that love them.

33: And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? For sinners also do even the same.

34: And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? For sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35: But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Holy Qur�an
Surah 2 - Al-Baqarah

272: Not upon you (Muhammad {SAW}) is their guidance, but All�h guides whom He wills. And whatever you spend in good, it is for yourselves, when you spend not except seeking All�h's Countenance. And whatever you spend in good, it will be repaid to you in full, and you shall not be wronged.

29: And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake (ie For the kingdom of God's sake. Luke � 18:29), shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

30: But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Muhammad {SAW}:

At-tahiyyaatu lillaahi wa-salawaatu wa-tayyibaatu

All greetings are for Allah, and all prayers and all goodness.

Holy Qur�an
Surah 2 - Al-Baqarah

264: O you who believe! Do not render in vain your Sadaqah (charity) by reminders of your generosity or by injury, like him who spends his wealth to be seen of men, and he does not believe in All�h, nor in the Last Day. His likeness is the likeness of a smooth rock on which is a little dust; on it falls heavy rain which leaves it bare. They are not able to do anything with what they have earned. And All�h does not guide the disbelieving people.

Sahih Al-Bukhari - Volume 8, Book 76, Number 506:

Narrated Jundub:

The Prophet said, "He who lets the people hear of his good deeds intentionally, to win their praise, Allah will let the people know his real intention (on the Day of Resurrection), and he who does good things in public to show off and win the praise of the people, Allah will disclose his real intention (and humiliate him).

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil'Alamin

All Praise is due to Allah, Lord of all that exists

responsibility View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote responsibility Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:49am

A further comparative between Muhammad {SAW} and Iesa {SAW} concerning the teaching and understanding of � Tauheed�..

Holy Qur�an
Surah 3 � Al-�Imran

92: By no means shall you attain Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, etc. here it means All�h's Reward - Paradise), unless you spend of that which you love; and whatever of good you spend, All�h knows it well.

Each has an allure toward something in this world, something which may become overwhelming to them. If allure for this world comes before the ever-lasting success, know the bottomless pit only gets more, & more grotesque. Worldly beauty is but passing, and superficial in delight, only when taken away does its true form come to light.

So let not passing beauty and worldly gain distract from the remembrance of Judgement Day.

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 76, Number 449

Narrated Abdullah:

The Prophet {SAW} said, �Who among you considers the wealth of his heirs dearer to him than his own wealth?� They replied, �O Allah�s Messenger! There is no among us but loves his own wealth more.� The Prophet {SAW} said, �So his wealth is whatever he spends (in Allah�s cause) during his life (on good deeds), while the wealth of his heirs is whatever he leaves after his death.�

Sahih Al-Bukhari - Volume 2, Book 24, Number 500:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man came to the Prophet and asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Which charity is the most superior in reward?" He replied, "The charity which you practice while you are healthy, niggardly and afraid of poverty and wish to become wealthy. Do not delay it to the time of approaching death and then say, 'Give so much to such and such, and so much to such and such.' And it has already belonged to such and such (as it is too late)."

16: And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17: And he said unto him, �Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.� 18: He saith unto him, �Which?� Jesus said, �Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19: Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.� 20: The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? 21: Jesus said unto him, �If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.� 22: But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 23: Then said Jesus unto his disciples, "Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.� 24: And again I say unto you, �It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.�

Holy Qur�an
Surah 53 � An-Najm

[32] Those who avoid great sins and Al-Faw�hish except the small faults, verily, your Lord is of vast forgiveness. He knows you well when He created you from the earth (Adam), and when you were foetuses in your mothers' wombs. So ascribe not purity to yourselves. He knows best him who fears All�h and keep his duty to Him [i.e. those who are Al-Muttaq�n].

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil'Alamin

All Praise is due to Allah, Lord of all that exists

responsibility View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote responsibility Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 4:24am

Maybe the below may help to further clarify my initial posts��.

(Hinduism)

Self-interest
From The Mahabharata

"There is no condition that deserves permanently the name either of friendship or hostility. Both friends and foes arise from considerations of interest and gain. Friendship becomes changed into enmity in the course of time. A foe also becomes a friend. Self-interest is very powerful."

"There is no such thing as a foe. There is no such thing in existence as a friend. It is force of circumstances that creates friends and foes."

(Islam)

Holy Qur�an
Surah 1 � Al-Fatihah

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

All praises and thanks be to Allah, Lord of all that exists

The issue I wish to outline with regards to the above is that, unless one acts purely in the name of God, then one will inevitably be acting in one�s own self interest (which 99.9% of people unfortunately do).

I have studied Buddhism, Christianity & Islam, and within each �religion� there has been division into sects, each sect adamantly declaring �exclusive� possession of the truth. This phenomenon has lead to people been unable to impartially guide to the Most High, as they are only able to advance their own views, which can be especially misleading if the people in question have only ever known their own sect, and hence are not qualified to comment on anything other than that sect (but out of ignorance do so anyway).

It has become a very sad world when �

Kindness is a mask, merely hiding self-interest

When there are no friends, only people using me

Antony-Islaah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 4:07pm

now thats what i'm talking 'bout.....

well done antony, seen as though no one else appreciates.

amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 6:57pm

very interesting

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 7:18pm
Antony-Islaah/Nadir/responsibility.

what you have against IC?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2006 at 9:30am

The one whom coins the term �extremism�, is really saying he cares nothing for religion, he is really saying he lives an immoral life.

The �moderate� whom hoards money in the most extreme way, and grasps at power likewise, is moderate only in that he decides to pick choose what aspect of the religion he follows, he is moderate because he does not incorporate all the religion, for he knows better than a Prophet, for what is religion but the yarns of old!      

Moderation in the areas you pick and choose! Nay!   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2006 at 10:12am

i would actually say, i am just facing the issues many wish to bury, and so they think i have something against them because i am bringing those very issues to the surface. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic